PDA

View Full Version : Whats Singapore Airlines like

somebody
26th March 2011, 20:35
In a week or two i really should remeber the day we fly it could be bad if we get the wrong day:D

The better half and I are flying Singapore airlines always heard good things but what they like on handluggage and laptop bags etc. I know Singapore airport is one of the best you can find anyone stayed at the tranist hotels there?

Englishman2010
26th March 2011, 20:44
I've been to Singapore a few times, it's a great clean and very modern city, I like it there, but it's a bit too clinical and sterile for me, two or 3 days there is enough. It's also very expensive, which is componded with the current exchange rates of 2SGD to 1GBP.

I've always flown to Sing with Emirates or BA, but like yourself I've heard very, very good things about Singapore Airlines and Cathay Pacific too, most people rank them as two of the best Airlines around.

Have a great time in Sing, and on your onward jorney to the Phil's (if that's where your ultimately heading?)

KeithD
26th March 2011, 21:14
SIA is a fantastic airline, never had a problema dn enjoyed every flight with them. Just make sure your baggage isn't over, as with most airlines.

Give the flight attendants a box of Roses and you'll get a good bag off them :D ... I got playing cards, pens, and a bottle of Champers once :xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
26th March 2011, 22:49
Thanks chaps yeah will make sure the baggae is not over but hoping they ok with the handluggage suitcase and small laptop bag combo which they state like all airlines do on there website you can take but dont always actuall like when in the airport :rolleyes:

Just a quick stopover in sing this time and full speed ahead to Pinas.

Will have to have a look in duty free for some chocs :)

Englishman2010
26th March 2011, 22:56
Will have to have a look in duty free for some chocs :)

Buy them here from M&S or Thorntons and take them with you, Sing is far more expensive than the UK

RickyR
28th March 2011, 00:17
Agreed, Singapore airlines are pretty good. Only annoying bit is the stopover in Davao on the Cebu-Singapore legs.