PDA

View Full Version : marriage and visa

denehazel
14th April 2007, 20:11
hi all.im getting married in the philippines in august,i need some advise.i plan to arrive in the philippines on the 6th,exchange my cni for the local one the same or next day.we have planned to get married on the 18th,is this possible if we have all the correct paperwork.also now long after the wedding can my wife apply for a spouce visa.i will be there for only 3 weeks.can anyone help please.

scotsfiancee
14th April 2007, 20:23
hi all.im getting married in the philippines in august,i need some advise.i plan to arrive in the philippines on the 6th,exchange my cni for the local one the same or next day.we have planned to get married on the 18th,is this possible if we have all the correct paperwork.also now long after the wedding can my wife apply for a spouce visa.i will be there for only 3 weeks.can anyone help please.

If all paper works are ready, yes she can apply visa no prob.

Here's the thread from dave bout how Marriage certificate works after wedding.http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=1800&highlight=marriage+certficate

Your thread is here http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=2717

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=2736

Next?

Boss,Rob,Joebloggs,empott,andypaul,baboyako,Philip,tigertigress,eljean,chrisirene,vbkelly... have i missed someone?

Your costumer guys!!! :icon_lol:

baboyako
14th April 2007, 20:39
yea scotts.. show us yer pic :Bouncy:

denehazel
14th April 2007, 20:54
please can you tell me how long after the wedding can my wife apply for a visa

walesrob
14th April 2007, 21:30
please can you tell me how long after the wedding can my wife apply for a visa

She can apply for the visa as soon as the Marriage Cerificate has been authenicated by the NSO. This can take up to 28 days. Make sure all the other documentation is in order in a meantime.

denehazel
14th April 2007, 22:47
thanks rob.it was not what i wanted to hear,but nothing to be done about it.it means now my wife will have to apply on her own,she will not be happy.one more thing does she need my passport to apply,this would be hard as i need it to get home.

empott
15th April 2007, 00:07
Boss,Rob,Joebloggs,empott,andypaul,baboyako,Philip,tigertigress,eljean,chrisirene,vbkelly... have i missed someone?

Your costumer guys!!! :icon_lol:

I'll pass for now Scots :icon_lol:

tiger@tigress
15th April 2007, 01:27
yea scotts.. show us yer pic :Bouncy:

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: Scots your pic is still wanted here :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

tiger@tigress
15th April 2007, 01:31
thanks rob.it was not what i wanted to hear,but nothing to be done about it.it means now my wife will have to apply on her own,she will not be happy.one more thing does she need my passport to apply,this would be hard as i need it to get home.

Yes photo copy of your passport is very much needed all pages... Just tell your wife to read previous post here all the guidelines are well explain base on each and everyones experience......most of us here applied w/o the presence of our significant others... and we made... :Hellooo: :Hellooo:

andypaul
15th April 2007, 09:24
Most of us were not in phill the whole time it took our wifes to apply. Most of the paperwork you can sort out while there and then send the rest over before application is handed in.

One of my wifes aunts helped her greatly when she had to go to the cfo, dfa offices etc. basically just company and moral support.

denehazel
15th April 2007, 17:22
thanks again everyone for your help.one more thing (sorry for all the questions)my wife to be lives in calubian,its about 2 hours drive to tacloban i hour on plane to manila.i want to know if she has to go in person to the british embassy in manila.she will not travel on her own,and i can not be there.can she apply by post or somewhere closer to her?can anyone help please?
regards noel

andypaul
15th April 2007, 17:49
The application for uk visa is made by post, she is unlikely to be asked for an interview in manila it seems especially if a good application is made.
But she will need to travel to one of the cfo offices either manila or cebu to get her cfo stamp before coming to the uk.

andypaul
15th April 2007, 17:51
Ps noel this is a forum dont worry about asking a question if your wife to be or you cant find answers to a question on here or elsewhere.
Have u read petes website yet? That will help you both understand the process a lot better.

denehazel
15th April 2007, 21:33
thanks andypaul.you have been a great help as are the rest on here.i wish i had found you people earlier.ps you probably think im stupid but what is cfo.could you give me petes website please.thanks once again.
noel

andypaul
15th April 2007, 21:51
thanks andypaul.you have been a great help as are the rest on here.i wish i had found you people earlier.ps you probably think im stupid but what is cfo.could you give me petes website please.thanks once again.
noel

petes website has a link at the top on the right hand side of this page.

british-filipino.com

If you have the time read though that whole site and of course go though this site loads of useful help and advice.

The cfo if you search on this website, is an organsation which any phill going abroad has to get a stamp in there passport. To say they been to a talk and for want of a better word approved to go abroad.

heres the link to their site www. cfo.org.ph

If i can give you one bit of advice it is to masses of research, like with your other question about how to send money to phil things change constantly and everyones situation is silghty different whats best for one person may not be so good for another.

tiger@tigress
16th April 2007, 02:38
thanks andypaul.you have been a great help as are the rest on here.i wish i had found you people earlier.noel

:Hellooo: Dont worry just ask question and everybodys here to give u an answer....

tiger@tigress
16th April 2007, 02:45
noel

Address: Commission on Filipinos Overseas
Cebu Extension Office
Causing-Lozada Bldg., Osmeņa Blvd.,
cor. M. J. Cuenca Ave., Cebu City
site map-> http://www.cfo.gov.ph/mapcebu1.jpg

empott
17th April 2007, 03:16
I'll pass for now Scots :icon_lol:

Sorry, i didn't mean to be rude... But then, i don't want to give advices that i haven't experienced yet. I might give wrong infos which can jeopardized one's application and thats something i don't want to happen. :NoNo: I'm still in the process of collecting proofs and not started with the application yet! :bigcry:

tiger@tigress
17th April 2007, 09:59
Sorry, i didn't mean to be rude... But then, i don't want to give advices that i haven't experienced yet. I might give wrong infos which can jeopardized one's application and thats something i don't want to happen. :NoNo: I'm still in the process of collecting proofs and not started with the application yet! :bigcry:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Go gurl :xxgrinning--00xx3:

empott
17th April 2007, 12:59
Thanks Ma, u really give me strength, gurl.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

vbkelly
17th April 2007, 16:15
dont worry she can do it, first thing need to do is after you married in church or civil services ask them to pass straight away your papers to local registry office then,after 3days get your paper in the local registry office actually they pass our marriaged certificate in NSO after a month but can you ask the supervisor that you need your marriage certificate,tell them you need to send your certificate in the NSO bcoz you need to apply a visa send it via LBC or any express mail atleast 24hours then kept your receipt bcoz you need to show that in the NSO so you can have an evidence that your certificate is their in the office already then 2days after you can get your marrieged cert with the stamp of NSO then start process your papers in the uk embassy manila goodluck