PDA

View Full Version : LG 42" HD Plasma TV £339........LG 50" HD Plasma TV £469

Ako Si Jamie
3rd April 2011, 20:55
Number 4 & Number 10 on this page

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/61/256/xx/8/3/criteresn.html

Englishman2010
3rd April 2011, 21:02
TV's are almost cheap enough to use a 42 or 50 inch screen as a PC monitor:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
3rd April 2011, 21:08
Good thinking :)

grahamw48
3rd April 2011, 23:16
TV's are almost cheap enough to use a 42 or 50 inch screen as a PC monitor:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I already do. :)

gWaPito
3rd April 2011, 23:48
I already do. :)

Good for you Graham. It was my intention to getting a 50 inch before last weekend.

The 700 pound pram took priority along with a 300 pound cotbed :NoNo:

grahamw48
4th April 2011, 00:06
I've just been playing the new Xbox 'Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed' on it tonight.

- Got the full set up...steering wheel, pedals all mounted properly, etc.

I'm an online track demon, and some of these younger players would be sick if they knew it was an old bloke beating them. :icon_lol:

Oh, and we have another big telly next to the 50" in case one of us actually wants to watch TV. :)

gWaPito
4th April 2011, 00:33
I've just been playing the new Xbox 'Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed' on it tonight.

I'm an online track demon, and some of these younger players would be sick if they knew it was an old bloke beating them. :icon_lol:

Oh, and we have another big telly next to the 50" in case one of us actually wants to watch TV. :)

Sounds if you got it made :NoNo:

Think of me tomorrow late afternoon, after 5 hrs kip spending a further few hundred quid on baby essentials for example 120 pound video baby monitor.

It wasn't like this 30 years ago. Just as well, i was a broke 20 yo. Everything then was either past down or from the thrift shop. Happy days, not!.

Your not old Graham! This is cyberspace, we can be anything we want to be. Literally :)

grahamw48
4th April 2011, 00:48
Haha.:)

Actually it's my boy who talks me into buying nearly everything.:rolleyes:

Me, I'm an old skinflint who would darn up holes in my slippers rather than spend money on new ones. :icon_lol:

I just don't begrudge him anything, and he's not spoilt in a way that makes him behave badly.

He's also got a room full of guitars, amps, synths, etc.

Some things are only right when you're young, and I had pretty much sod all when I was his age.

I suppose I could waste it on booze and expensive meals out etc, but I was single and independent from 18 to 40, and out on the town 7 nights a week, so I reckon I had a fair innings of selfish pleasures.:)

gWaPito
4th April 2011, 02:30
Haha.:)

Actually it's my boy who talks me into buying nearly everything.:rolleyes:

Me, I'm an old skinflint who would darn up holes in my slippers rather than spend money on new ones. :icon_lol:

I just don't begrudge him anything, and he's not spoilt in a way that makes him behave badly.

He's also got a room full of guitars, amps, synths, etc.

Some things are only right when you're young, and I had pretty much sod all when I was his age.

I suppose I could waste it on booze and expensive meals out etc, but I was single and independent from 18 to 40, and out on the town 7 nights a week, so I reckon I had a fair innings of selfish pleasures.:)

You and me both!

I was a skin flint all my life until my disastrous 2nd marriage.

I, rather the first wife gave and gave to my first lot of kids. Perhaps it was to make up for my absences and a little of wanting to live our lives through them.

In my case, it turns out it wasn't appreciated in fact, in there eyes it was there right.

Never mind it's water under the bridge now. :)

grahamw48
4th April 2011, 10:16
Yep...young fella like you and gorgeous wife...onwards and upwards mate. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

malditako
4th April 2011, 11:30

we did as well but then i told hubby to put the small monitor back..its just too bright for my eyes...seems it can blind me lol.

joebloggs
4th April 2011, 13:23
Good for you Graham. It was my intention to getting a 50 inch before last weekend.

The 700 pound pram took priority along with a 300 pound cotbed :NoNo:

:yikes: were they gold plated :cwm24:

little joes been using only of these Maclaren Quest Sport stroller - Charcoal / Orange
for the last 3yrs, cost about £140.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41EVyfO3yzL._SX315_SY375_.jpg?$thumbnail$

Ako Si Jamie
5th April 2011, 19:49

:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
6th April 2011, 00:12
It just did me out of $550,000 ! :bigcry:

Didn't save my new car to the garage, but took my money !!! :cwm23:

Me: "I've been robbed !"

My boy: "Dad...it's oooonly a game !"

Me: "Yes, but I've been robbed !" :Erm:

sars_notd_virus
6th April 2011, 08:13
we got the LG - 42LD450 - 42" LCD TV for £379,pretty cool for a PC monitor:xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
6th April 2011, 14:27
:yikes: were they gold plated :cwm24:

little joes been using only of these Maclaren Quest Sport stroller - Charcoal / Orange
for the last 3yrs, cost about £140.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41EVyfO3yzL._SX315_SY375_.jpg?$thumbnail$

I didn't tell the whole truth Joe. That 700 was for a Quinny and the compatible travel system

Buggy with cot, foot muffs, rain and fly covers along with car seat and seat base.

The buggy alone cost 400. Well worth it. wife saved over 100 by getting it via amazon.

joebloggs
7th April 2011, 03:33
yes gwapito i bought something similar to that, little joe out grew the thing in a year (cot, car seat etc) :angry:

also it took too much space up in the car boot :NoNo:

gWaPito
7th April 2011, 04:03
yes gwapito i bought something similar to that, little joe out grew the thing in a year (cot, car seat etc) :angry:

also it took too much space up in the car boot :NoNo:

Unfortunately Joe, there's no choice with the cot for obvious reasons (they got to sleep somewhere) and it doubles up as a mosses basket as per manufacturers recommendations

. The baby car seat and base is a legal requirement.

You had good value with yours if you got a year. The recommendation is for 9 months only.

Even the midwife said that without the correct seating arrangements in the car the nhs are within there rights to keep the baby!

At least the buggy bit will last a few years. God willing, we intend pressing on with the tribe.

joebloggs
7th April 2011, 04:19
i know, the cost of it all, someone somewhere is getting rich for a bit of metal and plastic :cwm24:

about a yr, then its not much good :NoNo:, well you've got the clothes and toy stages yet :icon_lol:

take it easy gwapito don't work too much :xxgrinning--00xx3:

malditako
7th April 2011, 07:15
having a baby is indeed very expensive...it cost us a fortune for this cot, buggy, high chair, rocking chair, walker etc,,,:doh only to be use for 2 years. we shouldn't have been spent that much :NoNo:

grahamw48
7th April 2011, 07:59
We were lucky because my parents bought us the buggy and my sister the cot. :)

The buggy did go backwards and forwards between England and the Phils once or twice though, so needed to be lightweight.

It was funny when we first took him out in it in the village his mum is from though, (we lived there from when he was 3 months to 7 months) as I don't think most of the locals had ever seen such a gadget. :Erm: :D

malditako
7th April 2011, 16:08
buggy is not popular in phils as it is here in the uk as mothers in phils can get help anytime from members of family if they need to go out...u would hardly seen baby in the mall or in the street with their mum...

gWaPito
7th April 2011, 16:15
buggy is not popular in phils as it is here in the uk as mothers in phils can get help anytime from members of family if they need to go out...u would hardly seen baby in the mall or in the street with their mum...

I don't think the mum wd the buggy wld be popular wd the tricycles and jeepney's either :icon_lol:
The prehistoric transport system sucks. This is why shopping malls in the Philippines are void of buggys and prams. Not because family want to carry the little mites :)

scott&ligaya
7th April 2011, 17:04

True.... in Puerto Princesa we always get funny looks when Nicole is in her buggy!!

still, she loves her buggy and we do get lots of enquiries about where to get a modern three wheeler like hers
http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i379/matusalem76/mixpictures301.jpg

one happy girl :):):)

gWaPito
7th April 2011, 18:04
i know, the cost of it all, someone somewhere is getting rich for a bit of metal and plastic :cwm24:

about a yr, then its not much good :NoNo:, well you've got the clothes and toy stages yet :icon_lol:

We got clothing up to 1 yo. Many of which was bought in Phil when she was 15 weeks only yes, we tempted fate! We thought we'd be saving money doing so. It wasn't the case. We bought better quality clothing here in Swindon at just a fraction more!.

The cotbed was half price, otherwise it was going to be an ordinary jobby.
Im spending big but, spending wisely rather, the wife is using the card wisely

scott&ligaya
7th April 2011, 18:10
Being in Swindon you have the designer outlet centre there, My wife loves baby Gap and I love Pumpkin Patch, great clothes for the little ones, at last we now have Pumpkin Patch here in Brum

Dedworth
7th April 2011, 18:28

Mug purchases - Mr Potato Head paid £1400 for "Kai's" buggy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1289544/Coleen-Rooney-splashes-1-400-pram-baby-Kai.html

grahamw48
7th April 2011, 18:28

I think it also has something to do with the condition of the pavements and roads . :icon_lol:

I had one of those frames to carry my boy on my back too, which was fine in Jeepneys....just parked him next to me still asleep in the frame. :)

Again, lots of amused looks. :D

When he was school age I had a seat for him on my bike, which I used here in England, and in the Phils.

gWaPito
7th April 2011, 18:34
Being in Swindon you have the designer outlet centre there, My wife loves baby Gap and I love Pumpkin Patch, great clothes for the little ones, at last we now have Pumpkin Patch here in Brum

Yep Pumpkin patch it is Scott :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
7th April 2011, 19:41
We got clothing up to 1 yo. Many of which was bought in Phil when she was 15 weeks only yes, we tempted fate! We thought we'd be saving money doing so. It wasn't the case. We bought better quality clothing here in Swindon at just a fraction more!.

The cotbed was half price, otherwise it was going to be an ordinary jobby.
We are spending quite alot but, spending wisely rather, the wife is using the card wisely

As for working too hard Joe. Ive worked hard all my life. I expect nothing from anybody, all I got is what ive worked for, like most of us on here.

' Working too hard' nah, I know when to slow down :)