PDA

View Full Version : Time for Britain to free itself from the EU

gWaPito
27th March 2011, 01:39
Despite the pro Brussels propaganda that dominates much of the media the British public knows its been sold down the river.

Britain's annual membership contribution is set to rise 17% to almost 9 billion pounds.

That does not even include the cost of bailouts to Greece, Ireland and Portugal.

There is also a warning frm Brussels that when the former communist state Croatia is allowed to join the bandwagon in 2013, they will impose a further annual tax bill of 200 million pounds a year.

We are being bled dry by the Brussels machine. Bailout after bailout, subscription increase after subscription increase, regulation after regulation is impoverishing our country.

The time has come for the Goverment to stop signing cheques and instead expose Brussels to the full extent of the anger felt by us, the British people. :cwm23:

Gratitude to the Daily Express

grahamw48
27th March 2011, 02:08
Agreed.

As feared by those of us who voted 'no', a Federation in all but name. :NoNo:

gWaPito
27th March 2011, 04:25
Agreed.

I'll hazard a guess many are thinking, what's this got to do with the forum. I will put it to you, it has much to do with the forum.

The additional money we are doling out each year bailing out, propping up other countries could pay for extra flights to The Philippines, perhaps Englishman cld of spent the additional money on a quality airline as opposed to spending 18 hours bedding down with the locals.

Steve may have kept his blade. The list goes on.

keithAngel
27th March 2011, 06:31
Although I also was a no supporter all those years ago I think its probably far to late now to extricate ourselves without even more suffering I also like the flexibilty my treaty rights give me to live in one place and work in another:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
27th March 2011, 08:27
We are being bled dry by the Brussels machine. Bailout after bailout, subscription increase after subscription increase, regulation after regulation is impoverishing our country.

The time has come for the Goverment to stop signing cheques and instead expose Brussels to the full extent of the anger felt by us, the British people. :cwm23:

... (E)U (k)now ... you're right ... :iagree:!

Englishman2010
27th March 2011, 08:39
perhaps Englishman cld of spent the additional money on a quality airline as opposed to spending 18 hours bedding down with the locals.

Steve may have kept his blade. The list goes on.

Cheers for the thought Gwap:xxgrinning--00xx3: As it happens, I managed to switch to Cathay Pacific and a 55 minute wait in Honkers for no extra cost, so it turned out well for me.:D

Like many Brits, I read the news and am sometimes dismayed by the strange laws that are imposed on us by Europe. I'm not really sure what the benefits of Euro membership are for us, but there must be some otherwise, politicians from all sides would be campaigning to get us out. The fact that both Labour and Tory Gov'ts have kept us in Europe, there must be a good reason for us to belong. What that reason is I don't know.

In truth, I'm on the fence on this one, I need to see the arguments for both sides (without the sensationalism of the press).

Steve.r
27th March 2011, 09:45
Yes, I have an empty garage now where my pride and joy was. The same sentiment could well be used when looking at the Uk. Great Britain lost the 'Great' years ago imo, Euro this Euro that ... Brussels dictatiing. I really dont know what 'real' benefits we have. I just want to leave as soon as I can.

joebloggs
27th March 2011, 09:46
I also like the flexibilty my treaty rights give me to live in one place and work in another:xxgrinning--00xx3:

i didn't know the phils was in the EU Keith :rolleyes:

switzerland and norway are not members of the EU, I dont see them queuing to join.. :Erm:

KeithD
27th March 2011, 09:57
The United States of Europe - President Gordon Brown :omg:

mickcant
27th March 2011, 10:31
Agreed.

I also voted "NO"

Mick.:doh

KeithD
27th March 2011, 10:58
....a Federation in all but name. ...

Oh goody ... :Jump: .... When do with start building the USS Enterprise? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
27th March 2011, 18:48
The United States of Europe - President Gordon Brown :omg:

The same Gordon Brown who forced 7 business class passengers, including a 7 month pregnant woman into economy thus 7 economy passengers had to make last minute arrangements.

The right honourable Gordon Brown :laugher:
In the words of loveable rouge, slim shady,
Please stand up, please stand up

grahamw48
27th March 2011, 19:41
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1370343/Pregnant-woman-told-seat-Gordon-Brown-fly-BA-Club-Class.html :NoNo:

The same t**t who presided over our country's unfolding bankruptcy ? :angry:

mickcant
27th March 2011, 20:06
It certinly smells bad:Erm:
Mick.:)

joebloggs
27th March 2011, 20:19
it gets even better, anyone with 300,000 euros can come thru Bulgaria and not even live there :D

http://www.key2europe.com/en/Acquire-EU-citizenship-and-permanent-residency

keithAngel
27th March 2011, 20:33
512,000euros thats the sort of people we want:omg:

joebloggs
27th March 2011, 20:58
512,000euros thats the sort of people we want:omg:

nah Keith the British gov want these people

Those who invest £5 million will be allowed to settle here after 3 years, and those investing £10 million or more will be allowed to settle after 2 years. This compares with the current minimum 5-year requirement.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2011/march/39-entrepreneurs-investors

but i think you have to be in the uk, the bulgarian one says a special deal of 300,000 euros and you dont need to even live there :rolleyes:

market forces for you. i wonder where gaddafi will go :Erm:

gWaPito
27th March 2011, 21:00
it gets even better, anyone with 300,000 euros can come thru Bulgaria and not even live there :D

http://www.key2europe.com/en/Acquire-EU-citizenship-and-permanent-residency

I'd keep that quiet, it may give Gaddafi ideas.
Nb
I expect Blair would take him under his wing. Probably put put him up in his Belgravia gaff. Close buddys by all accounts

grahamw48
28th March 2011, 00:10
Only $75,000 in the Phils....and the women are better looking. :)