PDA

View Full Version : Mr Angry

Dedworth
1st March 2011, 16:33
Swearing sailor who launched foul-mouthed rants at TV's Question Time is jailed for upsetting neighbours

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1361728/Swearing-sailor-launched-foul-mouthed-rants-TVs-Question-Time-jailed-upsetting-neighbours.html#ixzz1FMXATJll

:laugher:

Pete/London
1st March 2011, 18:03
Well all I can say is its a shame and can sympathise with him about question time.

As its supposedly costs £50,000 a year to jail someone you think they could put the money to better use and buy a remote mobile home to house him in, or, as he was a sailor, maybe find him a light house to look after.:)

johncar54
1st March 2011, 18:14
Having read the account, it would seem they have taken far too long to do anything to protect his neighbours from his disgusting behaviour.

So he was a sailor, for just seven years, but can't see that is any excuse for becoming an offensive drunk.

As for the cost of keeping someone in prison, could that be because they make life so soft for the inmates, with all their Euro rights ?

Should have thrown him in the brig on bread and water.

Dedworth
1st March 2011, 18:22
Having read the account, it would seem they have taken far too long to do anything to protect his neighbours from his disgusting behaviour.

So he was a sailor, for just seven years, but can't see that is any excuse for becoming an offensive drunk.

As for the cost of keeping someone in prison, could that be because they make life so soft for the inmates, with all their Euro rights ?

Should have thrown him in the brig on bread and water.

I'm not condoning what he did but usual inconsistency in sentencing - violent thugs beat someone to within an inch of their lives are often given non custodial sentences. I await with interest to see what the despicable Poppy Burners get if convicted.

Terpe
1st March 2011, 18:50
......usual inconsistency in sentencing

:gp: This was probably not good timing for me to read this story. What a load of :censored: and a complete waste of money. There are so many ways to resolve this situation for the good of all concerned. 14 months and did you see the comment of judge. :doh
Sorry rant over

bornatbirth
2nd March 2011, 14:59
sounds like dedworth.... getting drunk and ranting at the tv/pc :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
2nd March 2011, 15:19
Well all I can say is its a shame and can sympathise with him about question time ...

... :iagree: ...

... maybe find him a light house to look after.:)

... good :idea: ... t'would seem an appropriate habitat for someone with a mouth like a sh:censored:te-house! :D

bornatbirth
2nd March 2011, 15:31
my parents had some neighbours who would get home after the pub and shout at each other...most nights :crazy::crazy:

Arthur Little
2nd March 2011, 15:49
I'm not condoning what he did

Likewise! But ...

... usual inconsistency in sentencing - violent thugs beat someone to within an inch of their lives are often given non custodial sentences.

:gp: ... it's a :crazy: system! And - speaking an individual who worked in a penal setting for many years - this sort of sentencing policy was something I could never fully comprehend. :angry:

johncar54
2nd March 2011, 16:45
Likewise! But ...

:gp: ... it's a :crazy: system! And - speaking an individual who worked in a penal setting for many years - this sort of sentencing policy was something I could never fully comprehend. :angry:

Whilst in theory I agree with you Arthur, but what would do if you were the authority I/C stopping him repeatedly, over and over again annoying his neighbours, or the judge that he was brought before ? When judges don't impose what people consider to be tough enough sentences there are many who jump in to criticise them. It's a catch 22 situation.

Pete/London
2nd March 2011, 17:06
Whilst in theory I agree with you Arthur, but what would do if you were the authority I/C stopping him repeatedly, over and over again annoying his neighbours, or the judge that he was brought before ? When judges don't impose what people consider to be tough enough sentences there are many who jump in to criticise them. It's a catch 22 situation.

One of the things this brings home is the lack of any alternative in the community to take care of this man`s problem. He is just indulging in too much legally available products and cant handle the effects.
Perhaps the drink manufacturers should provide treatment centres for such cases.

The other problem it highlights is the crap building standards of housing that allow noise pollution. I suffered for years the noise coming from a neighbours bedroom until he eventually married and it then went quite:)

There are standards for this as a customer of mine years ago successfully sued the owners of a house converted into leasehold flats for the same problem. My customer was a lawyer and when his complaint was first ignored managed to get an injunction on the property owner and at great expense to the owner all the walls and floors of the 5 flats were soundproofed.

Sorry if it went a bit of subject, its the medication (or drink) :doh

johncar54
2nd March 2011, 17:16
Pete are you being a bit too simplistic here?

He had breached the ASBO order 28 times (and how many times had the authorities been called to him before that and did nothing, and how many times did his neighbour get subjected to his foul behaviour before they complained ? )

I think maybe in this case, with hindsight, if he had got some sensible deterrent punishment long before the breach for the 28th time, he may have curbed his behaviour and saved his neighbours a hell of a lot of problems.

Arthur Little
2nd March 2011, 17:18

I suffered for years the noise coming from a neighbours bedroom until he eventually married and it then went quiet :)

Hmm :rolleyes: ... I'd have thought the "bedroom sounds" - :do_it: - would've been more likely to increase in volume AFTER he got hitched! :cwm24: