PDA

View Full Version : Why do ''MALE'' avoid doctors??

sars_notd_virus
7th March 2011, 14:45
Its been tested twice ..my husband got ill in the Philippines becoz of his malaria tablets, and I asked if i can take him to the doctors and the reply is''NO..i'll be fine Hun''..:rolleyes:
now,he caught a stomach flu and I asked again if he wants me to bring him to the doctor and obviously the answer is ''NO,it will go away Hunnie'':rolleyes:...:doh
I've always been a persuasive partner and always tell him that he will be fine when the doctor sees him and prescribe the right medicine so he feel more better quickly ..
add to that,.. the special care of a loving wife will be a great help on the way to quick recovery...:heartshape1::heartshape1:

so, are most male dont feel comfortable talking about health issues???
do men find it awkward to talk about something sensitive or allow any check up of private parts??
do men wait till they are ''properly ill'' before they see their doctor??

bornatbirth
7th March 2011, 14:54
maybe he had his privates checked the last time he went to the doctors and hasnt been back since :icon_lol:

my wife wants to get medicine at the start of a sniffle....i dont have a problem with going :D

gWaPito
7th March 2011, 14:57
Not me Sars. Im a great believer in preventive maintenance, that's me included. Im sick, I can't work, no work, no money. Sensible guy, me:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
7th March 2011, 15:01
oh keith is like that too mari!!!:doh and me being so persuasive to the point of having a :bigcry: coz of worrying didn't help either! :NoNo: I even contacted Doc Alan just so my worries would lessen! :D

Steve.r
7th March 2011, 15:59
Maybe a 'male pride' thing, not wanting to look to be weak. I must admit, I don't go unless the itch gets so bad I cant......... Oops!!! :doh .... anyway... get him to the doc's he should know better!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
7th March 2011, 16:02
I have a fear of rubber gloves :laugher:

grahamw48
7th March 2011, 17:41
No-one likes their privates being laughed at. :cwm3:

Englishman2010
7th March 2011, 18:18
I go to the Dr's if I have to and have something that I'm worried about. However, I usually find that when I'm in the waiting room it's full of people coughing and sneezing and I don't really want to pick up their germs:yikes:

sars_notd_virus
7th March 2011, 18:26
oh keith is like that too mari!!!:doh and me being so persuasive to the point of having a :bigcry: coz of worrying didn't help either! :NoNo:

I think men dont like going to the doctors coz they are quite happy with their wives/gf's to keep an eye on their vital signs:cwm24::D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
7th March 2011, 18:31
do men find it awkward to talk about something sensitive or allow any check up of private parts??

As for me:-
Yes
Yes
Yes

My wife can really nag nag nag and be as persuasive as anyone but still I will not go to see the Doctor.:NoNo:
I would have to be so ill the doctor will come to me :D

I don't really know why. I never think about it.:Erm:

KeithD
7th March 2011, 20:49
I think men dont like going to the doctors coz they are quite happy with their wives/gf's to keep an eye on their vital PARTS:cwm24::D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sounds about right now ;)

Doc Alan
10th March 2011, 19:25
The answer is "Yes" to all of these questions.
Does it matter ? Life expectancy at birth is 4 years less in the UK, and 6 years less in Philippines, for men compared to women. Of course that's partly genetic / hormonal, and partly environmental (occupation, diet, smoking, alcohol consumption and stress ). But other factors may be of significance:-
* About twice the number of men, compared to women, do not regularly visit their doctor in the UK. * Men ( including at least two forum members) have said they don't like GP receptionists. * Many GP practices are still "female-orientated" , for example waiting rooms full of women's magazines, and posters about women's health issues. * 2 out of 5 doctors in the UK are female ( over half of doctors under age 35 are female). * Women tend to be the ones who take their kids to the doctor. *They're also pro-active such as speaking to NHS Direct, or even male cancer help lines on behalf of their sons, partners, or fathers. * Women are more aware of their bodies - breast self examination and looking for skin changes which could indicate cancer. (Breast cancer and skin cancer are both commoner in women than men, but the chances of cure for a woman with one of these cancers is better - many men don't even know they can get breast cancer). * Health is not a topic which interests men individually, in company, or in newspapers and magazines, compared to women.
Thankfully there's evidence that the situation is slowly improving :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Arthur Little
10th March 2011, 19:43
... because we're "BIG *TUMFIES" [*Softies] - that's why!! :icon_lol:

Alan ... being a Glaswegian - like myself - you'll be acquaint with this description!

Arthur Little
10th March 2011, 19:53
... my husband got ill in the Philippines becoz of his malaria tablets, and I asked if i can take him to the doctors and the reply is''NO..i'll be fine Hun''..:rolleyes:

Hmm ... perhaps - again, like me - Dave might've been unsure of how much [cash] he would have to stump-up for treatment (not to mention the cost of medication) in the Phils, Mari. :joke: Of course, not everyone is as (shall I say?) "thrifty" as I am! But then ... I'm a true Scot ... and as they say up here: "Ye cannae :NoNo: tak the breeks (trousers) aff a Heilan'man!" :Kilt:

alanp
10th March 2011, 19:54
i had to go to the doctors the other week to have my hgv medical to renew my licence
he moaned about my weight he then took my blood presure 3 times as he could not beleave the readings when i asked if someting was wrong he said it should be higher as i was over weight. first reading 127 over 73, 133 over 72 cain't remember the 3rd then did a blood sugar test what was normal he could not belive that as well i got a bit pi____ed of with him in the end luckly he did not take my bp then it might of been higher

Arthur Little
10th March 2011, 20:09
"Ye cannae :NoNo: tak the breeks (trousers) aff a Heilan'man!" :Kilt:

:omg: ... WHIT a confession! An' me an Elder o' the Kirk, tae!

stevewool
10th March 2011, 20:14
i find that going to the doctors makes me nervous, i do panick and like many say i have to be realy bad to go, but i am getting batter, i take a book and my ipod and the last few times i have not had time to sit down before i am called, its the waiting that gets me nervous

Doc Alan
10th March 2011, 21:02
... because we're "BIG *TUMFIES" [*Softies] - that's why!! :icon_lol:

Alan ... being a Glaswegian - like myself - you'll be acquaint with this description!
Yes indeed Arthur ! You've summed up my post in one short sentence :icon_lol:.