PDA

View Full Version : Woman clumps driving examiner after he refuses her bribe

Dedworth
24th March 2011, 21:32
Failing your driving test repeatedly can be extremely embarrassing but few learners would resort to bribery or violence to ensure they passed the exam.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1369505/Learner-driver-Jin-Su-tried-bribe-examiner-attacked-declined.html#ixzz1HYEWdsO8

Englishman2010
24th March 2011, 23:15
It's good to know that some public servants have high moral standards and aren't open to bribery or corruption (unlike some of our MP's) - Well done Mr Ashcroft :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I hope she received an appropriate punishment and was struck off the Teaching Register for her actions.

Arthur Little
25th March 2011, 01:56
It's good to know that some public servants have high moral standards and aren't open to bribery or corruption (unlike some of our MP's) - Well done Mr Ashcroft :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:gp:, Ian ... well said! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
25th March 2011, 02:09
I hope she received an appropriate punishment for her actions.

:) She did ... a 50-hrs CSO - and ordered to pay the Driving Examiner £100 compensation - without the need to "Sue" :D her for the assault. :NoNo:

joebloggs
25th March 2011, 05:59
:xxgrinning--00xx3: yes some people can't be bought, well done to the driving examiner, the CPS and the judge :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
25th March 2011, 15:10
I was 'helping' my son with his theory test the other night...waste of time.

I'd have no chance with that these days.:NoNo:

Have any of you seen what they need to know now ?

It will almost qualify you to be a paramedic too !

My only question is.....so why is the standard of driving on our roads just as appalling ? :rolleyes:

Dedworth
25th March 2011, 16:28
I should have clumped the bumptious old git who failed me when I was 17

Dedworth
25th March 2011, 16:29
My only question is.....so why is the standard of driving on our roads just as appalling ? :rolleyes:

Maybe uninsured drivers have something to do with it

grahamw48
25th March 2011, 16:50
True, and they probably never took a test anyway. :rolleyes:

5 years hard labour would stop them laughing their way out of court and back into their next twoc'ed car.:cwm23:

FertileOne
26th March 2011, 19:27

Appalling? In contrast to what countries? From the countries I've been to, the UK has one of the best standards of driving, including in their ability.

For instance, a country like Jamaica (many 3rd world countries I've been to are somewhat similar), has bad roads (lots of pot holes etc.) and maniac drivers, who overtake almost hitting on-coming traffic, and do whatever they please. The drivers are good in the sense they don't crash their cars. But bad in the sense they break rules.

Then over to the US. Okay, they don't drive like maniacs (except on those traffic cops TV shows). But they have massive straight roads, automatic cars, even a 5 year old could drive there.

With the UK, especially driving in built up places like London, requires another level of skill due to driving manual cars, lots of winding/spaghetti like narrow-roads, lots of congestion prompting you to drive down back roads, complex layers of traffic rules (red routes, parking restrictions, bus lanes, speed cameras), one needs to know these like the back of their hand to get from A to B in efficient time.

We also have one of the lowest fatality rates on our roads. I think only Ireland is safer.