24th February 2011, 23:04
£3 for two big 660ml bottles in Sainsburys :66:

Arthur Little
24th February 2011, 23:30
£3 for two big 660ml bottles in Sainsburys :66:

C'mon guys, your beer "beck (on) s" ... Cheers! :Beer:

KeithD
25th February 2011, 00:08
I used to drink that stuff by the gallon in the 80's, until I turned to Strongbow.

Dedworth
25th February 2011, 00:19
I used to drink that stuff by the gallon in the 80's, until I turned to Strongbow.

Not wishing to do down English Cider (owned by Heineken) but the Reinheitsgebot ensures there's less ingredients from ICI in the Becks :D

Doc Alan
25th February 2011, 01:45
Why not read and contribute to my thread in the "Health Issues" section ? Cheers !

stevie c
25th February 2011, 10:45

imo you cant beat a nice ice cold pint of strongbow boss strongbow is the only alcoholic drink i tend to buy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
25th February 2011, 14:40
imo you cant beat a nice ice cold pint of strongbow boss strongbow is the only alcoholic drink i tend to buy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

We used to order that stuff with larger 50/50...Called Snake bite.
The drink was actually banned from every pub in our town after about 2 years from becoming popular..

jimeve
25th February 2011, 14:56
The drink was actually banned from every pub in our town after about 2 years from becoming popular..

Some pubs in Bolton also banned snake bite, think it was because it was cloudy.

fred
25th February 2011, 15:14
Some pubs in Bolton also banned snake bite, think it was because it was cloudy.

In our to town it was more to do with a red mist Jim!!

Arthur Little
25th February 2011, 17:34
Why not read and contribute to my thread in the "Health Issues" section ? Cheers !

:gp:, Alan ... it's the same with my penchant for word-play wisecracks - like the one above - very few ever bother to comment!

BTW ... I invariably make a point of [I] reading your threads on "Health Issues" - even if I don't always contribute - so :please: keep 'em coming ... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
25th February 2011, 19:17

yeah i have had snakebite on many occasions used to have it with a dash of blackcurrant :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
1st March 2011, 08:51
After watching this...Ive gone right off of Cider now.. :icon_lol:

http://videos.sapo.pt/46H7EmOPmH01O9PQA3yT

Dedworth
1st March 2011, 10:33

I must have missed the Govt Health Warning at the start and finish of that video :D

Englishman2010
1st March 2011, 11:43

In the mid 80's some of the lads in my local used to drink a pint of snakebite with a Pernod and black in it. It was called a 'Wrecker' for obvious reasons.

A variation on the above was a 'Green Nasty' - pint of snakebit with a Creme de Menthe in it:crazy:

Pete/London
1st March 2011, 13:52

I used to work under an alcoholic in the late 1960s and he used to drag me along to a cider house around Mansion House in the City for what always turned into a long lunch break. Those drinkers in the video reminded of them, cant remember if it was just rough cider or scrumpy but their looks seemed to change after they sank a couple of pints. i just used to have my light ale and ploughmans and be glad to leave them to it.:cwm3:

fred
1st March 2011, 14:10
I used to work under an alcoholic in the late 1960s and he used to drag me along to a cider house around Mansion House in the City for what always turned into a long lunch break. Those drinkers in the video reminded of them, cant remember if it was just rough cider or scrumpy but their looks seemed to change after they sank a couple of pints. i just used to have my light ale and ploughmans and be glad to leave them to it.:cwm3:

Im not surprised Pete...
The old guy in the video has obviously been at it for years.. Imagine taking out your false eye and dropping it in your pint of cider whilst you take a leak simply to put off the locals from nicking it!!
Not to mention the nutter that jumped from a bridge and lost his leg to a train hitting him..
The last scene shows him dring Cider from his false leg!!
They had to be brain dead even before Cider....Surely!! :crazy: