PDA

View Full Version : How the UK census helped inspire School Report's Survey

Win2Win
15th March 2011, 22:30
Find out about the UK Census, and why School Report carried out its own questionnaire.

Content from... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/school_report/9344323.stm)

Rosie1958
15th March 2011, 23:35
Census records are only available to view from 1841 onwards and they are a valuable source of information, especially for those interested in genealogy and tracing their family tree. I am mortified that they could be replaced by something a bit more modern such as the School Report :yikes:

I've read through the new 2011 census form which contains an awful lot more information than it used to but having an appreciation of it's uses, I hope that it continues to be available for our future generations so that they have an insight into our lives (as their ancestors), in 100 years time.

Arthur Little
16th March 2011, 00:31
I've read through the new 2011 census form which contains an awful lot more information than it used to but having an appreciation of it's uses, I hope that it continues to be available for our future generations so that they have an insight into our lives (as their ancestors), in 100 years time.

Having served as an Enumerator during the 1981 Census, :iagree: it's an invaluable source of information for generations to come ... and, quite frankly, I'm appalled :cwm24: at the mere thought that the current one could be the last of its kind after 170 years of existence in its present format.

Which reminds me :rolleyes: ... WE haven't received OURS for completion, as yet :NoNo: ... does this mean our household will not be counted? :yikes: