PDA

View Full Version : Cebu Pacific on line booking - problems?

Englishman2010
25th February 2011, 11:02
Has anyone had problems with Cebu Pacific's flight search today?

I've been trying to book a HKG - MNL round trip all morning, the main page loads and allows me to enter my search, but after about 2 or 3 mins the searches die. It's not my PC, I've tried 3 different PC's, and used wireless and LAN connections. I've even run a speedtest to see if my connection speed was the problem, but that has come in at 13.7 Mbps. I've also tried a variety of random departure and destination airports and dates to see if there was a problem with the specific search I entered.

Search engines like Skyscanner are a waste of time, the cheapest they could find was £303, when I managed to find a flight for less than half of that on PAL's website.

purple
25th February 2011, 11:49
It could be that they are updating their website Englishman.. unless they are having a promo and lots of people are accessing it right now. It happens with Cebu Pacific.

You can try booking over the phone by calling their number but it will be long distance. Try again later today.

Terpe
25th February 2011, 12:43
...... unless they are having a promo and lots of people are accessing it right now. It happens with Cebu Pacific..

This happens so so often.
Loads of promo's

Englishman2010
25th February 2011, 12:43
Thanks Purple:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes there is a promotion on at the moment, I'll try again later when all the Pinoys are in bed:icon_lol:

jimeve
25th February 2011, 15:13
Cebu pathetic, I've never got through to complete a booking with them on line and I've tried many a times. I use Philippine air, but I think they are called something else now.

Englishman2010
25th February 2011, 15:45
I've never had a problem before. I prefer Philippine Airlines overall service, but quite often Cebu are a lot cheaper. PAL want £160 for a HKG - MNL round trip on the dates I want, whereas Cebu are around £80 for the same dates

stevewool
25th February 2011, 16:13
big differance that is Ian, so many more drinks to cool you down while there with what you could save

Englishman2010
25th February 2011, 17:19
big differance that is Ian, so many more drinks to cool you down while there with what you could save

It is, it's worth giving up on the free cup of coffee and bag of savory biscuits to save £80:xxgrinning--00xx3:

worthingmale
25th February 2011, 17:54
I would never fly with cebu ever again, every flight I took was late.

Englishman2010
25th February 2011, 19:59
I would never fly with cebu ever again, every flight I took was late.

Never had any problems with them, I've flown round trips from Manila to Singapore, Manila to Tagbilaran and Manila to Kalibo with them and every one has been on time. PAL on the other hand have been late more times than they've been on time. It's just one of those things, I always expect to be delayed when I fly, so if I'm not it's a bonus :D

steve monty
25th February 2011, 22:40
I have always had problems booking with Cebu Pacific online Ian, I can always get to the card details part and it fails everytime, even tried different credit cards. :cwm23::furious3: This has happened on many occasions throughout the years. Now I get mahal to book the tickets from their offices there. I know this might be a long shot, but do you know anyone who could get the tickets for you from an agent there? Is this for your next trip? if not could get elaine or family to pick up for you and get them when you are there.

On reliability issues, generally Cebu Pacific have always been on time. i have only once had a problem with Cebu Pacific where they cancelled my flight and put me on the next one. would have been ok if it wasn't before my flight home! I rang up Cathay Pacific to say what i can do? they said if i can get to check in 1 hour before flight they will accept me. i got there 40 minutes before the flight and got put in business class. thats why i will always praise CP as they have always sorted me out. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
25th February 2011, 22:45
I have always had problems booking with Cebu Pacific online Ian, I can always get to the card details part and it fails everytime, even tried different credit cards. :cwm23::furious3: This has happened on many occasions throughout the years. Now I get mahal to book the tickets from their offices there. I know this might be a long shot, but do you know anyone who could get the tickets for you from an agent there? Is this for your next trip? if not could get elaine or family to pick up for you and get them when you are there.

On reliability issues, generally Cebu Pacific have always been on time. i have only once had a problem with Cebu Pacific where they cancelled my flight and put me on the next one. would have been ok if it wasn't before my flight home! I rang up Cathay Pacific to say what i can do? they said if i can get to check in 1 hour before flight they will accept me. i got there 40 minutes before the flight and got put in business class. thats why i will always praise CP as they have always sorted me out. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I've heard that before about Cebu's booking, but I've never encountered that myself. Good result with your upgrade on Cathay:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
26th February 2011, 11:54
sorted now, HKG - MNL round trip booked, total cost £74.85, I'll settle for that:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
26th February 2011, 12:02
sorted now, HKG - MNL round trip booked, total cost £74.85, I'll settle for that:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:) Well done, now that looks like a great deal :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
26th February 2011, 12:21
:) Well done, now that looks like a great deal :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Quite pleased with that, now to sort out another trip to either Palawan or Coron?

steve monty
26th February 2011, 14:02

Great to hear!! How did you manage to do it? were you able to book online using Cebu Pacific website?

Englishman2010
26th February 2011, 14:07
Great to hear!! How did you manage to do it? were you able to book online using Cebu Pacific website?

Yes, their website was fine today, no problems finding flight schedules or paying with my card. I think it was just slow yesterday due to their current promotion which ends today, I must have caught the mad rush of Pinoys at about 5pm Filipino time.

Interestingly, I've just booked a non promotion flight with PAL from Manila to Legazpi in Aug, and a standard ticket was cheaper than a promotion ticket on the same dates with Cebu. Fortunately I always compare prices with both before I book. I should perhaps try some of the other budget carriers too? At least I can top up my Mabuhay miles account with PAL:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
26th February 2011, 15:44
Cebu Pacific's website is definitely Ok again now, just booked a couple of Manila to Coron return flights in Jan 2012 for £58 the pair :)