PDA

View Full Version : advise needed please concerning ILR

chippy
16th April 2007, 17:19
Hi All, I have few questions regarding visa. I acquired Visa dated 15 December 2005 – 15 December 2007. I arrived UK on 12 January 2006 and went away out of the country for 2 weeks on December 2006. My question is am I qualified to apply for ILR or do I have to apply for Extension to complete the period of 2 years. If so how many months or years do the embassy will give me an extension to stay? And do I have to wait my extension visa will runs out so I can apply the ILR? Or am I qualified to apply for ILR after the completion of 2 years of stay with the extension visa? Is it okay for me now to take the "Life in the UK Test"? as I need it in the near future... Thanks very much...

LadyJ
16th April 2007, 17:53
I think you are qualified to apply ILR and do not need to get extension as you flew to the UK within 28 days after been issued a spouse visa.

Your 2 weeks holiday outside UK is OK, this won't affect your application.

About taking the test early I'm not sure if you can do this but you still got plenty time before you start worrying.

scotsfiancee
16th April 2007, 17:59
About taking the test early I'm not sure if you can do this but you still got plenty time before you start worrying.

Yes she can take the test anytime from now, it doesn't matter if its too early. If your ready, you have to contact the nearest test center in your area to book for your test and you can find it here http://www.lifeintheuktest.gov.uk

Goodluck:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
17th April 2007, 11:49
no you dont need FLR, and no your holiday will not effect your ILR, and yes you can take the test anytime. but you have to send your pass cert with your app for ILR.

so its all good news :xxgrinning--00xx3: