PDA

View Full Version : Wonders of the Universe

Jamesey
6th March 2011, 21:42
Tonight, BBC2, 9pm. Essential viewing! It's the first in a series of 4 programs. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cool dude Prof Brian Cox will be explaining the beauty and nature of the Universe. If it's anything like his "Wonders of the Solar System", it will be amazing. :D

It's just a shame my HD isn't working..... grrrrrr..... Sky! :furious3::bigcry:

Terpe
6th March 2011, 21:43
Great, thanks for the reminder, I just now set my Sky record. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Just loves these kind of programs :)
Cheers

Englishman2010
6th March 2011, 23:06
Wonderful effects and music:xxgrinning--00xx3:

He's a great presenter, a cool Manc who looks like he'd be more at home at Happy Mondays or Stone Roses gig

Terpe
7th March 2011, 10:33
Wonderful effects and music:xxgrinning--00xx3:

He's a great presenter, a cool Manc who looks like he'd be more at home at Happy Mondays or Stone Roses gig

:icon_lol::icon_lol: Yep. Agree.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I enjoyed it. Nice explanations on 'time arrow' .

Jamesey
14th March 2011, 22:11
The second program in the series was also brilliant. I've had a scientific education, but I've never seen the origin of the elements explained so clearly and dramatically. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Brian Cox is doing a great job. Apart from the brilliance of his series, he comes across so well on chat shows and during interviews, with clear explanations of some difficult questions.

The scientific community could do with a few more like him.

All the girls seem to fancy him too!

Englishman2010
14th March 2011, 22:40
I was reading on the BBC website earlier that he used to be a member of the 90's pop band D-Ream, and he was upset that 118 people complained that the music mix was too loud in the first programme, so BBC engineers have turned it down in the mix for subsequent programmes.

I like the music, it makes the images seem more dramatic.

I absolutely love the series, dramatic camera shots on earth and wonderful CGI of space. We need more TV like this rather than the relentless trashy TV talent shows that occupy prime time TV

Terpe
15th March 2011, 08:55
The second program in the series was also brilliant. I've had a scientific education, but I've never seen the origin of the elements explained so clearly and dramatically. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Brian Cox is doing a great job. Apart from the brilliance of his series, he comes across so well on chat shows and during interviews, with clear explanations of some difficult questions.

The scientific community could do with a few more like him.

All the girls seem to fancy him too!

Agreed. I thought the second program was just exceptional. I watched it twice already and am now attempting to get hold of the script.
Explanation of how the elements are made was great.

I believe the DVD will be released April 4th. That will be a buy for me.

Englishman2010
15th March 2011, 20:47
I can't wait for the 3rd episode on Sunday, this series will definitely be the best thing on TV this year