PDA

View Full Version : How much tape..............

subseastu
15th March 2011, 00:13
Do you need to bound and gag your victi....................

sorry........

How much packing tape do you use to wrap up your balibuyan boxes? we're sending 2 jumbo and 1 bullet box and I'm already 10 rolls in. Just to let you know thats 48mm x 50m = 24m 2 of tape!!

bornatbirth
15th March 2011, 00:36
my wife taped the entire large box with tape which i thought was slightly over kill, the box can be opened at anytime....so just use what you think is enough :D

Steve.r
15th March 2011, 00:39
I used 2 rolls of parcel tape, rolles of gaffa tape and some high vis tape and straps that we use at work for packing pallets
As below
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg188/Discusboy123/Bike%20Photos/DSC03693.jpg

Pete/London
15th March 2011, 00:43
They do it to make the box strong enough to take all the junk they pile in it plus I suppose it stops anyone pilfering from the box. Wont stop a determined thief but we have never had those problems...touch wood:)

Steve.r
You cant see the colour of the box after my wife has finished, taped completely.

KeithD
15th March 2011, 09:57
That'a nice hose you have Steve ;)

Steve.r
15th March 2011, 10:34
Steve.r
You cant see the colour of the box after my wife has finished, taped completely.

:icon_lol::Cuckoo:

That'a nice hose you have Steve ;)

What you lookin' at Willis ?? :xxaction-smiley-047

subseastu
15th March 2011, 12:23
I was told by the bloke who dropped them off to tape the entire box, does seem over kill to me but there you go. By the way its £270 for 2 jumbo boxes and a free bullet box to samar.

Steve.r
15th March 2011, 12:57
Stu, i paid £120 for both of mine :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
15th March 2011, 13:34
I was told by the bloke who dropped them off to tape the entire box, does seem over kill to me but there you go.

:yikes: ... so much "red tape" involved! :rolleyes:

joebloggs
15th March 2011, 14:16
and some high vis tape and straps that we use at work for packing pallets

do you have any scouse blood :rolleyes:, workplace pilfering :xxparty-smiley-004:

:D

Steve.r
15th March 2011, 14:49
do you have any scouse blood :rolleyes:, workplace pilfering :xxparty-smiley-004:

:D

No scouse blood, but it made me feel like Robin Hood ..... I love green tights.... Oops!! Note to self... think before you type :icon_lol:

Dedworth
15th March 2011, 15:32
I used 2 rolls of parcel tape, rolles of gaffa tape and some high vis tape and straps that we use at work for packing pallets

I use the strapping ratchet tool thing on them then the Mrs brown tapes over completely inc the polyprop strapping. Mr Collection Man from Forex told me they also strap them back at base - I defy anyone to open it in a hurry :D

Arthur Little
15th March 2011, 15:41
the Mrs brown tapes over completely :D

:cwm24: ... which Mrs Brown is that? :rolleyes:

Dedworth
15th March 2011, 15:47
:cwm24: ... which Mrs Brown is that? :rolleyes:

Well spotted Arthur :appl: - it's obviously not the wife of your fellow Scot and ex PM Missing/Invisible Man Bottler Brown

Steve.r
15th March 2011, 16:30
The only problem I thought of was that I have sent some bottles of champagne in my boxes (for a little celebration :coeurtendre:) and if they blow theor tops I might have a soggy bottomed box, good job there was plenty of tap on it.

subseastu
15th March 2011, 17:24
I was going to put some cans of bass and pedi in but was unsure about incase any of the explode or get crushed.

subseastu
15th March 2011, 17:25
Stu, i paid £120 for both of mine :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bloody hell!! that is a really good deal Steve, nice one

Dedworth
15th March 2011, 17:28
The only problem I thought of was that I have sent some bottles of champagne in my boxes (for a little celebration :coeurtendre:) and if they blow theor tops I might have a soggy bottomed box, good job there was plenty of tap on it.

My wife sends bottles of wine, wrapped in bubble, taped and polybagged - touch wood no breakages so far. If you need to restock with Champagne check your local CoOp - ours is knocking it out at £9 a bottle, lots of wine with £3 & £4 stickers on they are having a warehouse clearout

Steve.r
15th March 2011, 20:10
My wife sends bottles of wine, wrapped in bubble, taped and polybagged - touch wood no breakages so far. If you need to restock with Champagne check your local CoOp - ours is knocking it out at £9 a bottle, lots of wine with £3 & £4 stickers on they are having a warehouse clearout

Cool, might get some for the next boxes. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

@Stu I think my boxes were slighty smaller than yours, but it was a great deal, and at that price, if they arrive intact, I'll use them again :)