PDA

View Full Version : May flight sales

worthingmale
25th March 2011, 22:12
Hi

Anybody know if any flight sales in May please ?

cheers

Nigel

Englishman2010
25th March 2011, 22:16
Whatever you do, don't book with Saudi. Even if they were free, I'd rather cover myself in tar and feathers, jump in the air and flap my arms than book with them again:cwm23:

I've always been impressed with netflights.com and have booked many times with them. They've also got me a real result today:xxgrinning--00xx3:

steve monty
25th March 2011, 22:32
Whatever you do, don't book with Saudi. Even if they were free, I'd rather cover myself in tar and feathers, jump in the air and flap my arms than book with them again:cwm23:

:laugher: :laugher: :laugher:

You not recommend saudi Ian?? :Cuckoo:

At least it worked out in the end!!

Worthingmale, I don't think there are many sales on, I remember seeing offers by email just after christmas with Malaysia airlines and Cathay Pacific for that time in May. Have a look on their websites and maybe they have held that flight price. But usually flight brokers buy these flights in bulk at that time and thats why some companies look cheaper than the airline itself at a later time! Netflights is good and gives you an idea what is on offer. I use a flight broker ezeeflights in the past and they have sometimes been able to offer decent deals.

kester
26th March 2011, 22:33
it is that shall i book now or book later conundrum ,i booked early this year for august at 660 manchester-cebu with Qatar.

but now i keep risking irritating myself by checking the prices expecting to see big sales but so far so good

Paul

Englishman2010
26th March 2011, 22:52
Hi Paul, we've all been there, wondering if we've booked too soon and paid too much. My opinion is that it's always better to book in advance, if you were happy with the price at the time of booking, why worry if it's £100 cheaper 2 months down the road? The chances are that if you don't book and leave it a few months, it will probably be £200 dearer. Better to be safe than sorry:xxgrinning--00xx3:

FWIW, £660 with Qatar from Manchester is par for the course. It's very rare you'll find anything from a regional airport for less than £600. I usually go from Brum with KLM or Emirates and expect to pay between £600 and £650. I flew with Qatar a few years ago, they were OK, Doha isn't the biggest airport in the world, but it's clean and modern.

There are cheaper deals from LHR with Saudi and others, but I've found out from recent experience that cheapest isn't always best.

Dedworth
26th March 2011, 23:43
Hi

Anybody know if any flight sales in May please ?

cheers

Nigel

Have a look at Cathay http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_GB/offerspromotions/offerslanding?refID=ede84663d0f79210VgnVCM62000007d21c39____&WAcampid=LON_OFFERS_ASIAEYCLPROMOMAR11&cm_sp=GB-_-SALES-_-ASIAEYCLPROMOMAR11&WAemail=SALES#calendar

keeperlit
27th March 2011, 15:03
hi nigel talk to andy@travelhouseuk.co.uk,,,,we leave for manila on the 6th may for 6 weeks,,,although we are flying with saudi airlines,,,,,tell him you are friends of john and karen moore from belfast,,,,our other filipino friends have got good deals from him

keeperlit
27th March 2011, 15:05
forgot to say one of our friends is flying with malaysian airlines and she said no one could match his price,,,

worthingmale
27th March 2011, 16:30
Hi Keeperlit

that is the same day I am looking at flying out, cheers for the address will email immeditately

tahnks everybody for their input

nigel:)

keeperlit
30th March 2011, 22:17
hi nigel just wondering how you got on with andy,,,at travelhouse,,ie did you get a flight deal from him

worthingmale
2nd April 2011, 09:47
Hi Keeperlit

The Cathay Pacific was only about £50 mor expensive and a shorter flight time, Andy did try for me, but am using the Cathay Sales section.

Cheers though

Nigel

keeperlit
2nd April 2011, 10:52
no probs nigel glad you got sorted out ,,,we are counting down the days now ,,,,enjoy your trip

john and karen