PDA

View Full Version : Application Packaging

ebony
10th April 2007, 09:07
Hello All

I am looking for some clarity on the packaging required for the settlement visa application. I am travelling to Manila in early May with the intention of submitting our visa application by hand and my fiance and I are finalising the documentation now.

Can anyone advise as to the best/acceptable packaging for the submission. Our plan was to split the documents into plastic pockets then into wallets, then into large envelopes. A photo album would then be added and then all into a box.
Any advice from previous applicants would be gratefully received

Thanks Mike and Lenny

baboyako
10th April 2007, 09:14
is that allowed? i think it must always go by aboitiz:Erm:

Philip
10th April 2007, 14:42
The envelope that ukvacs provide is slightly larger than A4, I was rather shocked when I saw it, and poor Tonet had to un-do our slick presentation folder and squeeze everything in to this damn envelope.

Cue Philip the sungit! :cwm23::doh Sorry sweety! :Hellooo:

My advice would be to have everything as small and neat as possible, use A4 sheets inbetween each section with a header on each piece of paper stating what is within that section.

i.e.

Proof we have Met, Support, Accommodation and so on. We put our pics and receipts in the small envelopes you get when you process photographs and put relevant dates on each envelope.

Think A4, neat and compact and follow the order that ukvacs state on their check list and you'll save yourself the hassle of screwing around with documents when you get to ukvacs. All our original stuff went in the folder they provided and our copies where just separate and tied together.

I've read others have paid extra to be able to submit more though.

Anyway, this was our experience of submitting the application. :cwm3:

eytch
10th April 2007, 15:49
yes ebony, ukvacs will provide envelope slightly larger than A4. all your original documents will be placed there, then the photocopies plus your album/scrap book if you have (i submitted 2 small album and 2 scrap book), transcript of email, phone bills will be placed on a separate plastic envelope if it wouldn't fit the envelope they provided. then they will ask for additional Php200 for it.
goodluck!