View Full Version : Top 25 Hotels in the World

raynaputi
8th March 2011, 04:40
Now who would have money to stay in these hotels?:rolleyes:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice

Terpe
8th March 2011, 09:58
Yes, I stayed in one of them. The Taj Lake Palace Udaipur :xxgrinning--00xx3:

It really is right in the middle of a lake. A huge place, virtually all marble.

I remember we had a really grand dinner celebration on a luxury boat on the lake. Wonderful memories. :)

I did some work with Tata Company in India who own (well used to) all the Taj hotels. Got Taj hotel accomodation at very special rates. :rolleyes:

Now this has got to be the most romantic hotel setting is the world.

KeithD
8th March 2011, 10:13
I don't see Motel Grubby or Pontins on the list :cwm24:

Englishman2010
8th March 2011, 11:11
I haven't stayed at any on the list.

I noticed the Adelphi in Liverpool isn't on the list. It's the only hotel I've stayed at where they knock on your door at 11pm and ask if you have a girl in there, if you say no, they ask you if you'd like one:icon_lol:

Terpe
8th March 2011, 11:44
I haven't stayed at Banyan Tree Mayakoba (Mexico), but I did stay for 10 days at the Banyan Tree in Laguna Resort Phuket. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Alone again :bigcry:

Couldn't find the Travelodge Northampton in the list. Wonderful breakfasts served at the Little Chef just next door.:D
Just a stroll over the dual carriage way you can enjoy a fine dining experience at TGI Friday's. :D
Uninterrupted views of the A45 :doh

scott&ligaya
8th March 2011, 12:16
Shangrila hotel group used to be one of my clients.. three years ago as part of a bench marking exercise i had to "mystery guest" stay at several amazing competitor resoets throughout SE Asia including the Samaya featured on the list at number 21. it was very well run and superbly presented. I personally like Banyan resorts and was able to stay at the Shangrila at Mactan Cebu which is a preety cool hotel/resort

Ako Si Jamie
11th March 2011, 22:07
Where's the Travelodge in Burton? :Erm:

Rosie1958
12th March 2011, 06:39
I haven't stayed at Banyan Tree Mayakoba (Mexico), but I did stay for 10 days at the Banyan Tree in Laguna Resort Phuket. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Alone again :bigcry:

Couldn't find the Travelodge Northampton in the list. Wonderful breakfasts served at the Little Chef just next door.:D
Just a stroll over the dual carriage way you can enjoy a fine dining experience at TGI Friday's. :D
Uninterrupted views of the A45 :doh

Well, what a coincidence ......... I have also stayed at the Banyan Tree in Phuket AND been to the Little Chef on the A45 in near Northamptonshire! The Banyan Tree was wonderful and their champagne breakfasts served on the terrace are out of this world :hubbahubba:

stevewool
12th March 2011, 09:44
i must have been a lucky boy i have stayed in all off those before. in my dreams :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:, i have stayed in some great places but again i must say its who you are with and not the place that matters:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
12th March 2011, 18:44
Well, what a coincidence ......... I have also stayed at the Banyan Tree in Phuket AND been to the Little Chef on the A45 in near Northamptonshire! The Banyan Tree was wonderful and their champagne breakfasts served on the terrace are out of this world :hubbahubba:

:icon_lol::icon_lol:
Yes Rosie what a coincidence, and we were both employed in the same wonderful Govt Dept !! he he

No champagne breakfasts at the Little Chef.:NoNo:

I really enjoyed the Laguna resort area, it was fairly quite when I was there, but one of those places that make you feel even more lonely if you have no-one to share the experience with.
Maybe I was that sad guy at breakfast pretending to read the newspaper:)

Rosie1958
13th March 2011, 09:49
............... I really enjoyed the Laguna resort area, it was fairly quite when I was there, but one of those places that make you feel even more lonely if you have no-one to share the experience with.
Maybe I was that sad guy at breakfast pretending to read the newspaper:)

Hey Terpe, you must have been the guy I saw reading his newspaper upside down! :ReadIt: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

filipinogirl
19th April 2011, 13:54
Quite out of (http://www.valueslim.com/food) reach most of these, but hey a girl can dream. :)

grahamw48
19th April 2011, 22:56
I've stayed at the Travelodge Northampton too.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Was up most of the night because there was a fire in the kitchens...stood outside in my jimjams ! :NoNo:

I was on my way to the Phils. :rolleyes: