PDA

View Full Version : texting the philippines

bornatbirth
12th April 2007, 18:24
i know all filipinos love to text!

but whats the cheapest way to phone and text her mobile to mobile?

KeithD
12th April 2007, 18:49
I use Skype, it's 5p

fred
12th April 2007, 19:01
5p?? Has it gone up?:omg:
The last text we sent cost 20p I think.:NoNo:
Telephone landline to mobile calls still 10p.
We use yahoo messenger webcam and microphone whenever possible because you cant beat FREE!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

baboyako
12th April 2007, 19:21
install yahoo or google chat on your phone.

you can google chat to a chikka account also.

KeithD
12th April 2007, 19:30
You still have to pay to access the internet! :Erm:

bornatbirth
12th April 2007, 20:06
i already use yahoo but u know the girls cant resist texting and on my pay as go its not cheap!!!!!!!

what about these cards http://www.pinoycards.co.uk

i will look into skype

andypaul
12th April 2007, 20:28
If you look around you can use either gprs, 3g or wlan on certain phones for yahoo,msn and all the other major messagner services. There are several free services such as hier and eqo for various platforms. There are also ones you can pay and then download such as im+.

I have just done a search and seen a im software called yehba which is free, but we have just started to look at how much Gprs-3g costs in phill as the
websites don't seem to tell us much.

On most of the brit networks you can pay a certain amount for data usage.

For example we use wlan in house which is of course free, and gprs outside which costs a set amount a month. Someone in phill can text or email my wife wherever she is.

Others i know get a blackberry account which can be used on some other phones (nokia smartphones for example) other than the blackberry type if you install the correct software. And send emails back and forth.

This can be useful when your a work in the uk and want to speak to loved ones in phill who are at home or the net cafe in the evening.

scotsfiancee
12th April 2007, 20:52
i already use yahoo but u know the girls cant resist texting and on my pay as go its not cheap!!!!!!!

what about these cards http://www.pinoycards.co.uk

i will look into skype

Its better you will take simcard from phils like GLOBE/SMART and activate the roaming service. It will only cost 1 peso for her to text you and she knows about that.

And reply her thru ur UK mobile,and O2 network is only 10p to text in Phils.

andypaul
12th April 2007, 21:01
Its better you will take simcard from phils like GLOBE/SMART and activate the roaming service. It will only cost 1 peso for her to text you and she knows about that.

And reply her thru ur UK mobile,and O2 network is only 10p to text in Phils.

You can get globe/smart sim cards in the uk from phill food shops and quite often at the fiestas globe/smart will have a stand where you pay about 4 pounds get a load of freebies and a sim which is activated after a few days.

empott
12th April 2007, 22:25
I have just done a search and seen a im software called yehba which is free, but we have just started to look at how much Gprs-3g costs in phill as the
websites don't seem to tell us much.

With Smart 3G, its PhP10 per 30 mins.

bornatbirth
12th April 2007, 22:25
i can use the globe/smart card on my phone here in the uk.surely this is the cheapest and easiest way?
i know texting me there is only 1 peso for her and texting me here is 30 peso,which is odd way its so cheap?she will only get withdraw symptoms if she cant talk to me or text me everyday.

baboyako
12th April 2007, 23:12
it is cheaper for you to text from your uk phone. & her to send to your roaming phone.

calling,- the best way is to use an 0871 number i think :xxgrinning--00xx3:

really it gets to a stage where saving an extra penny/peso becomes to much hassle :cwm3:

andypaul
13th April 2007, 18:34
With Smart 3G, its PhP10 per 30 mins.

Wow so an hours yahoo chat is 20p i think the missus will be sending instructions for lill bro n sis to get connected!

Mich
14th April 2007, 02:51
hey guys, i recently discovered this. try it sometimes, it might be better than the other services u use to communicate with your loved ones back here in the philippines. i will definitely try this one once i have my phone back from the cellphone repair shop.

keith am i allowed to post this kind of thing???? :Erm: :Erm: :Erm:

hope this will a great help to u guys!

What is Voice Email?

This revolutionary service gives you the capability to send a VoiceTxt message from your mobile phone to any email address in the world. It’s like talking to your family and friends!
But wait! There’s more! Voice Email also allows you to receive email messages in the form of text from people that you’ve sent VoiceTxt messages to! All they need to do is reply to your VoiceTxt message like any other email message.

Will I be charged for this service?

To keep the service going, of course we need to charge you a little something-something. But don’t worry, it’s just P2.50 for every successfully sent VoiceTxt message. That’s a price that’s hard to beat!

How do I send a Voice Email?

Register - Before you can send a VoiceTxt to any email address, you have to register your recipient’s email address first. Send ADD <contacts email address> to 8990. You can register up to 10 different email addresses
Get assigned voicetxt number - After registering your friend’s email address, you will receive a unique VoiceTxt number to call. You will use that number to send a VoiceTxt to your friend’s email.
Send - Call the assigned VoiceTxt number. Follow the instructions of the voice prompt, then record your message. Your friend will receive your heart-felt message after you end the call.
How can they listen to my Voicetxt message?

Your recipient will get an email from <your number>@voicetxt.net. Inside that email is a link. Once they make clicky on the linky, your VoiceTxt message will play.

Can they reply to my message?

Yes. All they need to do is hit the reply button, where they will send an email to <your number>@voicetxt.net.
Once they’ve sent the message, you will get a message that says, “You have a msg frm <email address>. Txt YES to 8990 if u want to read it. Txt NO if u want to block.”
If you want to read the message, just reply YES, and you will then get their message via text. After that, all other emails from that recipient will be sent directly to your phone. You will be charged P2.50 for each message you receive, so tell your friend to keep their message short! If the email message exceeds the equivalent 3-part SMS message, the exceeding characters will be cut and not sent.
On the other hand, if you do not want to read the message, just text NO to 8990. Once you do this, though, you will no longer receive any message from that recipient.
Reply messages are charged P2.50

What other commands can I use for this service?

LIST – by sending this to 8990, you can access the list of email addresses that you have registered, along with their specially-assigned VoiceTxt numbers.
REG <username> - you can use this to get your own username and email address at mailko.com. This email service is free.
HELP – you can send this keyword to 8990 if you’re having trouble using Voice Email.
All transactions will be charged P2.50.