PDA

View Full Version : Processing timescales

thedug
11th April 2007, 22:29
Does anyone know if the timescales have increased any because of the rush of people applying before the prices rose on April 1st?
I visited my fiancee in Manila to help her with her application which we submitted on March 30th. It took ages !! We waited for almost 2hours outside the UKVACS building and then she spent another 2 hours inside to go through the registration part. The staff there said they were much busier than usual and had been all that week.
Im now a bit worried that, because of this, itll take longer than the usual time and we plan for her to travel on May 10th.

Can anyone put my mind at ease?

scotsfiancee
12th April 2007, 10:13
Mind you, what's the date today? :D

Aprroximately 3 months to process settlement visa. If your application is there for a month you can email them anytime :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Philip
13th April 2007, 14:14
Woah, travelling by May 10th is VERY optimistic!!!

I hope you haven't paid for flights or anything!?

thedug
13th April 2007, 21:35
No we havent booked anything yet. The earliest she can fly is May 10th cos shes a bridesmaid at her friends wedding on the 8th.

So I figured the end of March would be the best time to apply since Ive read on here that it usually takes 1 month to get the visa and u should really travel within 28 days of receiving it.

However, our wedding is booked for July 7th and I'm now worried that, if it takes anywhere near 3 months to get it, we may have to postpone it which will cost a fortune in lost deposits etc. :Help1:

joebloggs
14th April 2007, 02:35
looking on here now, most people got their visa without an interview in around 4 to 6 wks, but when i appiled for my wifes visa at start of jan 2005, she had to go for an interview and we didnt get the visa til end of march..:bigcry: and thats after i :furious3: at them.

but it looks like now most dont get called for an interview and the waiting time is shorter. its a risk thou.

good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
14th April 2007, 09:43
It seems that the further you live from Manchester, the quicker they get done! :D

Philip
14th April 2007, 11:01
...and u should really travel within 28 days of receiving it.

That's only an issue if you are already married.

vbkelly
14th April 2007, 12:48
looking on here now, most people got their visa without an interview in around 4 to 6 wks, but when i appiled for my wifes visa at start of jan 2005, she had to go for an interview and we didnt get the visa til end of march..:bigcry: and thats after i :furious3: at them.

but it looks like now most dont get called for an interview and the waiting time is shorter. its a risk thou.

how come it takes so long like that:Brick: :Brick: :Brick:

joebloggs
15th April 2007, 01:36
It seems that the further you live from Manchester, the quicker they get done! :D

is that why you left liverpud land, to go south to north wales :D

KeithD
15th April 2007, 09:13
With global warming we got more winds blowing in from Manchester......couldn't stand the smell so moved away :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thedug
16th April 2007, 23:16

thanks. hopefully we'll be alright. i just need to wait and hope now