PDA

View Full Version : The Great Offices of State - The Home Office

Dedworth
4th March 2011, 00:32
The last 20 mins or so are frightening - under Labour in 2006'ish just after the foreign prisoner scandal its revealed that the public were deceived and there were 450000 undecided asylum cases :mad:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00qplfp/The_Great_Offices_of_State_The_Dark_Department/

keithAngel
4th March 2011, 03:57
So that means no desision had been reached or "Pending" :icon_lol: What a fair country we live in:xxgrinning--00xx3: It must be hard to get all the required information from countries that threaten the lives of their Citizens;)

Dedworth
4th March 2011, 08:38
So that means no desision had been reached or "Pending" :icon_lol: What a fair country we live in:xxgrinning--00xx3: It must be hard to get all the required information from countries that threaten the lives of their Citizens;)

A fair country with an inept and irresponsible government that happily welcomed in criminals, terrorists, chancers, wasters and other sundry "scum of the earth".

You're the man on the spot would you care to enlighten us on the Phils policy on so called "asylum seekers" - are there many there or is it merely a speck on the horizon for the bum boats as they head towards Australia ?

joebloggs
4th March 2011, 12:06
fake asylum seekers, over stayers, illegal immigrants, fake students are one of the main reason visa fees keep increasing and ever more difficult to apply for visas, for our relatives to visit us in the uk and for genunie applicants.

Dedworth
4th March 2011, 12:47
fake asylum seekers, over stayers, illegal immigrants, fake students are one of the main reason visa fees keep increasing and ever more difficult to apply for visas, for our relatives to visit us in the uk and for genunie applicants.

"I'm All Right Jack" in the PI finds it all a bit of a wheeze - he'd change his tune if one of his family was run down by a failed asylum seeker like this wretch

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-12007100

An asylum-seeker who left a girl dying under the wheels of his car when he fled the scene can stay in the UK, two immigration judges have ruled.

Iraqi Kurd Aso Mohammed Ibrahim was jailed for four months after knocking down Amy Houston in Blackburn in 2003.

Her father Paul Houston, from Darwen, told judges last month they had the power to bring his "seven years of hell to an end" by sending Ibrahim to Iraq.

But two senior immigration judges have now ruled he can remain in the UK.

joebloggs
4th March 2011, 14:19
:angry: yet if the girl was a member of the judges family, would he deport him then :action-smiley-081:

its time to change the law or the judges, this is :crazy: :angry:

keithAngel
5th March 2011, 03:49
A fair country with an inept and irresponsible government that happily welcomed in criminals, terrorists, chancers, wasters and other sundry "scum of the earth".

You're the man on the spot would you care to enlighten us on the Phils policy on so called "asylum seekers" - are there many there or is it merely a speck on the horizon for the bum boats as they head towards Australia ?

Out of 450,000 refugees its statisticaly clear there will be a small percetage of criminals,and economic migrants its the price of living in a free society.

I think re the Phils everyone wants to leave so political refugees are thin on the ground The Philipines is not noted as a country with a good rule of law

Joe I dont really get your point re visa fees as the Government made a pretty clear statement that its all about revenue generation not the actual costs evry failed application tourist education is money won by Her Majesty,s tax collector:icon_lol:

Dedworth
5th March 2011, 17:35
Out of 450,000 refugees its statisticaly clear there will be a small percetage of criminals,and economic migrants its the price of living in a free society.

I think re the Phils everyone wants to leave so political refugees are thin on the ground The Philipines is not noted as a country with a good rule of law

More like out of 450000 so called "refugees" there will be a small percentage of genuine asylum seekers.

Have you ever wondered why this tribe of human effluent crosses untold countries before pitching up and claiming asylum in the UK an island on the edge of mainland Europe ?

Also why are so many of them young males who have abandoned their wives and children in "countries that threaten the lives of their Citizens" ?

joebloggs
5th March 2011, 19:19
Joe I dont really get your point re visa fees as the Government made a pretty clear statement that its all about revenue generation not the actual costs evry failed application tourist education is money won by Her Majesty,s tax collector:icon_lol:

who do you think funds the border agency? who pays for the legal aid, who pays for the appeals keith ? for every illegal worker in the uk (many not paying tax or nic) thats one less job for a Brit or dare i say european and if they are not workig they are probably claiming benefits... the tax payer, and those who are forced to pay for the priveilege of marrying a non european are paying twice, keith when you've paid £4,000 in visa fees then you'll see my point :D

Dedworth
5th March 2011, 19:30
and those who are forced to pay for the priveilege of marrying a non european are paying twice, keith when you've paid £4,000 in visa fees then you'll see my point :D

:laugher:

With his biased and blinkered view he never will

gWaPito
5th March 2011, 19:39
Shirt lifting liberals I got no time for them:NoNo:

keithAngel
6th March 2011, 00:58
who do you think funds the border agency? who pays for the legal aid, who pays for the appeals keith ? for every illegal worker in the uk (many not paying tax or nic) thats one less job for a Brit or dare i say european and if they are not workig they are probably claiming benefits... the tax payer, and those who are forced to pay for the priveilege of marrying a non european are paying twice, keith when you've paid £4,000 in visa fees then you'll see my point :D

Illegal imigrants is another issue the OP was about 450,000 asylum cases Normaly an asylum seeker is NOT ALLOWED to work by condition of the Home Office and if you employ an illegal nowadays your looking at £10,000 fine per worker

For me there is a substatial diference between "legal" asylum seekers and "illlegal" economic migrants We Brits as I recall were also great believers in pitching up to a likely bit of real estate with a gun boat or three and not a visa or work permit to be seen:icon_lol:

I agree that unless you think outside the box you will be taxed for your spouse but the UK is now simply about revenue generation and not about fulfilling the needs of her citizens Local Councils act like medieval fiefdoms with there "fixed penalty" obsessions as do the Police :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
6th March 2011, 20:07
Illegal imigrants is another issue the OP was about 450,000 asylum cases Normaly an asylum seeker is NOT ALLOWED to work by condition of the Home Office and if you employ an illegal nowadays your looking at £10,000 fine per worker

For me there is a substatial diference between "legal" asylum seekers and "illlegal" economic migrants We Brits as I recall were also great believers in pitching up to a likely bit of real estate with a gun boat or three and not a visa or work permit to be seen:icon_lol:

I agree that unless you think outside the box you will be taxed for your spouse but the UK is now simply about revenue generation and not about fulfilling the needs of her citizens Local Councils act like medieval fiefdoms with there "fixed penalty" obsessions as do the Police :xxgrinning--00xx3:

your right they are not normally allowed to work, but i think they can apply for permission to work if the HO has taken more than a year to process their app.

an asylum seeker is suppose to claim asylum in the first 'safe' country they get to, but many come indirectly to the UK.

some claim asylum after being in the UK for a length of time (usually when the border agency or cops have caught them)

some claim to be under 18 when their in fact older so thet will not be deported, some claim to be from a country where there are genunie asylum seekers when they are infact from a safe country, some claim to be gay and will be killed in their own country, or try to marry a european lving in the UK so they can stay, or even fake marriages, i could go on and on .. :NoNo:

so how can you tell a genuine asylum seeker from a 'fake' one when they have no proper id or passports ?

this is why there is a back log, open your mind and watch the box keith, watch the news, read forums etc.. :rolleyes:

gWaPito
6th March 2011, 20:39
You been told Keith open your eyes and Read the forum! You will always find a biassed view on here:D you know it makes sense:xxgrinning--00xx3: Joe I will have to disagree on your views that visas are increasingly becoming harder to get :NoNo: you just had a member obtain one in 2nd days, that's just one example.:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

keithAngel
7th March 2011, 01:59
The only way you can KNOW Joe is to do the necarsary work to find out or change your national laws and forbid Asylum:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
7th March 2011, 14:48
With his biased and blinkered view he never will

good point :D

keithAngel
7th March 2011, 15:17
Obviously if you dont like the laws of your country you should vote for the "right" people:icon_lol:

jimeve
7th March 2011, 15:42
Shirt lifting liberals I got no time for them:NoNo:

Barnsley bi-election,lib dems 4th. Its a sign that the micky mouse gov aint working.

keithAngel
7th March 2011, 16:09
Yeah we need ....um...........:cwm24:

jimeve
7th March 2011, 16:16
Yeah we need ....um...........:cwm24:

Miliband... pull us out of this crap... http://edmiliband.org/2011/02/17/572/

On Monday, February 28th, Ed Miliband gave a keynote speech at the launch of the independent Resolution Foundation’s Commission on Living Standards, on what Ed describes as the “Cost of Living Crisis hitting ordinary families across Britain”.