PDA

View Full Version : Coron & Northern Palawan?

Englishman2010
26th February 2011, 12:24
I'm thinking about going to Northern Palawan, possibly Taytay or Coron later in the year, just wondered if anyone has been there and can tell me what there is to do there and if a week is too long.

I went to Puerto Princesa and central Palawan for 5 days last month, it was very nice there, in fact one of my favorite parts of the Phils, but I've seen all I want to see in that part of Palawan now and want to go somewhere else.

stevewool
26th February 2011, 13:14
IAN were ever and how ever long you go to a place if you are with the person of your dreams then a life time is not long enough

Englishman2010
26th February 2011, 15:42
2 X return flights for 10 days next Jan booked with Cebu Pacific, for the bargain price of £58 for both :)

gWaPito
26th February 2011, 17:46
You picked another good one there Englishman. Im sure you will be blown away with the views when the air craft approachs the runway, truely awesome. Much to do and see, we hired a motorcycle through out our stay. Plenty of diving too, mainly U boats. Speaking of which, there is a large contingent of north europeans living there, that must say alot about the place. Still, dont take my word for it, it was reported in the 'planet Philippines' news paper this Jan that Palawan was voted in the top 100 all time world travel destinations, above any other area of The Philippines. Enjoy!

Terpe
26th February 2011, 17:48
Englishman, you certainly enjoy your travels :xxgrinning--00xx3:
More power to you. :)
I've never been to Palawan, but guess what? It's on the list of both my asawa and me.
So I think it won't be long before we get there.

Englishman2010
26th February 2011, 17:56
Thanks guys:xxgrinning--00xx3: Yes I do enjoy my travels, and my attitude now is if I can afford it, I'm going:D There's no point waiting until I retire to see the world, I might not make it that long:icon_lol:

The truth is, my trip for Dec/Jan has cost £400 to get to the Phil's and £60 for me and Elaine to get to Coron, that's not what I would call expensive:icon_lol: OK, I've still got to pay for somewhere to stay in Manila and Coron, plus food and other expenses, but plenty of people spend more than that for a couple of weeks on the Costa del Chav

stevewool
26th February 2011, 18:25
great prices Ian, have to look myself soon make sure we have time to meet up somewhere

Englishman2010
26th February 2011, 18:49
great prices Ian, have to look myself soon make sure we have time to meet up somewhere

It's probably a lot cheaper to meet up somewhere between Leicester and Derby:icon_lol:

I'll be in Manila from 30th DEc till 2nd Jan if you're around then?

stevewool
26th February 2011, 19:09
indeed, not in manila till 3rd jan but we are in the phils till 27th looking at being somewhere else other then manila in those times

Englishman2010
26th February 2011, 19:29
We'll be back in Manila on the 11th, but I will be leaving on the 12th :(

There's some good deals to Coron Island with Cebu Pac if you book now ;) The base fair is about 599 pesos plus taxes...etc

scott&ligaya
27th February 2011, 11:36
Hi Englishman, some buddies of mine in Puerto have mates in Coron who have resorts(local stlye so not high end) and also a couple with dive businesses, if you dive... take a PADI open water course if you do not, well worth it as they have do have great diving there athough mainly famous for their wreck diving as a fleet of 26 Japanese mearchant vessles were sunk there in the war. Let me contact a couple of mates and see if I can get some reccomendations of places to stay. I will get back to you in a few days

Englishman2010
27th February 2011, 11:41
Hi Englishman, some buddies of mine in Puerto have mates in Coron who have resorts(local stlye so not high end) and also a couple with dive businesses, if you dive... take a PADI open water course if you do not, well worth it as they have do have great diving there athough mainly famous for their wreck diving as a fleet of 26 Japanese mearchant vessles were sunk there in the war. Let me contact a couple of mates and see if I can get some reccomendations of places to stay. I will get back to you in a few days

That's great:xxgrinning--00xx3: Would really appreciate it if you can recommend somewhere not too expensive:)

edit: There's no great rush, we won't be going there until Jan 2012

scott&ligaya
27th February 2011, 12:02
there is one Spanish guy who comes to mind, not sure if he still runs his place there though. I noted that you are not going till yr end so as you say no hurry.

Englishman2010
27th February 2011, 12:56
there is one Spanish guy who comes to mind, not sure if he still runs his place there though. I noted that you are not going till yr end so as you say no hurry.

Yeah, no rush, I've got to sort out Borneo and Mindoro in April, and Bicol in Aug first, plenty of time left :)