PDA

View Full Version : One for Gaddafi

Dedworth
19th March 2011, 23:27
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/300000/images/_304015_tomahawk_rn300.jpg

The UK, the US and France have begun attacking Libya as enforcement of the UN-mandated no-fly zone gets under way.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12796972

He should have been dealt with 40 years ago before he had a chance to arm the Provisional IRA, Blow up Airliners etc

gWaPito
20th March 2011, 00:01
Great News Ded.

I hope its notice too late.

G oodjob Blair and his mincers aren't in control, they'd probably be giving daffy air support instead of doing what should of been happeningweeks ago, being blown to hell.

Dedworth
20th March 2011, 00:11
Great News Ded.

I hope its notice too late.

G oodjob Blair and his mincers aren't in control, they'd probably be giving daffy air support instead of doing what should of been happeningweeks ago, being blown to hell.

It won't be long before the handwringing Chuckle Brothers are on here bleating about "not in my name" and civilian casualties. They'll conveniently forget Lockerbie and that it was Bottler Browns Liebour who released the mass murderer Megrahi and sent him back to Libya. With any luck he'll be in the crosshairs right now

KeithD
20th March 2011, 00:57
110 Tomahawks ..... at $1Mill each :yikes:

Dedworth
20th March 2011, 01:12

Money well spent, similar to the Predators/Mavericks in the other place pest control at source. Far easier than dealing with the enemy within here.

keithAngel
20th March 2011, 05:23
Bit pointless ded as you dont appear to know how to debate or have any sort of morality

Using words like "Pest control" means you dont care about the innocence or guilt of women and kids killed by our representatives and the eventual cost to our women and kids killed inreturn other than to then want to repeat the cycle

Im sure every one involved in Genocide has used the same words dehumanisation is a required step to desensitise your soul to the horrors you want to glory in

Chuckle away :crazy:

aposhark
20th March 2011, 07:37
Bit pointless ded as you dont appear to know how to debate or have any sort of morality

Using words like "Pest control" means you dont care about the innocence or guilt of women and kids killed by our representatives and the eventual cost to our women and kids killed inreturn other than to then want to repeat the cycle

Im sure every one involved in Genocide has used the same words dehumanisation is a required step to desensitise your soul to the horrors you want to glory in

Chuckle away :crazy:

:laugher::laugher:
(I hope his wife joins him one day - it will give him some humane perspective :) )

joebloggs
20th March 2011, 08:17
:laugher::laugher:
(I hope his wife joins him one day - it will give him some humane perspective :) )

the same level of humanity Gaddafi has given his people :rolleyes:

keithAngel
20th March 2011, 08:42
Joe treating gadaffis people the same way as he has is not a recipe for making friends

I didnt really understand Mikes bit you quoted though:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
20th March 2011, 08:52
i use to work with 2 libyan brothers and they use to tell me about the secret police and how people would get a knock on the door at night, never to be seen again :NoNo:

gaddafi has been accused of committing crimes against humanity, his own people :NoNo:

Terpe
20th March 2011, 08:54
It would be interesting to debate the issues rather than 'posters'.
Unfortunately, it appears, that once again no-one is able to so.

Englishman2010
20th March 2011, 09:04
It would be interesting to debate the issues rather than 'posters'.
Unfortunately, it appears, that once again no-one is able to so.

Well said Terpe, as is usually the case posters on both sides of the fence use these threads to make personal attacks and behave like children rather than discussing the issues. Why can't we ever have a polite and friendly debate? There is no need to insult someone just because you disagree with them. This is becoming very tiresome, the same insults are used time and time again.

TBH I'm getting sick of it and can't be bothered to even read the threads most of the time. Some of the thread topics make good material for debating, but they are always hijacked by members intent on insulting others.

Doc Alan
20th March 2011, 09:29
I agree with Terpe and Englishman. Of course the solution may be to opt out of ever reading these threads. This is a FILIPINO UK forum ! Those members from the Philippines, and others who do read such threads in the hope of enlightenment must be sadly disappointed.
I for one would be interested if someone could explain why the Kim family in North Korea and President Mugabe in Zimbabwe need have no worries about what is going on in Libya - is it because only Libya has oil ?

KeithD
20th March 2011, 09:58
The same names again and again with the same childish behaviour, and as everyone else is now bored of this, and you're only making your selves look even more stupid than you already have, we have no idea why you keep posting pathetic worthless comments.

Englishman2010
20th March 2011, 10:17
I for one would be interested if someone could explain why the Kim family in North Korea and President Mugabe in Zimbabwe need have no worries about what is going on in Libya - is it because only Libya has oil ?

I don't think this is just about oil, Gaddafi has been sponsoring terrorism against the west for 40 years, and committed terrorist attacks on British soil. Zimbabwe and North Korea are unlikely to commit terrorism in the west. However, the greatest supporters of terrorism against the west are Iran and Syria. GWB was keen to act against both, but I don't think Obama is going to act against them, he has been very keen to distance himself from the approach taken by the previous US administration and is continually stating that this is an International coalition. However, the majority of the bombing has been by US cruise missiles.
There is very little support for Gaddafi, even in Arab/Muslim countries I don't think there will be the same backlash as there has been against conflicts in the Muslim world.
The thing that has always annoyed me is that the fundamentalists forget that when NATO bombed Serbia, it was bombing a Christian Orthodox country, and protecting muslims from attrocities

KeithD
20th March 2011, 10:29
The difference this time is the Arab asked for help, and the new recognised government by the Arab and Western world has asked for military intervention.

The US took the lead only because it became urgent, once the initial missions are complete, NATO will take over with Arab military support.

aposhark
20th March 2011, 10:45
Well said Terpe, as is usually the case posters on both sides of the fence use these threads to make personal attacks and behave like children rather than discussing the issues. Why can't we ever have a polite and friendly debate? There is no need to insult someone just because you disagree with them. This is becoming very tiresome, the same insults are used time and time again.

TBH I'm getting sick of it and can't be bothered to even read the threads most of the time. Some of the thread topics make good material for debating, but they are always hijacked by members intent on insulting others.

And who is the originator of most of these threads?
If you find a lot of Islamaphobic comments tasteful, well .......................

aposhark
20th March 2011, 10:47
I agree with Terpe and Englishman. Of course the solution may be to opt put of ever reading these threads. This is a FILIPINO UK forum ! Those members from the Philippines, and others who do read such threads in the hope of enlightenment must be sadly disappointed.

That is EXACTLY my point Doc Alan :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
20th March 2011, 10:52
And who is the originator of most of these threads?
If you find a lot of Islamaphobic comments tasteful, well .......................

Apo, I have nothing against you, and you often make some very good and informative posts, but here we go again, throwing mud and passing the blame. You're just as bad, and quite frankly most members are sick and tired of the childish behaviour, can't you come up with something new, this is very boring now.

KeithD
20th March 2011, 11:52

Please explain to us all in GREAT detail where in this thread any Islamaphobia appears? Because either we've all missed it ... or.... the person who wrote the comment keeps seeing things that just aren't there.... you're starting to sound like the muppet who gives out the Gaddafi news conferences. You see everything different from the rest of the world, while we all laugh at your stupidity :icon_lol:

Dedworth
20th March 2011, 12:18
Please explain to us all in GREAT detail where in this thread any Islamaphobia appears? Because either we've all missed it ... or.... the person who wrote the comment keeps seeing things that just aren't there.... you're starting to sound like the muppet who gives out the Gaddafi news conferences. You see everything different from the rest of the world, while we all laugh at your stupidity :icon_lol:

Nominated for "Post of The Day" :appl:

It must be Aposharks x ray vision that spots the Islamaphopia in the same way that it cuts though the ignore button and focuses on me :D

PS I wonder if the news conference muppet did his apprenticeship working with Comical Ali in Iraq ?

KeithD
20th March 2011, 12:22
.... Comical Ali in Iraq ?

For some strange reason I've always felt sorry for him.... he either got shot by Saddam or said what he was told to say to the media, that nothing was happening, everything was fine.... when US bombs fell all around him :laugher:

Englishman2010
20th March 2011, 13:25
Comical Ali ?

Downing St had it's own Comical Ali as a press officer in the shape of Blair's former croney...wasn't he always telling us everything was ok while the country was going to the dogs?

aposhark
20th March 2011, 13:48
Keith,

A long time a go you asked for members to refrain from commenting about religion.
You said it was not good for the forum and that Filipinas would be put off from posting.

It quietened down.

Then this dedworth person joined and from that moment on the tone of this forum became, in my opinion, much more negative.

How can his posts help the forum?
Look at all of the threads he has started.

Look at the flavour of most of the threads.

How can his threads and/or posts make this forum a nicer place, and one that Filipinas will post on?
Many of them are Islamaphobic.

He hardly ever posts about Fil-Brit issues.
Why is that?
Why do you allow it?

KeithD
20th March 2011, 14:57
:Erm: Dedworth joined not long after you and has more posts, and I've received a lot more complaints this year about you than any other member, and in a democratic forum that points to where a problem is.

If you don't like someone's posts you don't comment on them, it is as simple as that.

Their is no rules about having to post Fil-Brit issue, it is an open forum for friendship, chat, and information, and if along the way we can help people, great :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I have absolutely no idea how peolpe can say other are Islamaphobic or Racist on here, if I seen any proof of that they'd be banned. You see things the vast majority don't, so who would you say has got it wrong? You are the only one we repeatedly see bringing up these subjects, hence the number of complaints about you. :doh

gWaPito
20th March 2011, 15:15
I read yesterdays mail this morning.

I came over with a great sense of national pride.

Like Dame Margaret Thacher, we now got another conservative PM will to stand for what is just.

Sounds of ' land of hope and glory' last night at the proms, bring it on. That's the one song that brings tears to my eyes.

From a proud Englishman

Quentin Letts summed it up perfectly. Have a read if you can.

Appeasement still reins supreme on here I see.

If it weren't for our beloved PM there would be no, no fly zone, the reason they backed down and eventually agreed was because they were shamed into it.

How quickly resent history is forgotten. Hitler wont invade said McMillan. Disgraceful.

A sfor the million pound a pop missiles. Tax payers money well spent.

Englishman2010
20th March 2011, 15:28
The difference this time is the Arab asked for help, and the new recognised government by the Arab and Western world has asked for military intervention.

The US took the lead only because it became urgent, once the initial missions are complete, NATO will take over with Arab military support.

Latest news is that the Secretary of the Arab League is saying they never agreed to the extent of the force being used:Erm: There's still no sign of Arab jets flying sorties.

KeithD
20th March 2011, 15:56
How the :censored: did they expect to fly in the zone without first taking out the muppets who are firing at them? :doh

Englishman2010
20th March 2011, 16:15
He must have thought we'd be quite happy to have billions of pounds worth of jets flying around dodging anti-aircraft fire and S.A.M's:doh

gWaPito
20th March 2011, 16:44
Apo, why have you got that Richard Dawkins stuff permanently on your posts?

Don't you think its offensive to a great many on here considering its mainly attracting views from a catholic county, I know my Filipina wife and I do.

You've even put the thumbs up 3 times.

Apo, you are the wind up merchant, not our valued member Ded

aposhark
20th March 2011, 18:14
Apo, why have you got that Richard Dawkins stuff permanently on your posts?

Don't you think its offensive to a great many on here considering its mainly attracting views from a catholic county, I know my Filipina wife and I do.

You've even put the thumbs up 3 times.

Apo, you are the wind up merchant, not our valued member Ded

The UK is no longer very interested in christian religion and this is borne out in the dwindling attendances.
Filipinas who come to live here will see this when they arrive.
Are you scared of the truth?
Ask your priest or vicar.

Why do you persist in "Amen's" for example?

As Keith says, if you don't like what I have to type, don't read it or comment on what I have put.
It's simple.

gWaPito
20th March 2011, 19:41
This your opinion Apo

You wonder why, out of this large membership, you manage to rake up the most complaints?

When you are not spouting your blasphemous nonsense, you do in fact contribute greatly here.

Conclusion, the members complaining don't like your anti religious comments.

Nothing wrong with you being an atheist, nothing wrong at all that.

What's wrong is pushing your forthright views on this particular subject down our necks.

Oh, I hope you all had a nice holiday.

Cheers
Mark

Dedworth
20th March 2011, 20:03
This your opinion and yours alone.

You wonder why at of all the members, you manage to rake up the most complaints?

When you are not spouting your blasphemous nonsense, you do in fact contribute greatly here.

ConclusionApo, they don't like your religious views

I've always been surprised to find these anti Catholic rantings on the forum which must upset the large number of members who come from a strongly RC society.

I agree about his lack of worthwhile contributions - I wonder if there are any Islamophile forums who are on the lookout for members ?

He won't be reading this though as he's got me on ignore.

KeithD
21st March 2011, 00:28
I've had 2 complaints about Apo already today :NoNo:

As Keith says, if you don't like what I have to type, don't read it or comment on what I have put.
It's simple.

So simple, yet you never seem able to do it yourself!

keithAngel
21st March 2011, 03:36
Indeed your right Terpe it wasnt till the OP made his 3rd post (post number 5) and used the word "pest control" which is of course refering to high explosive death of people that may or may not be guilty of some crime that I even bothered to join in.

Very difficult to debate the issues with such words being used regularly rather than debate over the morality of such behaviour.

Indeed by post three the OP was already doing what a few of you complain of

"It won't be long before the handwringing Chuckle Brothers are on here bleating about "not in my name" and civilian casualties. They'll conveniently forget Lockerbie and that it was Bottler Browns Liebour who released the mass murderer Megrahi and sent him back to Libya. With any luck he'll be in the crosshairs right now"

My personal view is that Killing "civilians" is the very thing we all dont want to happen so are we not best advised not to glory in events that involve this?

I further note the Arab league is now less enthusiastic that earlier supposed

I would be interested in the views of the members who posted above on these issues which the OP regularly brings to our attention

KeithD
21st March 2011, 10:21
I would be interested in the views of the members who posted above on these issues which the OP regularly brings to our attention

My view, and I know it is that of a lot of others, is that along with Apo, you keep bringing things up that have nothing to do with the overall flow of the thread, and decide to take it upon yourself that you will give out personal attack after personal attack regardless of the fact people are just bored of you being repetitive, and most are now just sick of your childish comments.

It's simple.

So simple, maybe you shou;d try Apo's advice yourself!

joebloggs
21st March 2011, 11:55
:NoNo: come on you guys, your begining to sound like me and my misses :cwm24:, i've not a problem with any of you :rolleyes:, but keep the :furious3: :cwm3: off the forum :icon_sorry:

keithAngel
21st March 2011, 15:18
My view, and I know it is that of a lot of others, is that along with Apo, you keep bringing things up that have nothing to do with the overall flow of the thread, and decide to take it upon yourself that you will give out personal attack after personal attack regardless of the fact people are just bored of you being repetitive, and most are now just sick of your childish comments.

So simple, maybe you shou;d try Apo's advice yourself!

I was attacking the content of the post Boss

I note you didnt include my points on post 3 and 5 by the OP I have no problem personally with taking a contrary stance with any post that is exreme in its opinion on Violence agreed to by our Government Or which is cruel and demeaning towards women I welcome "looking stupid"

I cant of course force anyone into a debate of the actual issues if they prefer to deride every opinion that doesnt support there views

But as you say they are also free to ignor me

Deadworth isnt you boss is it?:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
21st March 2011, 15:36

During these times of austerity, it's good to know that British taxpayers money isn't being wasted, the news yesterday said that of the 122 cruise missiles fired so far, 120 of them were US and only 2 British....and they are quite cheap, only £300K a piece

KeithD
21st March 2011, 15:45
I was attacking the content of the post Boss

:

..and I was talking about numerous posts of yours across numerous threads over the last few months, and it would be a long list.

I, and many others, have no idea why yourself and Apo suddenly started bitching a few months ago, and launching personal attacks on other members. Before that everything was fine. You're both mature guys and have contributed a lot in the past, but your behaviour lately has been nothing short of the kind of bullying you find in a playground, and you haven't seen anyone disagree with anything I've wrote on this subject because you won't find many that will going by all the messages I get about you both.

Luv2Allah
21st March 2011, 15:45
[IMG]
He should have been dealt with 40 years ago before he had a chance to arm the Provisional IRA, Blow up Airliners etc

I would naturally be dead set against it, but on the face of it:

This is one group of Kuffar (UN et al) attacking another group of kuffar (Ghaddafi and his hosts) who in turn have massacred and continue to massacre Muslims.

Bear in mind that these Libyan fighters have been on the whole unprepared and are considerably weak compared to Ghaddaffis forces. The situation in Bhengazzi was quite dire today with civilians being killed and forced to flee.

Under these circumstances my opinion is that it is not such a bad thing providing that no ground troops be sent in.

KeithD
21st March 2011, 15:47
I thought I was on another planet yesterday when the leader of Hamas was speaking quite highly of the Western action on the current situation ..... what's happening to our planet? :yikes:

Terpe
21st March 2011, 16:06
From what little I know and understand, it would be possible to support both 'for' and 'against' views on the actions taken.

Englishman2010
21st March 2011, 16:41
From what little I know and understand, it would be possible to support both 'for' and 'against' views on the actions taken.

I think the majority of the public, me included, don't want another war, especially not in the middle east. However, Gaddafi can't be allowed to murder his people. I don't really want to see British troops involved, but the truth is, for all the Arabs complain about their neighbours, they won't act themselves and always ask the west to support them. It would be far better if he had been dealt with by Arab nations.
There do appear to be some double standards here though, a good proportion of the middle east despises the west, yet they still want us to help them when they are in trouble.:Erm:

Englishman2010
21st March 2011, 17:14
What has surprised me this time is the French stance, they were at the forefront calling for a No Fly Zone and also launched the first wave of bombings. In recent times, the French have stood back when military action has been called for. Does this new approach have anything to do with Total and Elf having major operations in Northern Africa and the Sahara region?

Terpe
21st March 2011, 17:16
Am I right in recalling that Saudi sent in some military to Bahrain to clear the protesters?
I'm sure I saw something on BBC news but just can't remember, there's been such a lot of bad stuff going on these days.:Cuckoo:

Englishman2010
21st March 2011, 17:21
Am I right in recalling that Saudi sent in some military to Bahrain to clear the protesters?
I'm sure I saw something on BBC news but just can't remember, there's been such a lot of bad stuff going on these days.:Cuckoo:

They did, but don't forget that Bahrain is about 10 miles off the Saudi coast. Libya is a couple of thousand miles away from Saudi.

I agree, there's lot's of bad stuff going on in the middle east right now, and it looks like Syria and Yemen will be the next one's to kick off.

Terpe
21st March 2011, 17:25
What has surprised me this time is the French stance, they were at the forefront calling for a No Fly Zone and also launched the first wave of bombings. In recent times, the French have stood back when military action has been called for. Does this new approach have anything to do with Total and Elf having major operations in Northern Africa and the Sahara region?

The manner of their action and speedy response also surprised me. :)

Arthur Little
21st March 2011, 18:17
The manner of their action and speedy response also surprised me. :)

And me, :rolleyes: ... as Ian points out, the French - in recent "historic" times - ain't exactly been quick off the mark to :Jump: to the defence of other nations in dire straits!! :NoNo:

Englishman2010
21st March 2011, 18:44
And me, :rolleyes: ... as Ian points out, the French - in recent "historic" times - ain't exactly been quick off the mark to :Jump: to the defence of other nations in dire straits!! :NoNo:

There are a lot of politics at work here, and most of which won't be made public to us. However, the French have always had very close ties with the Christians in The Lebanon. The UN resolution was jointly sponsored by the Lebanese, French and British. It makes me wonder what the French have asked the Lebanese for or vice versa? The French have also had strong ties with Northern and Western Africa and the Sahara region. I think there is definitely a greater French objective at work here:Erm:

aposhark
21st March 2011, 19:18
This your opinion Apo

You wonder why, out of this large membership, you manage to rake up the most complaints?

Conclusion, the members complaining don't like your anti religious comments.

Nothing wrong with you being an atheist, nothing wrong at all that.

What's wrong is pushing your forthright views on this particular subject down our necks.

Oh, I hope you all had a nice holiday.

Cheers
Mark

Don't bother to type anything to me as you are now ignored too

gWaPito
27th March 2011, 22:04
Don't bother to type anything to me as you are now ignored too
:laugher::laugher::bigcry::laugher:

I best go change my pants :laugher:

gWaPito
27th March 2011, 22:15
I've always been surprised to find these anti Catholic rantings on the forum which must upset the large number of members who come from a strongly RC society.

I agree about his lack of worthwhile contributions - I wonder if there are any Islamophile forums who are on the lookout for members ?

He won't be reading this though as he's got me on ignore.

Looks liked me and you both :D

Another sleepless night. This rejection stuff is hard to take :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Lancashirelad
29th March 2011, 23:56
The UK is no longer very interested in christian religion and this is borne out in the dwindling attendances.
Filipinas who come to live here will see this when they arrive.
Are you scared of the truth?
Ask your priest or vicar

Disagree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last Census over 70% UK residents described themselves as Christian, admittedly lots of people dip in and out as they see fit and are not fully active, but still like to watch nativity plays or songs of praise, give easter eggs, send Christmas cards, pray in times of need ect.

I personally find Richard Dawkins a repulsive individual with aggressive views, who is unprepared to consider other peoples opinions. There are plenty of eminent Christian scientist's who have different viewpoints.

Oh and my Church the attendance is very healthy, im a proud Christian
and proud of my Church too.

Dedworth
30th March 2011, 00:27
Disagree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A crank - I wouldn't let him bother you - infant school playground, sticks and stones etc

keithAngel
30th March 2011, 05:22
A crank - I wouldn't let him bother you - infant school playground, sticks and stones etc

I remember it well the small kids would make up names for people that they saw as diferent and chant them repeatedly to try to be hurtfull

Such things as Bacteria bacteria your a bacteria

Strange how they never grew up:D

Doc Alan
30th March 2011, 09:28
Infants eventually mature. Bacteria, like threads, mutate. The bad mutations die. The good ones survive. This started as a good thread :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
30th March 2011, 09:49
....Last Census over 70% UK residents described themselves as Christian.......

Because the question was worded so that you had to answer 'what religeon your parents had forced on you before you could even speak' :doh .... it did not ask you "Do you worship a God, and if so, which religion?". To get the answer to the last question just look at the figures for church attendance.

Australia recently released a report saying that religion will eventually become obsolete in the country at the present rate of decline.