PDA

View Full Version : Hearing Problems

mickcant
7th March 2011, 22:50
Hi all,:Wave:
Just a note to say about my pair of hearing aids that I was supplied with at our NHS Hospital today.

I had not even considered asking through my GP about a NHS hearing Aid as I thought they were outdated and were the size of a house brick strapped on your head, and took a very long time to get anyhow.

I was tested at two High St outlets and was very worried about the cost I would need to pay, around £1,500 I even asked one shop if I could get any financial help from the Health Service and they said no.:bigcry:

So after asking my Dr and in due course having a test there I was referred to our local hospital hearing department, who also confirmed I could do with parts of my hearing range being boosted, they took impressions of the inside of my ears and booked me another appointment for today 7th March.

After some more test the new units were fine tuned to suite me and I was advised to wear them all day to enable me to get used to them.

What a difference, I am hearing things I have forgot about, and listening to TV is much improved!
I now punch the keys on the computer keyboard softer hearing that I was bashing them.

So if anyone has worries about their hearing, don’t wait like me get tested and things will improve!
Mick.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
7th March 2011, 23:40
what

KeithD
8th March 2011, 00:03
what

...about 3:15 :Erm:

Dedworth
8th March 2011, 01:14
Good news and a cautionary heads up about the High St rip off merchants

Terpe
8th March 2011, 08:51
Sounds like they already made positive effect on your everyday life.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
8th March 2011, 14:13
Sounds like they already made positive effect on your everyday life. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... hear? ... Hear!!

mickcant
8th March 2011, 14:22
Sounds like they already made positive effect on your everyday life.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

And a plus could be, if I had somone nagging me, :76::76:

I could turn them off and just nod in agreement:xxgrinning--00xx3:
mick.:)

Terpe
8th March 2011, 14:35
And a plus could be, if I had somone nagging me, :76::76:

I could turn them off and just nod in agreement:xxgrinning--00xx3:
mick.:)

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

jimeve
8th March 2011, 15:46
Hi mick, I have just had a hearing test and the results were not good. they have booked me in for an operation to close a ruptured ear drum, which is giving me vertigo and chronic Tinnitus. kept wondering why i kept bumping into things and hearing weird noises :icon_lol:

johncar54
8th March 2011, 15:47
A note of warning.

I have a hearing loss as a result of firearms training (fortunately I get a tax free allowance)

I tried hearing aids from a well established centre. They were I believe around £2,000, top end quality.

For several months I went back every week and had them re-tuned. After that period I got the money refunded as they did do what I wanted.

My problem was not being being able to hear when there was background noise, such as in a bar or restaurant. The hearing aids failed to achieve that.

jimeve
8th March 2011, 16:01
My problem was not being being able to hear when there was background noise, such as in a bar or restaurant. The hearing aids failed to achieve that.

Same as me John, not hearing when there is background noise. The Tinnitus is the background noise for me. when in a bar or restaurant trying to listen in its imposable.

kevinbrown10
18th April 2011, 13:03
Hmm... Mickcant, that is really great that you has the positive effect of hearing ads. Jimeve what does your audiologist say about your problem? can you tell me?:Hellooo: