PDA

View Full Version : woooo hooooooo My honey and little ones are coming home!!!!!!!!!!!!

scott&ligaya
22nd March 2011, 11:56
I have just booked the flights for my mahal and our little prince and princess. After nearly a year apart (well I have been there nearly four of them all together) we will be a family again. The nanny visa we applied for has benn denied but in one way I am not unhappy as I think my wifes niece has been taking adantage of my wifes good nature and is that not that good with the little ones anyway. Even my wife has said it maybe for the best so we will see.

The upside has been that she established a good 2nd business for us in Puerto, got to know more influential and connected people through Joshua being in the Montessori nursery (the mums of his classmates includes the mayors wifes sister), Joshua speaks some tagalog, what was a holiday house feels like a home now with all the improvements she has made and we are now pretty sure we will enventually reitre there.

Down side has been the seperation (my 18 mth old baby girl thinks Daddy lives in the computer screen LOL) and I have eaten too many take aways hehehehehe. STILL only 9weeks more and they will be home for good :Jump::Jump::

I have just booked three one way fares with QATAR airways for a total of £705 which I think is a great deal with just a 95 minute stop over in Doha..

Happy to change it if anyone knows of a better deal for 1 adult one 3 yr old and and one infant.

joebloggs
22nd March 2011, 12:02
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

one way tickets form the phils are always dear :angry:

sorry about the nanny visa, what was the reason?, i'll probably be trying to get my misses aunt a VV in a couple of months, cant keep paying £600+ for childcare :cwm24:

scott&ligaya
22nd March 2011, 12:08
they said she was too close a family member and as she was young (23) she may not in fact be coming to work for us:yikes: Anyway my wife is now thinking that it maybe a good thing. It will only be for just over a year (until she gets her Uk citizenship) and then we will look to head back to Asia Pacific probably Singapore before Joshua starts school proper.

joebloggs
22nd March 2011, 14:08
yes thats one of the problems being a family member, thou i wonder if you lived in another european country excerising your treaty rights, if you could bring her as an extended family member :Erm:

anyway as you've said its probably for the best :rolleyes:

sars_notd_virus
22nd March 2011, 14:38
Woow good news scott&ligaya!!!...my little girl also went on a Montessori school in the PH, she never have a problem settling here,except for some american grammar which have been taught in the PH,she still talks to me in tagalog at home and the ''po'' and ''opo' still there which is good and all her friends ask what it means,''its a respect word she replied to them'':D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Summer is near they say??..am sure your kids will love it!! Safe journey for your family!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

scott&ligaya
22nd March 2011, 14:39
well I am considering a role with Airbus in Tolouse at the moment but I am not sure how I stand getting Ligaya into France, do we start again with spouse visa application in France and of course if we did that she would not make the extra year we need for her UK passport (to ease travelling) and this was one of our primary reasons for leaving Hong Kong and coming here (the other being the air pollution harming our babies health). I guess we still here until after the olymoics and then look to move back

imagine
22nd March 2011, 14:52
nice to hear your happy news ,scott&ligaya:):xxgrinning--00xx3:

scott&ligaya
22nd March 2011, 15:03
thank you Sars and Imagine and as always to Joe. Just spoke to Ligaya and she is already excited, typical Filipina though, she does not want me to spend £600 on a flight over for a week before just to help her back with the little ones and to celebrate her 35th borthday on the 17th May. She says keep the money for a European city break once they are back, she wants to go to visit Venice. :)

Englishman2010
22nd March 2011, 15:03
Congratulations, that is fantastic news:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I wouldn't worry about whether your ticket price is good or not, it's worth every penny to have your family back together again:)

Terpe
22nd March 2011, 15:20
Good news :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Family enjoyment for the summer :)

scott&ligaya
22nd March 2011, 15:29
Good news :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Family enjoyment for the summer :)

True but I am Scottish and she is Illocano so we are tighter than a camels .... in a sand storm lol .... So got to get a good deal hehehehehe

Actually I don`t care

scott&ligaya
22nd March 2011, 15:30
Congratulations, that is fantastic news:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I wouldn't worry about whether your ticket price is good or not, it's worth every penny to have your family back together again:)

hehehehe so excited I picked out the wrong quote

grahamw48
22nd March 2011, 19:39
That's good news for you. :)

I understand how you've been feeling, as I went through exactly the same experience myself a few years back. (No video links then either :bigcry:).

I'm pretty sure the residency status is cumulative, as my ex was back and forwards to the UK quite a bit (for months or years), and at the end of it they added all the periods in the UK together. She's had her British passport for a few years now anyway...as have my two stepchildren.
I made sure our boy was born in England though, to save on future hassles. Also had him 'recognised' as a Filipino citizen, so he can stay there for as long as he likes without visas.

Rosie1958
22nd March 2011, 22:06
Congratulations Scott and Ligaya, I am so pleased for you all ! :Jump:

filipinogirl
23rd March 2011, 10:23
What a nice story and wonderful to hear you can bring your family together. Wish you all the best in the future! :)

Piamed
23rd March 2011, 16:11
I have just booked the flights for my mahal and our little prince and princess. After nearly a year apart (well I have been there nearly four of them all together) we will be a family again. The nanny visa we applied for has benn denied but in one way I am not unhappy as I think my wifes niece has been taking adantage of my wifes good nature and is that not that good with the little ones anyway. Even my wife has said it maybe for the best so we will see.

The upside has been that she established a good 2nd business for us in Puerto, got to know more influential and connected people through Joshua being in the Montessori nursery (the mums of his classmates includes the mayors wifes sister), Joshua speaks some tagalog, what was a holiday house feels like a home now with all the improvements she has made and we are now pretty sure we will enventually reitre there.

Down side has been the seperation (my 18 mth old baby girl thinks Daddy lives in the computer screen LOL) and I have eaten too many take aways hehehehehe. STILL only 9weeks more and they will be home for good :Jump::Jump::

I have just booked three one way fares with QATAR airways for a total of £705 which I think is a great deal with just a 95 minute stop over in Doha..

Happy to change it if anyone knows of a better deal for 1 adult one 3 yr old and and one infant.Fantastic news matey. I know how it feels to be seeing your family via webcam albeit I only do it during the week currently.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

one way tickets form the phils are always dear :angry:

sorry about the nanny visa, what was the reason?, i'll probably be trying to get my misses aunt a VV in a couple of months, cant keep paying £600+ for childcare :cwm24:Hey Joe. How about a nursery for little Joe as you can get some assistance with the fees (up to 15 hours a week I believe).

well I am considering a role with Airbus in Tolouse at the moment but I am not sure how I stand getting Ligaya into France, do we start again with spouse visa application in France and of course if we did that she would not make the extra year we need for her UK passport (to ease travelling) and this was one of our primary reasons for leaving Hong Kong and coming here (the other being the air pollution harming our babies health). I guess we still here until after the olymoics and then look to move backBeing a big comapnt i believe Airbus have folk internally that can resolve all your spousal visa requirements. I have a friend that did just what you are proposing to do when he was transferred to Germany. His wife was in da Phils and travelled to be with him for 6 months while he was there.

joebloggs
23rd March 2011, 21:30
:Hellooo: toks, little joe is 4yrs old now, (5 on the 5th nov) he goes to school 9am til 3pm 5 days a week :D
the childcare is for looking after him from 8:00am til 9am and taking him to school, picking him up from school from 3:15 til i pick him up at 5:30pm also the same for our 10yr old daughter..

we can no longer get anything from tax creds because our joint income is now too much :bigcry:, thou my misses could , as you might be able to claim childcare vouchers from your employer :rolleyes:

hows your little girl doing ? walking yet :rolleyes:

scott&ligaya
24th March 2011, 08:35
hi Toks, hope all is well with you and yours, I see you are still travelling the world, we must have been in a business lounge of an airport somewhere in the world at some point lol. One of the reasons i am looking at a new role is to cut down on my travel. The Airbus role is pretty much Head office role so I will see my little ones more. I have asked them to let me know the implications of getting Ligaya into France bit in the meantime I have an I an interview locally here in the midlands today so maybe it will not be needed. Do I remember you were starting a designer clothes business at some point last year. and also did you ever get your gym back from being used as a clothes drying rack LOL:doh

joebloggs
24th March 2011, 08:50
you would be exercising your Treaty rights in france, so you would need to apply for a family permit for your wife, should be free and you would virtually have a legal right to it to :D

Piamed
24th March 2011, 22:51
:Hellooo: toks, little joe is 4yrs old now, (5 on the 5th nov) he goes to school 9am til 3pm 5 days a week :D
the childcare is for looking after him from 8:00am til 9am and taking him to school, picking him up from school from 3:15 til i pick him up at 5:30pm also the same for our 10yr old daughter..

we can no longer get anything from tax creds because our joint income is now too much :bigcry:, thou my misses could , as you might be able to claim childcare vouchers from your employer :rolleyes:

hows your little girl doing ? walking yet :rolleyes:I abslutely use the Childcare vouchers. Safe me a few quid :) Unfortunately, we have so much trouble getting Marikit to walk.:NoNo: It's clearly not her thing. Running! :yikes: Oh yeah, she does plenty of that :) We're constantly saying, "Marikit, walk", but she goes careering around almost bumping into things but avoiding it by swerving last minute which really terrifies me sometimes. Going to be 2 years old next week.

hi Toks, hope all is well with you and yours, I see you are still travelling the world, we must have been in a business lounge of an airport somewhere in the world at some point lol. One of the reasons i am looking at a new role is to cut down on my travel. The Airbus role is pretty much Head office role so I will see my little ones more. I have asked them to let me know the implications of getting Ligaya into France bit in the meantime I have an I an interview locally here in the midlands today so maybe it will not be needed. Do I remember you were starting a designer clothes business at some point last year. and also did you ever get your gym back from being used as a clothes drying rack LOL:dohHi Scott. I still travel but not as much as before. :xxgrinning--00xx3: I'm certain we've been in the same lounge at some point though :) Lately, I've been in MK during the week and back at weekends knackered and no use to anyone. We are moving to Broughton, MK next Thursday so I look forward to being home almost every night.

Re. the clothing range; I've put that on hold as work is so busy and I believe I can achieve all the things I wanted to achieve through my own business through my current employed position. I have a great job working with fantastic guys who are awesome at what they do but are totally fun to be with. I spend so much time each day laughing my behind off. If you're ever on a plan with us you'll know what i mean first hand,

As for my gym, it's still a clothing line. My former physique has all but disappeared :Help1: Got another one on the way. Had it been a girl we wre going to call her Ligaya - I heard the name first from your dear wife. We now know it's a boy and his name will be M------ all being well.

Good luch with the jog interviews/considerations!