PDA

View Full Version : tax rebate yipppeeeeee

scott&ligaya
1st March 2011, 23:57
wooo hooooo... I finally got round to submitting some old 2008 and 2009 stuf to the HMRC a few weeks back and guess what arrived in my bank today .... £1790 OVERPAID tax :Jump::Jump::Jump: First time I ever got anything from the tax man.... Now here is the question... do I tell my honey?.hehehehehehe

gWaPito
2nd March 2011, 00:09
You won't need to tell him if you got A joint Acc:D. The wife had a similar surprise although note as much. Spend it with relish:D It's yours You earnt it:D

scott&ligaya
2nd March 2011, 00:21
My wife and little ones are in Palawan at the moment so she does not know... think I will put it towards an a 2nd hand diesel automatic Zafira or S max for when she gets back, two little ones plus a nanny if we are successful with the visa application is a handful so it would be cool for her to have her own car :):) major brownie points for me if i do that :icon_lol::icon_lol:

gWaPito
2nd March 2011, 20:22
Major browny points :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
2nd March 2011, 22:05
Congratulations, enjoy spending it:xxgrinning--00xx3:

evo76
4th March 2011, 22:36
Hi Congrats...
Me and my husband are planning to file his 2006-2010 tax rebate application through an agency..but our problem is that we are scared that instead of receiving something we might end up paying HMRC...My husband has been working for so many years now.How did you go about it??? Hope you dont mind me asking.

scott&ligaya
4th March 2011, 22:50
well had my P11D from 2009 but not 2008 and the HMRC kindly provided what employment and tax paid they had on record for bothe 08 and 09, I obtained from my then employer my 2008 P11D and was able to complete the 08 an 09 assessments from the combination of both files. Fairly simple really and as I was an employee for most of the period my employers should have got it right. I am glad they did not LOL

Ako Si Jamie
8th March 2011, 21:20
Get the drinks in Scott! :D

scott&ligaya
8th March 2011, 21:29
I will call you in a minute or two to arrange just that

hehehehe

Arthur Little
9th March 2011, 00:33
Get the drinks in Scott! :D

I will call you in a minute or two to arrange just that

hehehehe

:rolleyes: Guess you two lads already know one another - even although Birmingham is the UK's second-largest city! Congratulations, Scott! :xxgrinning--00xx3: Don't get too drunk, chaps :NoNo: ... especially if you're driving home, Jamie.

As for me ... well, I seem to be paying MORE tax these days. That's what becomes of having a couple of pensions, I suppose! However, I shouldn't complain ... my :olddude:s' pension is going up by all of £8 p.w. as from April 11. :Yippeee:

Ako Si Jamie
11th March 2011, 00:04
We live about two miles apart and don't worry Arthur I hardly ever drive when I'm drinking. If I do, it's usually one and a half and never over two. :xxgrinning--00xx3: