PDA

View Full Version : If a tree falls over in a desert, will it make a sound?

nigel
25th February 2011, 15:22
The universe cannot exist without our observation of it.

Would you say this is about right? - This life experience is mind... a kind of telepathy... no?

I'm not entirely sure but..?:Erm:

(he don't give up does he? - your voice!:icon_lol:)

stevewool
25th February 2011, 16:14
i did not think there are trees in the desert

nigel
25th February 2011, 17:58
i did not think there are trees in the desert
hahahahaha now that's beside the point!:icon_lol:

How does that joke go?
"I often think about my Grandma, what if she falls over, will she make a sound?"

(horrid joke really...but kind of funny somehow..:icon_lol:)

KeithD
25th February 2011, 18:48
Plenty of trees in the desert. In fact more plant life in Death Valley which reaches 130F, down to below freezing, than you'll find in Birmingham.

The Universe will still be here without your observation, it only ceases to exist for those that havce died.

nigel
25th February 2011, 19:20
The Universe will still be here without your observation, it only ceases to exist for those that have died.
I believe we ARE the universe, a part of it. I believe we are shaping it with our own minds.

The double slit experiment is proof (in my opinion) that our observation of the universe, is what created/creates it! :yikes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSHlp9z3npI&feature=fvst

And yes, things like law of atrraction and solfeggio frequencies do work! :)

KeithD
25th February 2011, 19:22
If the Universe didn't exist first, we wouldn't be here, so it is the Universe observing us, not the other way round.

nigel
26th February 2011, 12:19
I'm convinced that we are the universe, and that everything is connected. We are the universe 'looking at itself' everything I observe, I'm observing myself.. sort of..:rolleyes:

KeithD
26th February 2011, 12:30
Which would mean indivualism doesn't exist :rolleyes: ...as none of us would exist unless you observed us, but you don't observe all of us, so indivual observation of the Universe is not dependent on you solely observing it.