PDA

View Full Version : Anybody bothered about what's going on in Libya?

Walaytawo
10th April 2011, 14:56
When I talk to friends and family back home about the invasion of Libya they don't seem very interested, don't even have an opinion. Seems strange with all the cuts and how out of pocket people are I would have thought that spending billions on invading a foreign country would cause a bit of anger :Erm:

branno
10th April 2011, 15:28
When I talk to friends and family back home about the invasion of Libya they don't seem very interested, don't even have an opinion. Seems strange with all the cuts and how out of pocket people are I would have thought that spending billions on invading a foreign country would cause a bit of anger :Erm:

a vision off freedom ... is wot they will only get... we once bank rolled a young freedom fighter in afghanistan against the russians.. osama bin laden.. look how that turned out... i just wonder wen the first boat loads of libyans arrive here...

Tawi2
10th April 2011, 15:31
I spend time nowadays very close to the libyan coastline,just offshore,lots of people are interested;)

scott&ligaya
10th April 2011, 15:34
This is a forum for primarily for Brits and their Filipina partners, plenty of other more appropriayte forums to discuss such a weighty issue. Barbacue chicken marinade recipes please!!!:)

Walaytawo
10th April 2011, 15:43
This is a forum for primarily for Brits and their Filipina partners, plenty of other more appropriayte forums to discuss such a weighty issue. Barbacue chicken marinade recipes please!!!:)

That's the head in the sand attitude I'm talking about :rolleyes: The average tax payer just doesn't want to talk about it.

@Tawi2 That's quite a trek from Cotabato. Nice to know others are taking an interest :xxgrinning--00xx3:

@branno we like to play both sides don't we :rolleyes:

scott&ligaya
10th April 2011, 16:19
That's the head in the sand attitude I'm talking about :rolleyes: The average tax payer just doesn't want to talk about it.

You are so wrong my friend, just not the forum I wish to discuss it, my son is actually patrolling the no fly zone right now, he flys Typhoons out of RAF Coningsby but is currently forward deployed to Gioia Del Colle in Italy.

Now has any one got any barbacue chicken marinade recipes

Walaytawo
10th April 2011, 16:47
I thought with all the different sections on the site there was more here than discussions about relationships, visas and recipes. Please feel free to delete this thread mods if I've strayed from the subjects the site was intended for.

scott&ligaya
10th April 2011, 16:55
actually that is a good point and you did post in the news section so apologies if I somewhat made light of a serious topic... and a belated welcome to the site.

keithAngel
10th April 2011, 17:14
good post what do you think of the action rather than the cost:xxgrinning--00xx3:

branno
10th April 2011, 17:42
johann hari has wrote in the indepent on sunday "were not been told the truth on libya" .... its well worth a read.

grahamw48
10th April 2011, 17:45
They'll be needing lots of new armaments once the situation is resolved. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

keithAngel
10th April 2011, 19:52
johann hari has wrote in the indepent on sunday "were not been told the truth on libya" .... its well worth a read.

this one

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/johann-hari/johann-hari-were-not-being-told-the-truth-on-libya-2264785.html

branno
10th April 2011, 20:00
this one

the pakinstani grocer seemed very clued up tho...

KeithD
10th April 2011, 21:39
How much is one nuke? How wide is Libya? Sorted :icon_lol:

keithAngel
11th April 2011, 03:24
how wides scouser land?:Rasp:

Walaytawo
11th April 2011, 06:03
Governments arrogance in believing how gullible people are is laughable. Did we learn nothing from Iraq and Afghanistan? Does anybody actually believe this is a humanitarium effort, because we care so much about the oppressed people of Libya. :doh

Without oil our western economies are screwed, and with our own reserves running out there's no other way to fix that problem than plunder it from other countries. :cwm23:

Straight from the horses mouth:

pyEJ6Aja-UQ

A good read if anybody's interested: Blood and Oil: The Dangers and Consequences of America's Growing Dependency on Imported Petroleum (The American Empire Project)

KeithD
11th April 2011, 09:32
We done the same thing in Bosnia or have you forgotten that? No oil there, and Libya only supplies 2% of the worlds oil, and at the moment 0% and we are not short of supplies. No oil in Afghanistan either so that arguments a dud.

It is humanitarian as we prevented genocide, and is something the UN needs to do more often. You'll find British people aren't dumb to things like this, however the Yanks are extremely dumbed down and insular.

Walaytawo
11th April 2011, 10:17
What makes Libya more of an urgent humanitarian crisis than say Zimbabwe, Sudan, Ivory Coast etc :Erm: Anything to do with it being in the top ten oil producers in the world? The first thing they did when they went in - as with Iraq - was secure the oil fields. Afghanistan may have something to do with the proposed pipeline Cheney and his buddies had been planning for years to run oil from Azerbaijan.

Bosnia, who knows, the military is an economy within itself. When you've got a massive budget to keep building weapons only makes sense to use them.

keithAngel
11th April 2011, 10:17
Afganastan was and is about the oil pipeline wouldnt want radical islamists anywhere near that

Walaytawo
11th April 2011, 10:19
lol nice one Keith :xxgrinning--00xx3: posted the same statement at the same time :)

Arthur Little
11th April 2011, 10:32

:rolleyes: For those of old enough to remember the hey day of the 'Hollies' pop group, :olddude: I am reminded of their 1964 "hit":-

"Just one *look" - read *nuke &c ... :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
11th April 2011, 11:04
... "That's all it took~uh ye~ah
Just one nuke ... and Ga~daffi's gone ... on on~
Aa~way~ay~ay~
Fo~or e~ver ... and a day~ay~ay
~Oh~oh~oh~oh :rolleyes:

joebloggs
11th April 2011, 11:06
well i use to work with 2 libyan brothers, they had a english mother and british passports, the didn't consider themselves to be British at all, infact they use to :laugher: at british soldiers getting killed in Afghanistan and Iraq. i wonder if their cheering the Brits now :action-smiley-081:

Arthur Little
11th April 2011, 11:23
For the benefit of most of a generation ... as of then unborn ... the 'Hollies' were a Manchester-based group with its genesis in the early 1960s. :D

branno
11th April 2011, 11:30
possibly 60 billion barrels of oil in the falklands and more than 1 trillion dollars worth of minerals in afghan... thats a few quids worth fighting for ... hows that song go ... all i need is the oil that you breathe.... :yikes:

Arthur Little
11th April 2011, 11:44
... hows that song go ... all i need is the oil that you breathe.... :yikes:

Ah ... another variation on a 'Hollies' theme. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Walaytawo
11th April 2011, 11:55
well i use to work with 2 libyan brothers, they had a english mother and british passports, the didn't consider themselves to be British at all, infact they use to :laugher: at british soldiers getting killed in Afghanistan and Iraq. i wonder if their cheering the Brits now :action-smiley-081:

That's the kind of hatred we fuel with our foreign policies :rolleyes:

joebloggs
11th April 2011, 13:14
That's the kind of hatred we fuel with our foreign policies :rolleyes:

they hated the brits becuase they killed their 'muslim brothers'

thou them same 'muslim brothers' killed an estimated 1m of each other in the iran/iraq war :crazy:

Doc Alan
11th April 2011, 13:48
I can understand why Arthur and Branno made the connection between the Hollies and Gaddafi ... both have berries / berets :icon_lol:

KeithD
11th April 2011, 14:16
What makes Libya more of an urgent humanitarian crisis than say Zimbabwe, Sudan, Ivory Coast etc :Erm:

We are doing the same thing in the Ivory Coast if you pay attention to the news.

Walaytawo
11th April 2011, 14:58
Must have missed that. Do you have a link?

branno
11th April 2011, 15:16
I can understand why Arthur and Branno made the connection between the Hollies and Gaddafi ... both have berries / berets :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
11th April 2011, 15:38

:) Precisely, Alan ... it's good to "inject" (pun seemed appropriate with your being a doctor!) some humour into those types of thread as a much-needed antidote to all the doom and gloom :cwm24: we're subjected to in the media nowadays. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jerry46
11th April 2011, 15:43
Gadaffi has said he will calm down after coming to an agreement with the African nations.

keithAngel
11th April 2011, 15:50
All we need is war dum de dum de all we need is war......war all we all we need is war:doh

grahamw48
11th April 2011, 15:54
Gadaffi has said he will calm down after coming to an agreement with the African nations.

Wow...now there's a bunch we can all trust. :icon_lol:

Walaytawo
11th April 2011, 16:02
I wonder if the fact the King of Kings wants to unite the whole of Africa and form a single government and currency may also be part of the reason for invading Libya :Erm: Perhaps wouldn't be so easy to plunder their resources then.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7588033.stm

grahamw48
11th April 2011, 16:09
May be of interest to the Chinese. :)

branno
11th April 2011, 16:27
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3_EXqJ8f-0

branno
11th April 2011, 16:29
War is a racket.

a speech delivered in 1933 by major general smedley butler.

Walaytawo
11th April 2011, 16:39
Good video :xxgrinning--00xx3: The military industrial complex was something Eisenhower warned against when he left office:

http://uspolitics.about.com/od/speeches/a/eisenhower_3.htm

branno
4th May 2011, 21:08

oops wrong country... id prefer it dropped on america.. end of terrorism :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
4th May 2011, 21:24
oops wrong country... id prefer it dropped on america.. end of terrorism :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:Erm:

les_taxi
4th May 2011, 23:11

Are you serious?:yikes:

les_taxi
4th May 2011, 23:21
Wow...now there's a bunch we can all trust. :icon_lol:

Nigerian scammers need not apply:laugher:
Graham i have come into billions of ££££££S I just need you to give me your account details so I can transfer the cash,can we use c.h.a.p.s facility to speed the money going into your account:D
Please forward cheque for £1000 to faciltate this:xxgrinning--00xx3:

branno
4th May 2011, 23:39
Are you serious?:yikes:

yeahhh.... very serious.. well actually i mean their politics and brain washing and weapons of mass destruction...

KeithD
5th May 2011, 08:56
yeahhh.... very serious.. well actually i mean their politics and brain washing and weapons of mass destruction...

Democracy :Erm:
Brain washing?? It happens in this country, it's called religion, so maybe we should nuke ourselves first :doh
WMD - We have nukes, last time I looked they were WMD :rolleyes:

les_taxi
5th May 2011, 09:02
This thread is turning crazy:icon_lol:

Walaytawo
5th May 2011, 09:36
TV is blatant brainwashing, unless you can name a TV show which doesn't promote vanity, fame, greed, bitchiness, violence, murder, rape etc. I only turn the TV on in the UK once in awhile to have a laugh at the news, at how dumb they presume people to be. Can't ever remember seeing a show which promotes thinking for yourself.

Saddam and his WMDs :rolleyes: Political lies, and nobody seems bothered we were led to war to kill 1 million people on false pretenses :angry:

KeithD
5th May 2011, 10:16
TV is blatant brainwashing, unless you can name a TV show which doesn't promote vanity, fame, greed, bitchiness, violence, murder, rape etc.

The Racing Channel & At The Races .... that's 2 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
5th May 2011, 10:17
Walaytawo chill out mate:NEW5:

Walaytawo
5th May 2011, 10:38
All sports are encouraged by the powers that be as they dumb down the people and keep them distracted from what's really going on. Look how many people are obsessed by their football team :crazy: I saw some old school pals of mine recently posting on Facebook their pride and joy at their team reaching wembley. The way they were going on you'd have thought they'd found a cure for cancer or a soloution to world peace :rolleyes:

Apologies Les, the truth makes me want to go back to sleep sometimes too :D

les_taxi
5th May 2011, 11:12
If you are passionate about a sport then it does mean a great deal to you if you win something.
Many on here a sporting fans and it's a big part of many people's lives.
Watching Man utd beat Bayern Munchen in the last few mins of the game in 1999 was one of the happiest moments of my life:Jump:
I'm looking at your posts and don't take this the wrong way but you seem to comment a lot on the 'heavy stuff' I would love to hear what your passions are,your filipino relationship etc.
Your are making my mate Dedworth sound like Mr. Happy:icon_lol:

Walaytawo
5th May 2011, 11:28
I would love to hear what your passions are,your filipino relationship etc.

Passions: travel, photography, walking, nature, reading, religious studies, media analysis. I'm kind of a phase guy, something interests me for awhile, then I move onto something new and unlearned. Quite like jet-skiing at the moment.

Relationship: currently in a happy and fulfilling relationship with my future ex-girlfriend :)

I'll try and lighten up a little and lay off the heavy stuff :D That was some game in '99 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

branno
5th May 2011, 12:56
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nD7dbkkBIA

Walaytawo
5th May 2011, 13:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nD7dbkkBIA

Good share :xxgrinning--00xx3: I've seen the Aaron Russo interview a few times, and he just comes across as a real stand up guy, no reason to think he's making it up. What I found most interesting was where he said about Rockefeller admitted to re-engineering women through funding the womens lib movement.

Good article here on the subject - http://www.rense.com/general75/how.htm

The hidden goal of feminism is to destroy the family, which interferes with state brainwashing of the young. Side benefits include depopulation and widening the tax base. Displacing men in the role of providers also destabilizes the family.

branno
5th May 2011, 16:12
yeahh he hits home with a few points :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
5th May 2011, 23:50
Saddam and his WMDs :rolleyes: Political lies, and nobody seems bothered we were led to war to kill 1 million people on false pretenses :angry:

Suggested new threads "Anybody bothered about Saddam Hussein using biological weapons on his own people" or "Anybody bothered about the 500000 Iraqis and untold Iranians killed in the 1980 - 88 Iran v Iraq War" ...............err no I guess not :Erm:

Walaytawo
6th May 2011, 00:48
Suggested new threads "Anybody bothered about Saddam Hussein using biological weapons on his own people" or "Anybody bothered about the 500000 Iraqis and untold Iranians killed in the 1980 - 88 Iran v Iraq War" ...............err no I guess not :Erm:

Good topics for discussion :xxgrinning--00xx3: Or a new thread on the Arms to Iraq scandal, which contributed heavily to the downfall of the last conservative mob. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arms-to-Iraq

Where was our humanitarian effort in those days :Erm: Profit before lives. Always :crazy:

grahamw48
6th May 2011, 09:39
'The hidden goal of feminism is to destroy the family, which interferes with state brainwashing of the young. Side benefits include depopulation and widening the tax base. Displacing men in the role of providers also destabilizes the family.'

In that they have certainly succeeded. :rolleyes:

branno
6th May 2011, 18:22
then to top it all we further discovered that sadam had none of the weapons he was believed to of had, but we see kim jong of north korea blatantly flaunting his nuclear arsenal and openly saying " hey look wot ive got" as he points to his missiles and his chemical nightmares.. I think kim jong is very unstable.. but who are we to say he cant have them, when we ourselfs have them..

Dedworth
6th May 2011, 18:40
then to top it all we further discovered that sadam had none of the weapons he was believed to of had, but we see kim jong of north korea blatantly flaunting his nuclear arsenal and openly saying " hey look wot ive got" as he points to his missiles and his chemical nightmares.. I think kim jong is very unstable.. but who are we to say he cant have them, when we ourselfs have them..

Rather than mess about trying to develop nuclear weapons Kim il Jong should be working hard to get on the UK's list of Foreign Aid recipients - it works for Pakistan we shovel hundreds of millions at the scum running that nest of vipers :angry:

branno
6th May 2011, 19:25
wot a fantastic planet we live in, just a shame we dont know how to respect wot we have. may be one day we will, before its to late.

les_taxi
6th May 2011, 20:02
No need to worry too much coz when the Sun goes supanova thats it game over :)

branno
6th May 2011, 20:16
shall i have a few stella artois or some valium :icon_lol:

les_taxi
6th May 2011, 20:24
shall i have a few stella artois or some valium :icon_lol:

Very high factor sun cream:laugher:

Jonbo
7th May 2011, 19:55
Wow intense threadfs or what

branno
7th May 2011, 21:55
Wow intense threadfs or what

nooo just normal conversation :icon_lol: wots ur views on north korea esp kim jong :icon_lol: or esp these bloody tories who rob milk from children :icon_lol: and the lib cons that cant tell the truth without causing a riot :icon_lol: i guess just more off spring from that woman called thatcher .. :icon_lol: all i can say is... becareful of wot news paper you buy...:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: