PDA

View Full Version : Trough feeder loses appeal

Dedworth
23rd March 2011, 17:18
Former Labour MP David Chaytor has had his appeal against the length of his sentence for fiddling his parliamentary expenses thrown out.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1369116/Judge-slams-expenses-cheat-MP-David-Chaytor-appeal-sentence-reduced-fails.html#ixzz1HRM5ekJb

gWaPito
23rd March 2011, 17:27
He was sent down for thievery, well done that judge for standing firm :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
23rd March 2011, 17:30
He was sent down for thievery, well done that judge for standing firm :xxgrinning--00xx3:

some crimes which are committed are far worse and get less of a prison sentence :Erm:

Dedworth
23rd March 2011, 17:32
some crimes which are committed are far worse and get less of a prison sentence :Erm:

Yes but these grubs are supposed to be "honourable" having been elected to serve the public

gWaPito
23rd March 2011, 17:45
In other words, these bent elected servers of the people knew better than us lowly mortals.

I agree Bornabirth, many of the general public get far lighter sentences for the same reason I have given above.

Arthur Little
23rd March 2011, 19:47

:gp: ... in my line of work, I used to see this happening all the time. For example, a youth who beats a defenceless :oldlady: within an inch of her life - for the sake of running off with her purse - might have a custodial sentence deferred ... or [at worst] serve 6 months in a Young Offenders' Institution :rolleyes: - whereas, someone found guilty of Fraud could be jailed for up to five years.

But ... :iagree: with Dedworth, that Chaytor ("Cheater" would've been more appropriate!) wilfully abused his position of trust as a Member of Parliament. And therein lies the difference! For this very reason, therefore, it is right and proper that nothing less than the full force of the law be meted out as a consequence of his actions. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
23rd March 2011, 21:43
Does he have to pay back the money he defrauded the British public out of too?

Dedworth
23rd March 2011, 22:08
Does he have to pay back the money he defrauded the British public out of too?

Good point these leeches should be subject to seizure of assets, Proceeds of Crime Act etc etc

Lord Taylor will soon be in HMP Wandsworth :D

Ako Si Jamie
30th May 2011, 21:55
Grub now released from prison :rolleyes::NoNo:

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1421916_freed-from-prison-former-mp-david-chaytor-served-6-months-of-his-18-month-sentence-for-false-expenses-claims