PDA

View Full Version : if a mom aprove is this legal she 16

dnk
14th April 2007, 14:51
ok 1st off she my friend so do not think bad of me

my ? or if her mother hope for us to marry

is this legal if we marry be for she 18 she

she love me she my friend but mother think she my girl friend and hope we will marry be for she die dr say she may only have few more month to live so it big deal

and i yet to find any 1 who not rude and say hey wait you pedofile err :censored: me off when some 1 call me that like no 1 care to read why i whant to marry this girl

i suport her and her mother fully ps u can hate me but if you ware me you under stand so do not juge

[Please do not swear on a public forum - Admin]

ebony
14th April 2007, 14:59
How long have you known her? Think you should know her well first.:) :Erm:

scotsfiancee
14th April 2007, 15:51
Under Philippine law (http://www.gov.ph/faqs/marriage.asp), the legal age for marriage is 18. So it's very impossible for you to marry her. Still 2 years to come :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Come here in Gretna Green they allow u to marry in aged 16 :Rasp:

Goodluck!

andypaul
14th April 2007, 15:56
Can you explain more of your situation.

Like are you both in the uk or phil? One in the uk and one in phil?

I don't judge anyone but if you want advice it helps if we know a little more.

A 26 marrying a 16 year old is not unheard of, but you both need to think of the age difference as the expereinces gained between 16 and 26 is vast.

If its on the legal side i guess it dpeneds on the country you want to marry in, and if uk visas involved for your girlfriend i think if i remeber correctly they ask if both in the relationship are 18.

No one wants to hate anyone, just give advise and offer points of view which may help you both.

baboyako
14th April 2007, 17:25
hey my uncle got married to an 18yr year old when he way 40 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

& their daughter was at the wedding (1yr old) :NoNo:

scotts is right, 16 is ok here but the phil is different :Erm:

tiger@tigress
15th April 2007, 01:24
hey my uncle got married to an 18yr year old when he way 40 :xxgrinning--00xx3:
& their daughter was at the wedding (1yr old) :NoNo:
scotts is right, 16 is ok here but the phil is different :Erm:

Marry her in UK then :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ping
15th April 2007, 08:41
You don't tell us if you're a brit or a pinoy.When did you met this young girl and why did you support her and what kind of support you're giving to her.As what Andypaul asked you to explain your situation so that people here can give their uttest help and opinion for you but you never answer the request.The best way is to listen the advises here and read some more about Philippine culture,tradation and laws.

KeithD
15th April 2007, 08:56
Is your CAPS LOCK broken? :Erm:

A_flyer
15th April 2007, 15:15
Marry her in UK then :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I don't think she will be able to get a Fiance visa... and no chance to pass thru CFO too. She will be blocked at Immigration in the Philippines.

joebloggs
17th April 2007, 11:41
i think you have to be 18 to be able to get a spouse visa, and i've read somewhere that the gov are considering putting the age up to 21 for a spouse visa. :Erm:

tiger@tigress
17th April 2007, 14:07
i think you have to be 18 to be able to get a spouse visa, and i've read somewhere that the gov are considering putting the age up to 21 for a spouse visa. :Erm:

Oh yes i remember now ok just wait for 2 more years :D