PDA

View Full Version : [OLD] English Language Test - UK Border Agency Partners List - Accepted Qualifications

KeithD
27th February 2011, 17:21
Any migrant who wants to enter or remain in the UK as the partner of a British citizen or a person settled here will need to show that they can speak and understand English, by taking an English language test with one of our approved test providers. The term 'partner' means husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried partner, same-sex partner, fiance(e) or proposed civil partner.

The tests will be compulsory for people applying from within the UK, and for visa applicants from overseas.

You can find the list of approved tests and providers attached to this post.

You can also find approved centers in the Philippines HERE (http://www.emdenglish.com/pages/test_centres.php?country=Philippines)

KeithD
27th February 2011, 18:07
IELTS is one of the accepted qualifications. Further information: http://www.ielts.org/pdf/Information_for_Candidates_booklet.pdf

Manila testing centre http://www.ielts.org/test_centre_search/results.aspx?TestCentreID=99df6313-ef49-4bdb-8903-c9d0cbc89a8d

steve monty
27th February 2011, 18:14
hi there keith,

I tried to open the attached thumbnails, but can not seem to open? is there something im doing wrong? Keeps sending me to the sign in page.

KeithD
27th February 2011, 18:31
Do you have the free Adobe Reader installed on your computer? http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/

raynaputi
27th February 2011, 18:52
here is a link where you can do practice tests to prepare for IELTS :D

http://www.britishcouncil.org/philippines-common-take-an-exam-ielts-test-takers-how-can-i-prepare-for-ielts-english-and-exams-resources.htm

steve monty
27th February 2011, 19:10
Do you have the free Adobe Reader installed on your computer? http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/

Yes i do. I downloaded the recent version also. I also wasn't able to open the thumbnails of people's cars on another thread also. :Erm: I thought maybe i don't have sufficient privilages???

KeithD
27th February 2011, 19:52
Nothing to do with privileges, it's your browser settings. Try it in another browser like Opera.

Queenbee
25th March 2011, 07:31
i wonder how much is the score needed for the settement visa.....

joebloggs
25th March 2011, 08:03
i wonder how much is the score needed for the settement visa.....

for Ielts, i think the minimum pass mark is 4 in the listening and speaking sections queenbee.

poss30
26th March 2011, 12:58
not sure what score you need but its a pretty basic test. my fiance did it about 5 weeks ago and i went with her. i could hear her doing the speaking test.1 of the questions was "you go into a supermarket and you cant find the rice.what do you ask the supermarket attendant" her answer "sorry where is the rice". another 1 "you go into a cafe and you want a cup of tea what do you ask" her answer "sorry can i have cup of tea please"

Terpe
26th March 2011, 19:16
not sure what score you need but its a pretty basic test. my fiance did it about 5 weeks ago and i went with her. i could hear her doing the speaking test.1 of the questions was "you go into a supermarket and you cant find the rice.what do you ask the supermarket attendant" her answer "sorry where is the rice". another 1 "you go into a cafe and you want a cup of tea what do you ask" her answer "sorry can i have cup of tea please"

Was that IELTS ? or some other test?

poss30
26th March 2011, 21:41
Was that IELTS ? or some other test?

not sure what its called untill she gets the application back on monday. It was the english language test certificate she needed to apply for settlement visa

poss30
26th March 2011, 22:30
just like to add because it might be help to somebody on here. i stupidly did not know about this test. we paid the visa fee then went to apply online and it asked for this certificate. i called the vfs and they gave me a phone number of a company that does the test.They said we can do reading/writing tomorrow and speaking/listening in 3 weeks.

Only had 10 days to get the application done so i called the vfs again and they gave me another number.They did all 4 parts the next day.problem was when i asked how long for the certificate they said 15 days (working days). Explained my problem to the girl and the english guy running the place must have overheard me.

he said they used to do a fast track so you get the certificate in 5 days but they stopped doing it because they were so busy.He had been trying to get the fast track going again and wanted to use my reason to push them.

it worked. cost me p7500 for certificate and p7500:yikes: for the fast track but it was ready in 5 working days. so if anybody gets in my position they are in the axa life building in makati.(EMD/Study connect) is there name

joebloggs
26th March 2011, 22:55
it was not Ielts then, she would have had to do all 4 parts in one go and it would take most of a day..

poss30
26th March 2011, 23:00
she did all 4 parts i was sat bored for 5 hours.1st company they gave me number for would only do reading/writing next day but listening/speaking in 3 weeks time. 2nd company did all 4 parts next day.we couldnt apply for visa without it

poss30
26th March 2011, 23:08
not sure if that is the IELTS but it was the certificate she needed to apply for fiance/settlement visa. had to do reading/writing/listening & speaking

sleepy17
30th March 2011, 18:58
thanks for the info sir. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ynwa
4th April 2011, 11:26
The Test for Settlement visa is called TOEIC. Test of English for International Communication. It is composed of Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. Listening and Reading has a separate schedule from Writing and Speaking. For UK Settlement Visa applicants, Hopkins International Partners, Inc. is the sole provider and authorize to conduct the TOEIC by the British Embassy in the Philippines.

Terpe
4th April 2011, 14:25
The Test for Settlement visa is called TOEIC. Test of English for International Communication. It is composed of Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. Listening and Reading has a separate schedule from Writing and Speaking. For UK Settlement Visa applicants, Hopkins International Partners, Inc. is the sole provider and authorize to conduct the TOEIC by the British Embassy in the Philippines.

Any test that meets the level A1 of European Framework for Listening and Reading is acceptable to UKBA for visa purposes.

lykayu01
25th September 2011, 17:46
Is HOPKINS still part of the new list for english test centers for visa application requirements????Is there anyone here have had an experience taking up TOEIC Exam at HOPKINS... might be good to read some experience and info's....... ;'):):Erm:

lastlid
25th September 2011, 18:00
Is HOPKINS still part of the new list for english test centers for visa application requirements????Is there anyone here have had an experience taking up TOEIC Exam at HOPKINS... might be good to read some experience and info's....... ;'):):Erm:

My wife took the TOEIC test with Hopkins in Manila in July, after the UKBA had re organised things. She was able to attend a workshop one day and then did the 2 tests the following week. She found them okay. As I did. I had a few chats with them on the phone and found them to be ok.

I would say go ahead and use them......:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lykayu01
27th September 2011, 14:05
thanks lastlid....... would still be need more info's and guide's as im still just on a starting process

lastlid
27th September 2011, 16:25
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/new-approved-english-tests.pdf

Hi lykayu. The above is the link of approved test centres currently on the UKBA website. However Hopkins isnt on it, as far as I can see. I dont know if this means that Hopkins is no longer approved. But like I say, only 3 weeks ago my wife submitted her Hopkins TOEIC certificates to the UKBA and all was well as her Spouse visa was approved.

Try emailing Tess at VFS Manila at MariaE@vfsglobal.com as she is the deputy manager there and is pretty prompt at responding.

Also try phoning Hopkins directly on (632) 895-9944; 896-5808

Terpe
27th September 2011, 17:00
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/new-approved-english-tests.pdf

Hi lykayu. The above is the link of approved test centres currently on the UKBA website. However Hopkins isnt on it, as far as I can see. I dont know if this means that Hopkins is no longer approved. But like I say, only 3 weeks ago my wife submitted her Hopkins TOEIC certificates to the UKBA and all was well as her Spouse visa was approved.

Try emailing Tess at VFS Manila at MariaE@vfsglobal.com as she is the deputy manager there and is pretty prompt at responding.

Also try phoning Hopkins directly on (632) 895-9944; 896-5808

Don't panic.

Hopkins is an authorized Test Centre and Philippine representative of ETS.

ETS is an approved and listed provider and awarding body for UKBA

Take a look here (http://www.ets.org/epn_directory) and enter Philippines in the drop down menu

Don't expect too much from VFS as it may not be possible for them to comment (or even know) all the test centres that are acting on behalf of approved providers.

ynwa
30th September 2011, 12:55
Is HOPKINS still part of the new list for english test centers for visa application requirements????Is there anyone here have had an experience taking up TOEIC Exam at HOPKINS... might be good to read some experience and info's....... ;')

Hi Lykayu01
I took my TOEIC last May through Hopkins. They are superb! No worries its very basic. You can visit their website and print a practice test off them. One thing, they are very accessible as they accept online application. I was based in Bohol so I got my speaking and writting in Makati and after a week got the listening and reading in Cebu. I got 4 results at the end of May.

lykayu01
3rd October 2011, 06:56
Mmm just really curious about hopkins and wish they are still on the list of Ukba up to end of this year.... Thanks for everyone who replied.,,, more infos about spouse visa would mean a lot in my preparation....tnx'

lykayu01
10th October 2011, 11:52
Been a good day went to vfs while ago forgetting the checklist and to adk loads of questions happy everything has been answered.... Yup!!!! Hopkins in makati is still on list of examination center!!!! Soon be taking that test... Maybe by december or so.....;)

ynwa
10th October 2011, 13:28
best of luck. you can make with for sure :)

lastlid
10th October 2011, 13:31
Is there anyone here have had an experience taking up TOEIC Exam at HOPKINS... might be good to read some experience and info's....... ;')

Yes. My wife took her tests there. She did the package with workshop day included. Took 2 visits. They were very good. I spoke to them on the phone several times. I was impressed with them.

lykayu01
10th October 2011, 14:57
Thanks lastlid and ynwa well there more to go and much stressful... Hehe but i hope everything goes well... I know God is Good :) more questions to go soon i just hope you would all help me incase... Thanks again!!!!!:Hellooo:

lykayu01
23rd October 2011, 04:45
Hi everyone just a question... Is it right that i planned to take the exam a1 at hopkins by January 2012 if we plan to apply for spousal visa by March 2012??? Is it too early or just right? Thanks!!!:Hellooo::Hellooo:

Terpe
23rd October 2011, 06:42
Hi everyone just a question... Is it right that i planned to take the exam a1 at hopkins by January 2012 if we plan to apply for spousal visa by March 2012??? Is it too early or just right? Thanks!!!:Hellooo::Hellooo:

That's absolutely fine lykayu :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
23rd October 2011, 17:09
Its all confusing to me. Which test does my wife have to take guys to come here?

lastlid
24th October 2011, 10:28
Its all confusing to me. Which test does my wife have to take guys to come here?
It certainly is confusing. As there appears to be several test types and several test providers.

If your wife is near Manila then Hopkins in Makati and the TOEIC test is fine. I say that as my wife took it there and it worked well. But if, as I suspect, your wife is from another island then it will possibly be a different test center and probably a different test.

Terpe
24th October 2011, 10:47

Andy
see the English language page (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/fiancee-proposed-cp/documents/english-language) and then review the UKBA List of Approved English Language Tests (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/new-approved-english-tests.pdf)

You'll probably need to start by reviewing the links/websites of those providers who have test centers in the area near to where you your wife.
Once you find a test centre then you can decide which of the tests being offered is most suitable.

Happy reading

tboy555
24th October 2011, 13:56
we are in the bizarre situation as follows - fiancee took english test at EMD in Manila end March - applied and got fiancee visa end May, married in uk last week, supposed to be filing flr this week but it seems we cannot as they have removed emd from the list.
We had both assumed that as we had passed a recognised test which had been through ukba approval process in past 6 months, this would be fine for flr within fiancee visa timeframe (6 months of visa issuance) - which we had until now been happy to comply with.
After several calls to Croydon PEO we have had to give up our appt while my wife is registered to take two tests this week in the hope that one of them can get us the results before her visa runs out on Nov 22. We are now scheduled to go to Belfast (!) on Nov 11, so hope we can get the test results back by then.
In my opinion this is outrageous behaviour by UKBA - I am tracking my costs, and intend to sit down with my solicitor when it is all over and challenge the validity of their process.
The whole thing stinks. rather than enjoying and settling into married life we have to rush round just becuase UKBA change the goalposts as some of their 'selected' testers arent giving them enough kickbacks.

lastlid
24th October 2011, 14:35
I agree. It is a complete farce with the language tests. They should waive those that took and passed the tests prior to the changes in June / July. The whole language test thing is fraught with insaneness from many angles.

There was a lady on this site who has a degree in English (from the Philippines) and still had to take the language test for her visa. How stupid.

andy222
26th October 2011, 22:46
Ok thanks for the advice guys. My wife will probably take the test in davao so I will do some research.

yanghwa
30th October 2011, 14:52
Ok thanks favor the advice guys. My wife will probably take the test in davao so I will do some research.

hello andy, if you dont mind, do you have an idea where in davao to take a english test? :)

andy222
2nd November 2011, 17:14
Sorry for the delay answering yanghwa bust at work. My wife has a choice of davao and cagayan. I will give you the link to where they take the tests in davao. http://www.britishcouncil.org/philippines-exams-ielts-agents-profile.pdf. Hope this helps.

yanghwa
3rd November 2011, 16:24
Sorry for the delay answering yanghwa bust at work. My wife has a choice of davao and cagayan. I will give you the link to where they take the tests in davao. http://www.britishcouncil.org/philippines-exams-ielts-agents-profile.pdf. Hope this helps.

thank you very much andy22, God Bless.......

andy222
3rd November 2011, 17:21
No worries yanghwa I hope everything goes well for you.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

elve_page
30th November 2011, 15:30
Me too im planning to take the exam by on next year. i hope someone will post about there experience taking up the exam in Makati and some clue about the exams.

lastlid
30th November 2011, 15:34
My wife took hers in Makati. What do you need to know?

If you can, do the one day workshop first, which gives you experience of the actual test. It costs just a little more but is worth it. Also, they give you some practice papers to do.

On the other hand you can also get some practice papers from the internet. Is it Hopkins Makati that you are taking the test with?

elve_page
30th November 2011, 15:41
we are in the bizarre situation as follows - fiancee took english test at EMD in Manila end March - applied and got fiancee visa end May, married in uk last week, supposed to be filing flr this week but it seems we cannot as they have removed emd from the list.
We had both assumed that as we had passed a recognised test which had been through ukba approval process in past 6 months, this would be fine for flr within fiancee visa timeframe (6 months of visa issuance) - which we had until now been happy to comply with.
After several calls to Croydon PEO we have had to give up our appt while my wife is registered to take two tests this week in the hope that one of them can get us the results before her visa runs out on Nov 22. We are now scheduled to go to Belfast (!) on Nov 11, so hope we can get the test results back by then.
In my opinion this is outrageous behaviour by UKBA - I am tracking my costs, and intend to sit down with my solicitor when it is all over and challenge the validity of their process.
The whole thing stinks. rather than enjoying and settling into married life we have to rush round just becuase UKBA change the goalposts as some of their 'selected' testers arent giving them enough kickbacks.

same situation also to mine, i took the exam last 17 of april 2011 in cagayan de oro city and got my passed results after 15 working days. and suddenly they changed the validity of the english exam. so i need to take the exam again by on next year.

lykayu01
30th November 2011, 16:08
My wife took hers in Makati. What do you need to know?

If you can, do the one day workshop first, which gives you experience of the actual test. It costs just a little more but is worth it. Also, they give you some practice papers to do.

On the other hand you can also get some practice papers from the internet. Is it Hopkins Makati that you are taking the test with?

i strongly agree with lastlid as i will take my examination by DEC15 @ Hopkins Makati ;') Goodluck to me also to everyone ;'):Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

barney
6th December 2011, 08:38
Hi everyone! it's been a while since my last post here. I had to come home here in the Phils. to take a new English test, since my previous one became invalid due to the changes in the UKBA policies. Anyway, i took an IELTS last Oct. 22, 2011,got the results Nov. 4..I passed! and so delighted to get a 7.5! My husband will be here Dec. 25, and we're looking forward to go back to UK together. :Wave:

Terpe
6th December 2011, 09:08
Hi everyone! it's been a while since my last post here. I had to come home here in the Phils. to take a new English test, since my previous one became invalid due to the changes in the UKBA policies. Anyway, i took an IELTS last Oct. 22, 2011,got the results Nov. 4..I passed! and so delighted to get a 7.5! My husband will be here Dec. 25, and we're looking forward to go back to UK together. :Wave:

Congratulations on passing. Good score too.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Why didn't you take the test in UK?

barney
7th December 2011, 08:10
I took IELTS under the British council...and i got 7.5! I'm really happy because i had come home just to get this certificate. I applied for FLR 2 weeks after the UKBA changed their accredited test and test providers. The appointment i got with the test providers in UK were really late.But now i'm looking forward to be with my husband again. :Wave:

barney
7th December 2011, 08:20
thanks! yes it was indeed a blessing to get a 7.5, i was praying to get at least 5.
I tried to get appointments from several test providers..but the earliest i got was nov. 11,2011..my visa would expire sept.23. We try to make an appeal but we were advised to just take the exam here and apply for a spouse visa after.

rosa
10th April 2012, 17:55
Very glad I found this thread! We were going to start the online visa app tomorrow but from what I've read it has to be completed within 10 days & it can take a couple of weeks to get the English test certificate.

Thanks for the heads up! Guess we need to wait a little longer.

Rosa.

stevie c
10th April 2012, 18:01
Hi Rosa thats why you have joined the best filipino uk forum around so many knowlegable members on here just keep searching & you will find all the info you need for a succesfull visa application :xxgrinning--00xx3: --

DeltaRomeo
12th April 2012, 21:04
It appears that in January this year the required test requirements changed..

Terpe
12th April 2012, 21:35
It appears that in January this year the required test requirements changed..

The requirements themselves did not change and UKBA still require a pass at level A1

The changes were with to approved providers and associated test centres.
A couple of members got caught out by the changes in between applying for FLR from Fiance visa. Very worry "glitch" that was.

prime
1st May 2012, 05:17
Hi I am confuse pls help me what english language i am going to take for spouse visa IELTS or TOIEC?...do i need to enroll in a review center?.and what english language mostly required in applying for a job there in UK..i'll appreciate if you reply..thanks..cheers:)

Terpe
1st May 2012, 08:48
UKBA requires applicants to pass ANY English Language test that meets or exceeds the A1 level of the European Common framework.
There are a number of different tests that can be taken, and a number of Approved Providers and test-centres but whichever one is chosen it must be shown here on the UKBA approved listing (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/new-approved-english-tests.pdf)

The UKBA further states that,
"In the test, you will need to demonstrate a basic command of English (speaking and listening) at level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference Someone assessed at level A1 can understand and use simple, everyday expressions and very basic phrases.
You will not need to demonstrate your reading and writing skills. The minimum standard that you must meet is in speaking and listening at level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference. "

Please take time to review and understand this link "English language requirement" (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/can-you-apply/english-language)

Most of the various English tests are quite expensive. In the region of about P7000 - P8500

You really need to find a test centre that offers an appropriate approved test, at reasonable cost, close to where you live. Many of these test centres also arrange review classes for those whose self-confidence needs a boost.

Terpe
1st May 2012, 09:00
It may be helpful to read this thread for TOEIC (http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/36297-TOEIC_Hopkins-(A1-level-tests)?highlight=Hopkins)

or this thread for IELTS information (http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/36556-Ielts-questions?highlight=IELTS)

Rory
13th June 2012, 10:57
My wife lives in Cebu and we plan to take her English test at Hopkins in Manila as the test centre at Cebu is not getting good reports. We got married last month, does my wife need to provide any proof that she is married and any anyone just book an appointment, will she need to show marriage certificate? If not what sort of ID will she need to show?
We are just in the process of changing her name on her documents, ie.. Postal ID, Driving License and then passport.

Terpe
13th June 2012, 13:48
My wife lives in Cebu and we plan to take her English test at Hopkins in Manila as the test centre at Cebu is not getting good reports. We got married last month, does my wife need to provide any proof that she is married and any anyone just book an appointment, will she need to show marriage certificate? If not what sort of ID will she need to show?
We are just in the process of changing her name on her documents, ie.. Postal ID, Driving License and then passport.

Rory, basically it make no difference which name is used. However, I've seen it stated here somewhere that the name on the English Language certificate must be the same as that in the passport. Most people use the passport as ID.

Rory
14th June 2012, 00:45
Not got her passport yet and was thinking of getting the english test sorted out as soon as possible, will any ID do?

Will Driving License be ok?

lastlid
14th June 2012, 07:18
Not got her passport yet and was thinking of getting the english test sorted out as soon as possible, will any ID do?

My wife used her passport in her maiden name for I.D. for the Hopkins TOEIC test. And used her maiden name for her Spouse visa application.

But best, maybe, to give Hopkins a call. I phoned them on several occasions from the UK and found them very helpful.

My wife says she thinks that other "valid ID" was also acceptable. Unfortunately she cant remember what exactly is acceptable alternatively.

TOEIC_Hopkins
21st June 2012, 08:43

Hi sir!

If you're wife is planning to take TOEIC in our office, she can already use her new surname given that she'll be using any valid I.D. (passport, driver's license, sss, tin - using her maiden name) plus just present the marriage certificate as well.

songz777
3rd July 2012, 14:10
Hi Can anyone advise me on the booklet I can buy to take with me to Philly in October, I clicked on link and there were quite a few English test books. What one should I purchase?

See link http://www.cambridge.org/gb/elt/catalogue/subject/item382396/IELTS-%28International-English-Language-Testing-System%29/?site_locale=en_GB

Many thanks John

joannet
17th July 2012, 14:48
hi sir were your plce in denbigh cos my fiance also is frm denbigh,and i just want to ask if how you guys process your marriage in the phil,

raynaputi
17th July 2012, 14:56
hi sir were your plce in denbigh cos my fiance also is frm denbigh,and i just want to ask if how you guys process your marriage in the phil,

Cool! :xxgrinning--00xx3: do you have a Facebook account so I can add you? Where in Denbigh does your fiance lives?

webclinician
17th July 2012, 20:23
IELTS is not that hard. The most difficult part will be the communication/interview section.

Don't think about the target grade, just take it and hope for the best.

mark cassidy
17th October 2012, 07:04
i not seen hopkins inc on the new list on embassy site.i will look again

Terpe
17th October 2012, 09:34
i not seen hopkins inc on the new list on embassy site.i will look again

First step, take a look at the UKBA list of approved English Language Tests here (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/new-approved-english-tests.pdf)

Scroll down to page 14 (TOEIC)

Look to the column on the far right and click on the link:-
"For TOEIC in the rest of the world:-
http://www.ets.org/toei

Look to the right hand side and click the link that says Find your local TOEIC representative (http://www.ets.org/epn_directory)

Use the drop down menus to select your location (Philippines) and product (TOEIC)

There you will see Hopkins.
Just follow their website (http://www.hopkins.ph/) to see their test centre locations

louismc44
2nd December 2012, 13:53
Hi
By the way.
I went to that page site where you gave a link too but there is no list of test centres there..
Do you know the list of Acredited English test Centres in the Philippines?
Thank you
Louis

Terpe
2nd December 2012, 14:08
..Hopkins.
Just follow their website (http://www.hopkins.ph/) to see their test centre locations

Click the above link.
Along the top of the page is a tab called Test Centres
Try that.

Or are you looking for some other specific Test?

DAnn
20th March 2013, 16:03
Hi,
I am planning to apply for a fiancee visa soon...do I need to take this test here in Manila? Where and when?

melovesengland
20th March 2013, 16:47
Hi,
I am planning to apply for a fiancee visa soon...do I need to take this test here in Manila? Where and when?

Yes Dann youve got to take an English Test from an approved english test provider by the UKBA as that is one of the main requirement of the app. Have a look on this link for the test providers http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/new-approved-english-tests.pdf and I advise you to browse more threads about English Test in the forum. That'll give you idea when to take it.

dianamaine
1st August 2013, 12:14
hi there this is Diana. I just wanted to know if it's the TOEIC test or IELTS test that I have to take for a spouse visa? Please let me know

raynaputi
1st August 2013, 14:19
hi there this is Diana. I just wanted to know if it's the TOEIC test or IELTS test that I have to take for a spouse visa? Please let me know

You can take any of the two. Both tests are recognised by UKBA.

Bon@23
11th October 2013, 12:22
hi there, I'm planning to take the english test in a few months. I checked the IELTS page I'm just wondering if its the Academic i should take and if the general training literally means training before the test? How do I apply for the test, should it be by call or i should fill up the application form i saw on the page and submit it?
sorry for a lot of questions.. lol :Help1:

Will wait for the response.. thanks everyone :thankyou: