PDA

View Full Version : Fiancee visa

brokavich
11th April 2007, 11:48
Hi everyone,
I have question about visa.
Here`s my situation.
My fiance` is a british citizen and wanted to marry me, but the problem is my annulment is not yet finish. Do you think the eco in the british embassy in manila will recognized the paper that proves that legal proceedings of my annulment has been started? Im an ofw here in Hong Kong, is it best to apply for uk fiancee`visa in Manila or here in Hong Kong?
I have lots of evidence that our relationships is genuine for more than 3 years now and I have been to the UK as a visitor once. My fiance` visit me here in HK twice and once in Manila. Another problem is, I have children from my previous relationship, do you think the eco will granted me a visa if i will not take them with me to the uk, but i will bring them after we get married.
Any advise will be appreciated. thank you.

walesrob
11th April 2007, 12:41
Hi everyone,
Here`s my situation.
My fiance` is a british citizen and wanted to marry me, but the problem is my annulment is not yet finish. Do you think the eco in the british embassy in manila will recognized the paper that proves that legal proceedings of my annulment has been started? Im an ofw here in Hong Kong, is it best to apply for uk fiancee`visa in Manila or here in Hong Kong?
I have lots of evidence that our relationships is genuine for more than 3 years now and I have been to the UK as a visitor once. My fiance` visit me here in HK twice and once in Manila. Another problem is, I have children from my previous relationship, do you think the eco will granted me a visa if i will not take them with me to the uk, but i will bring them after we get married.

Welcome to the forum brokavich.

You can only apply for the visa once you have completed the annulment. The Embassy will otherwise refuse to issue a visa, and you will have wasted time & money. Annullment first, visa application later.

Not sure if I'm 100% correct, but yeah, you can apply for a visa at the British Embassy in Hong Kong.

brokavich
11th April 2007, 13:43
My fiance` is single and never been married. He is now living in the UK.

brokavich
11th April 2007, 13:48
thanks walesrob for your reply.

vbkelly
11th April 2007, 16:02
My fiance` is single and never been married. He is now living in the UK.it does'nt matter if he is single (thats good) but you need to clear your annulment first before you apply a visa just avoid refusal and dont waste your money

tiger@tigress
11th April 2007, 23:40
Hi everyone,
Here`s my situation.

Hello and welcome to the forum... can u tell me whats the status of your annulment? when did you file it?... and where?

mach
12th April 2007, 03:10
maBuhay brokavich & weLcome :Hellooo:

brokavich
12th April 2007, 08:53
Thanks, Tiger and mach
My annulment status is just waiting for the finality and I filed it in Manila 16 months ago. I have the confident that the petition will be granted as I have a valid grounds and evidence. Its just the legal system in the Philippines is too slow specially now that theres a new judge assigned to the court where my petition filed. I have a guidenotes from the British Embassy in Manila, that one of the requirements in applying for a fiancee visa is that the evidence that the legal proceeding of the annulment has been started. I log in to this website as I just wondered if anyone there was in the same position as mine.
cheers.

brokavich
12th April 2007, 08:54
thank you mach

tiger@tigress
12th April 2007, 09:29
thank you mach

u didnt answer my question?

brokavich
12th April 2007, 14:36
Tiger,
I filed my annulment 16 months ago and we just waiting for the finality. My lawyer said that we have the confident that the petition will be granted as we have a valid grounds and evidence. Its just the legal system in the Phils is too slow.