PDA

View Full Version : Visa Approval.

alanmf1
2nd April 2011, 16:29
Dear All,
It is with great pleasure that i tell you all that Arlene was granted her Fiancee Visa late this week!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Having had our Tourist application denied last year i was apprehensive about sharing the application date with everyone.
Lyn lodged the application on 17th February so it has taken just over 5 weeks which was a very anxious time given that a few others with success recently have been in a shorter period!

I was getting anxious having been in touch with the embassy and was told that the application had been deferred for verification checks.

Any way the result is excellent and we both would like to thank the members here for their knowledge and support especially Arthur,Joebloggs & Terpe on Visa matters and also special friends
Ian,Elaine,SteveR, SteveW ,Emma,SteveC,Rohany & Doc Alan.

Lyn has already been and done her CFO seminar and just needs to return for the stamp!

Thank you all for the support.

I guess i need to book a flight now so any advice on Agencies or websites with one way deals please let me know!

And any of you with advice for Lyn's arrival feel free to share!!!!

Ps i have already been told to go and buy "the" rice cooker...grrrrrr:doh

Happy Days:Jump:

steve monty
2nd April 2011, 16:42
Congratulations Alan!! Thats great news to hear!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I can imagine you are buzzing with that news!! You are probably now counting down the days till you meet Arlene at the airport!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: At least now there are no hurdles in the way now.:Jump:

congratulations again!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
2nd April 2011, 16:55
Congratulations to you both , Alan & Arlene :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxparty-smiley-050::66:

stevie c
2nd April 2011, 17:13
thats fantastic news alan a bolt out of the blue i must say pls pass myself & florsels congratulations to arlene :Jump: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

shinx
2nd April 2011, 17:58
big congrats last time I went to Cebu I used Cathay Paciific they were excellent, quick route via Hong Kong too, check Kayak for fares...

Doc Alan
2nd April 2011, 18:05
That's great news and it's a privilege to be included among your special friends :xxgrinning--00xx3: I think everyone reading this thread will share your happiness !

Terpe
2nd April 2011, 18:16
Alan, a big big message of congrats. I am so very pleased for you. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Very sincere best wishes for a great future together. :)
Oh, and well done :)

alanmf1
2nd April 2011, 18:17
SteveM,StevieC,imagine & Doc,
Thanks for your kind wishes.
I must say that i dont think it has sunk in as yet i was getting very worried and had almost talked my self in to believing another refusal was on the cards.
Im sure many others will agree that the whole visa process in Philippines has become a very long drawn out and over complicated process not least to say expensive!!

Thanks again guys

I shall have a Pint of Black 2nite!!:party-smiley-012:

:irish::philippines:

Englishman2010
2nd April 2011, 20:04
That's fantastic news for both of you, I'm so happy and I know Elaine will be when I tell her:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
2nd April 2011, 20:32
Enjoy your pint (or pints) Alan:xxgrinning--00xx3: Elaine's asking me millions of questions now, but the main one she wants to know is when Arlene's coming over...she's very happy for both of you too:D

joebloggs
2nd April 2011, 21:29
:xxgrinning--00xx3: great news :Hellooo:

gWaPito
3rd April 2011, 00:14
SteveM,StevieC,imagine & Doc,
Thanks for your kind wishes.
I must say that i dont think it has sunk in as yet i was getting very worried and had almost talked my self in to believing another refusal was on the cards.
Im sure many others will agree that the whole visa process in Philippines has become a very long drawn out and over complicated process not least to say expensive!!

Thanks again guys

I shall have a Pint of Black 2nite!!:party-smiley-012:

:irish::philippines:

Expensive It's only just begun :D. Enjoy your pint, they will become a distant memory :D

Make the most of F1 as well, like most pinas, it bores the pants off them.

Those are the good points :icon_lol:

Joking aside, a big congratulations. Well done to you both.
At least she will be arriving at the best time of year.

alanp
3rd April 2011, 04:53
congratulations Alan and Arlene thats great news :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
3rd April 2011, 06:00
:Jump: congrats alan and yenyen! :Jump:

mikey73
3rd April 2011, 07:38
congratulations:Jump:

purple
3rd April 2011, 08:15
Hi Alan:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
Been :Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump: finally Arlene got the visa. Was even looking for the flights for her yesterday when we were talking. But she reckons leaving after the fiesta in Bohol.

alanmf1
3rd April 2011, 08:33
Thanks so much for the kind wishes everyone...........
@Ian, hopefully 1st week of May
@Rohany, yes finally such i relief.Lyn coming this way & you are going home again!PM if you found any good deals :icon_lol:

Englishman2010
3rd April 2011, 08:54
That's not too long to wait now, fantastic news:xxgrinning--00xx3:

PAT
3rd April 2011, 10:31
Congratulations...:)

keeperlit
3rd April 2011, 12:11
hi alan, congatulations,,,hope this will help you email andy@travelhouseuk.co.uk and tell him john and karen moore recomemeded him to you see if he can help you out with a deal,,,warm regards john and karen

Arthur Little
3rd April 2011, 23:27
Dear All,
It is with great pleasure that i tell you all that Arlene was granted her Fiancee Visa late this week!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

We both would like to thank the members here for their knowledge and support especially Arthur,Joebloggs & Terpe on Visa matters and also special friends
Ian,Elaine,SteveR, SteveW ,Emma,SteveC,Rohany & Doc Alan.

Lyn has already been and done her CFO seminar and just needs to return for the stamp!

Thank you all for the support.

:) Great news, Alan! Congratulations to you and Arlene ... we're ALL delighted :BouncyHappy: for you both, and wish you every happiness in the years ahead. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rosie1958
3rd April 2011, 23:32
Fantastic news for you both, many congratulations! :Jump::heartshape1::D

alanmf1
4th April 2011, 21:33
@John, Many thanks... will see what he can do!
@Arthur, certainly a big step to our new beginning!
@Rosie, Thanks for your kind wishes

jayzel
9th April 2011, 20:33
alan soo happy for you will be in touch soon john an liezel

scott&ligaya
9th April 2011, 20:53
Belated congratulations

I got a good one way fair just a week or so ago from Qatar with only a 90 minute stop over in Doha

alanmf1
9th April 2011, 21:07
Belated congratulations

I got a good one way fair just a week or so ago from Qatar with only a 90 minute stop over in Doha

Many thanks... i think i found this one!
Lyn is booked Cebu to Doha on May 10th with Qatar arrives in to Gatwick early doors on the 11th!

cant wait :Jump:

scott&ligaya
9th April 2011, 21:09
bet you cannot wait...... my wife and babies fly back on 21st into Heathrow

ybba
10th April 2011, 01:02
a BIG congratulations to you allan,:Jump: hope you can post in here the documents you and your fiancee submitted to the embassy . its a big help for those who are about to lodge thier apllication soon including me.i had been denied for a tourist visa last year too and it was like a nightmare. but now you got it its so inspiring to hear another succesful apllication cheers!

stevewool
10th April 2011, 08:12
wow , great news there, just got back from holiday and we are so pleased for you both flights booked, rice cooker ordered, what else is there to say,just enjoy the moment and bring some hankies to the airport:)

alanmf1
10th April 2011, 14:03
@Steve & Emma,
Hope you had a great holiday and many thanks for the kind wishes:xxgrinning--00xx3:

timbo
11th April 2011, 15:15
Congratulations!!!!!! Be sure to buy a decent Rice cooker - It will get a hammering!!!!

alanmf1
24th April 2011, 11:52
Thanks to all 4 the kind wishes & advice:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
24th April 2011, 12:20
well alan just to tell you this what happened to me when emma arrived, landed around 3/4 pm saturday this was july so summertime, got her home and she was was tied, so i told her to go to bed for a few hours, anyway i woke her around 8.30 and what did suprize her was the daylight, she could not beleive it was light till around 10pm, emma thought it was the next day, funny the things we take for granted

alanmf1
24th April 2011, 12:27
well alan just to tell you this what happened to me when emma arrived, landed around 3/4 pm saturday this was july so summertime, got her home and she was was tied, so i told her to go to bed for a few hours, anyway i woke her around 8.30 and what did suprize her was the daylight, she could not beleive it was light till around 10pm, emma thought it was the next day, funny the things we take for granted

Indeed mate it is!!!!
Lyn lands early morning....
Just hoping the weather lasts and we have a wonderful summer!

I am really looking forward to spending time in the Uk & weekends away visiting places i always wanted to!
I have had 20 + years of world travel but never spent any time looking on my own doorstep:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
24th April 2011, 12:33
............I am really looking forward to spending time in the Uk & weekends away visiting places i always wanted to!
I have had 20 + years of world travel but never spent any time looking on my own doorstep:xxgrinning--00xx3:

My situation was quite similar. I can tell you it's going to be great for you both to discover what a beautiful, interesting and fantastic place this small island of ours really is.
Happy days ahead.

alanmf1
24th April 2011, 12:44
My situation was quite similar. I can tell you it's going to be great for you both to discover what a beautiful, interesting and fantastic place this small island of ours really is.
Happy days ahead.

Its quite amazing Terpe how time moves on so quickly!Having been involved on the travelling side of f1 i was away on up to 30 trips a year.
I count myself fortunate to have seen so many wonderful places in so many great countries and cultures..
But a weekend in the cotswolds or the lake district, visting cornwall or the Isle of Man, Scottish Highlands, Welsh forests, Norfolk broads the list is endless.....................Hmmm

somebody
24th April 2011, 13:59
Its quite amazing Terpe how time moves on so quickly!Having been involved on the travelling side of f1 i was away on up to 30 trips a year.
I count myself fortunate to have seen so many wonderful places in so many great countries and cultures..
But a weekend in the cotswolds or the lake district, visting cornwall or the Isle of Man, Scottish Highlands, Welsh forests, Norfolk broads the list is endless.....................Hmmm

Congrats and well done to you both :)

Sadly for the first few years it wil be easier to stick to the UK as to travel out side of the UK or PHill you will need to seek a Visa for your Mahal for most destinations. But thats no bad things like you say so many wonderful places in the Uk and exploring them with a person who will find them all totally allien and different to what they have experienced before hand will make them all the more exciting :)

stevewool
24th April 2011, 20:27
you know most about england the places to go to, but you never go, but sharing the places with someone that will be intrested will make it much better for you too,it made me more proud of being english to show emma the beautiful places that are on our doorstep, living in derbyshire i must admit is one of the best places in england too