PDA

View Full Version : Death for Singaporean single mother for drug trafficking

Dedworth
22nd March 2011, 19:31
As a "legal assistant" you would have thought she would have known better

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/death-singaporean-single-mother-drug-trafficking-20110317-215320-692.html

SHAH ALAM, March 18 (Bernama) -- The Shah Alam High Court today sentenced a Singaporean single mother to death for trafficking in drugs at the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT), two years ago.

bornatbirth
22nd March 2011, 20:27
did she buy them from john terry's dad :Erm:

keithAngel
22nd March 2011, 20:35
Had a look at the link in the first page of comments 3 out of 20 supported the idea that killing a single mother was a good idea here is a part of a supporting post

"Malaysian and Singaporean government has done this a very very very good policy - Death penalty for all trafficking. All other world should learn Malaysian and Singaporean law.

A beautiful and normal human, after involved in drugs. He/she will look like an animal or worst than animals. So, I personally strongly believe that Malaysian and Singaporean Government has done the very good things for this.

For the drug Mafia, these are the rubbish and parasit of all mankind, these people must be destroy as well. When you read news thru media. these mafia very worst than the animals. Just because the monies? and they do this?

Western Government too linear about the drugs. In Holland, drug are legalised. My God, AMSTERDAM is the hell in the human world and is the most devil place on Earth. This city should be BOMB by Atomic. The Government of Holland is equally animal to those of the drugs related people. How can allow all these things to happen. The whole world should punish Holland. Amsterdam is the devil, sin and maniac place on Earth. All criminal, murderer, rapers, and sin people can be accepted there. :Erm:

bornatbirth
22nd March 2011, 20:41
and those comments was just dedworths :icon_lol:

Dedworth
22nd March 2011, 20:44

:laugher:

Englishman2010
22nd March 2011, 21:07
A third of a kilo of smack, she must have been a mule? If that was the case, now that she has been given a death sentence I hope she grasses up the Mr Big who gave her the drugs.
It's a very harsh sentence, but most people know what the consequences are for drug trafficking in Singapore or Malaysia. I don't feel a great deal of sympathy for anyone who traffics drugs, but I do feel sympathy for her 6 year old daughter. As she was working as a Legal assistant, I'd be interested to know what circumstances drove her to this?

KeithD
22nd March 2011, 22:21
did she buy them from john terry's dad :Erm:

You are of course talking about any person called John Terry who could live in any country ;)

bornatbirth
22nd March 2011, 22:37
You are of course talking about any person called John Terry who could live in any country ;)

Of course, john terry is a very common name :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
23rd March 2011, 01:45
It would certainly tidy things up a bit if this policy was adopted worldwide. :)

Just make sure you pack your own bag.

Dedworth
23rd March 2011, 01:53
It would certainly tidy things up a bit if this policy was adopted worldwide. :)

Just make sure you pack your own bag.

Not a hope in hell with the hand wringing liberal inteligensia here I'm afraid. Malaysia & Singapore are at the forefront of sanctions for illegal immigration - Corporal Punishment - no bogus students or sham marriages in that part of the world :D

Tawi2
23rd March 2011, 10:12
In Holland, drug are legalised
I think whoever posted this comment needs to do a little more research:)

she must have been a mule?
Probably was,but certainly not working for a gang with the amount she carried,several pinays were caught recently in China carrying powder,and a pinay was caught last year in Peru,pinays used to be recruited in Hong Kong by West Africans :NoNo:

Tawi2
23rd March 2011, 13:04
several pinays were caught recently in China carrying powder

http://www.bworldonline.com/content.php?title=China%20to%20execute%203%20Filipino%20drug%20mules%20on%20March%2030%20&id=28486

gWaPito
23rd March 2011, 15:38
All very well showing support for the mother of a six yo.
How about the showing of support for the multitude of hapless victims had the evil she was peddling got through?

The sentence is right and correct. If only the rest adopted such intolerance there would be less misery.

stevie c
23rd March 2011, 16:26

:hubbahubba: :laugher:

tuft249
24th March 2011, 21:47
all drugs should be legalised , waste of time arresting traffickers just for someone else to take their place.people can be addicted to alcohol, gambling etc. cant ban it just for them. same with banned drugs. prices would fall & so would the crime rate to fund addiction. the fact the women went there knowing the sentence would be death just shows its no deterent.
if alcohol was invented today it to would be banned. weatherspoons & philip morris are two drug traffickers that will never face prosecution.nothing evil grows from the ground.

imagine
24th March 2011, 22:17
legalised or not to leagalise that is the question, pros and cons,
most of the damage done to the user is from the poisons mixed with the drug,
which wouldnt happen if leagalised,
a bit like wine with antifreese, compare alchohol to methelated spirits,
clean drugs wont do so much damage, im not saying all drugs should be legalised,
if they were it would be a good income for the tax man, a big saving on national health also savings on drug control, policing,customs ect,and more,
previously cannabis was for a short time lowered in its class,but returned to its original class , due to the interferance in its genetics,making it a more dangerous drug,in its natural form it is a herb not man made or altered, and is good for you as a relaxent,possibly anti depresant and pain killer, its natural and i do believe god put these herbs here to be used as our medicines,you can eat it, you dont have to unaturaly smoke it, there are much more harmfull chemical (man made)drugs on prescription,
what i do strongly condem are the drug pushers, more so of those who push to children

Dedworth
24th March 2011, 22:22
nothing evil grows from the ground.

:crazy:

I think to Poppies into Heroin Terry Taliban has to run them through a fair number of chemical processes

grahamw48
24th March 2011, 22:35
Howabout just banning ALL mind-altering **** ?

If you can't get through life without such drugs then you are a pathetic human being.

The problem is, the weak and innocent are being preyed upon by the selfish greedy scum of society.

A proper deterrent IS needed to protect our children.

Death sentence is fine by me.

All the pot-smoking saddos need a smack round the ear.

Alcohol consumption has become a blight on our young ones too, and is costing the NHS a fortune.

If the pissed up idiots were charged for their transport and treatment it might concentrate their stupid drunken minds, and allow our health workers to get on with the jobs they're paid out of my taxes to do. :cwm23:

Doc Alan
24th March 2011, 23:59
This has been discussed in detail on the forum in the past year ( my thread "Another Great Deception ... ban Recreational Drugs ; and Dedworth's thread "Bungling Bob Ainsworth wants drugs legalized" ) - use the search function.
For 35 years I was one of the "health workers who got on with the job I was paid out of your taxes to do".
However, our purpose is to make people better and not be judgemental. It is an impossible dream for our work to consist only in treating those who are ill , or have an accident, through no fault of their own. Your taxes pay for us to do our very best, regardless of whether the treatment is needed for abuse of drugs, alcohol, smoking, or the consequences of obesity. The common serious diseases which we are paid to treat are cancers and heart disease - both largely preventable in theory by healthy lifestyle.
I give free advice on this forum about health, but I'm careful not to judge others less fortunate in health than me.

joebloggs
25th March 2011, 05:44
I give free advice on this forum about health, but I'm careful not to judge others less fortunate in health than me.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ever the pro doc Alan :icon_sorry:

you don't know all the facts and have not walked in their shoes to make a judgement :NoNo: but Graham your right is life that bad you need to take drink or drugs to escape :NoNo:

keithAngel
25th March 2011, 08:52
On one hand we are all chemical processing plants Joe everything we take in alters the way we percieve ourselves and the world at large

From coffee in the morning to old ladies enjoying their nutmeg and poppy seed cake to the depressed on prozac

The issue is where the state draws the line at deciding for us what is "legal" and the crazy paradoxes this creats If social inadequacy were the benchmark most of the population would be in jail.

Give the junkies there means of escape (if thats how you see it)and get them off our backs if they want to kill themselves its their own business no reason they should have the need to rob us to afford the product which costs penny,s nor to creat a criminal class with huge resources Who is protecting whome?:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
25th March 2011, 09:06
On one hand we are all chemical processing plants Joe everything we take in alters the way we percieve ourselves and the world at large

From coffee in the morning to old ladies enjoying their nutmeg and poppy seed cake to the depressed on prozac

The issue is where the state draws the line at deciding for us what is "legal" and the crazy paradoxes this creats If social inadequacy were the benchmark most of the population would be in jail.

Give the junkies there means of escape (if thats how you see it)and get them off our backs if they want to kill themselves its their own business no reason they should have the need to rob us to afford the product which costs penny,s nor to creat a criminal class with huge resources Who is protecting whome?:xxgrinning--00xx3:

your right Keith, but i don't recall ever reading about a mother who had been dead more than 2 days with her young baby clinging to her after accidentally overdosing on caffeine from cola , but someone my younger knew had died that way on heroin:NoNo:.

caffeine and crack can not be compared :NoNo:

Dedworth
25th March 2011, 09:15
your right Keith, but i don't recall ever reading about a mother who had been dead more than 2 days with her young baby clinging to her after accidentally overdosing on caffeine from cola , but someone my younger knew had died that way on heroin:NoNo:.

caffeine and crack can not be compared :NoNo:

Wrong in the blinkered, cosy world of the leftie/liberal intelligentsia they are comparable. They need issues like this to wring their hands over.

grahamw48
25th March 2011, 11:30
It's fine saying let them have the drugs and kill themselves.

These youngsters are someone's children ! :cwm23:

There are many good kids who've been drawn into hard drugs/thieving/prostitution.

Would making cigarettes free lower the rate of lung cancer ? :Erm:

joebloggs
25th March 2011, 12:05
It's fine saying let them have the drugs and kill themselves.

These youngsters are someone's children ! :cwm23:

There are many good kids who've been drawn into hard drugs/thieving/prostitution.

Would making cigarettes free lower the rate of lung cancer ? :Erm:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:
peer pressure, curiosity, just once can :censored: your life up :cwm24:

keithAngel
25th March 2011, 17:55
Its about education not retoric and hyperbol guys if it wasnt all so good/bad but properly regulated we wouldnt have these kind of discussions

Hands up who wants ciggerettes and alchohol banned are they better than hash or acid ? how do you know wasnt long ago the chief scientist for the government was pushed out for not following the party line prefering actual science to lies and half truth:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
25th March 2011, 17:59
due to the interferance in its genetics
Genetically modified cannabis is an urban myth,thats a fact,its not genetically modified in any way shape nor form.What has improved are breeding and processing methods.Check out sativex(a play on Sativa methinks)from GW Pharmaceuticals.

I think to Poppies into Heroin Terry Taliban has to run them through a fair number of chemical processes
Correct,papiverum somniferum is "scored"the weeping sap collected and the balls of pure opium are "processed".

if alcohol was invented today it to would be banned. weatherspoons & philip morris are two drug traffickers that will never face prosecution.
100% true:xxgrinning--00xx3:

.nothing evil grows from the ground
Except brussel sprouts;)

gWaPito
25th March 2011, 22:27
Its about education not retoric and hyperbol guys if it wasnt all so good/bad but properly regulated we wouldnt have these kind of discussions

Hands up who wants ciggerettes and alchohol banned are they better than hash or acid ? how do you know wasnt long ago the chief scientist for the government was pushed out for not following the party line prefering actual science to lies and half truth:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Honestly Keith, you can't be serious?

All I can say is, you never had kids.

keithAngel
26th March 2011, 05:03
Honestly Keith, you can't be serious?

All I can say is, you never had kids.

Gwap Ive got six all grown up oldest in the Met
and they were educated to make properly informed desisions on "risk" not exhorted to toe some rule based on my uninformed fear that leaves you far more vunerable

I do understand how you feel but please notice that your over whelming feeling appears to prevent rational discussion (or perhaps your strapped for time on your cell?)thats fine but doesnt add anything to our mutual understanding

Thats simply supporting the status quo and the feeling that we are not in control of our lives and responcible for desisions

There is a big diference in supporting freedom of thought and action that means sometimes we hear things that challenge us

I for example accept the OP,s right to post whilst pointing out that it is in my view often negative, insulting,and seeks to lead us down a particular view of the world that seeks retribution and punishment on the other rather than seeing our contribution to the issue we complain so loudly about :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
26th March 2011, 10:12
Gwap Ive got six all grown up oldest in the Met
and they were educated to make properly informed desisions on "risk" not exhorted to toe some rule based on my uninformed fear that leaves you far more vunerable
:

keith who educated them ?

gWaPito
26th March 2011, 15:00
Your right Keith, im strapped for time :NoNo:
Im trying to get my point over in as fewer words as poss, i fail miserably :NoNo:

Lucky your offspring got the education to make the informed choices before the playground dealers got to them :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nice post Keith, thanks for your understanding:xxgrinning--00xx3:

madmitch537
3rd May 2011, 04:20
all very sad the reason that drove a young mother to risk her life must of been a difficult one and many trafficers must get through to encourage others to follow all very sad