PDA

View Full Version : help!!!!

emmscrow
24th February 2011, 12:05
Im confused about English Language Test. How does it work? Do I have to attend in school? How long do I have to attend in school before the exam and how much it cost? Sorry don't really have idea. Help me pls...thank you.

Terpe
24th February 2011, 17:24
Im confused about English Language Test. How does it work? Do I have to attend in school? How long do I have to attend in school before the exam and how much it cost? Sorry don't really have idea. Help me pls...thank you.

Sorry not to be able to offer specific experience, but what I can say is :-

How does it work?
Depends on which test you actually take. There are quite a few. Whichever one you do you will need to achieve level A1 which is very basic.
Do I have to attend in school? I guess this all depends on the level of English you have right now and your own self confidence. UKBA are only looking at your listening and speaking level, nothing else.
I would think it's a good idea to spend maybe 1 or 2 days doing a review and some pratice. Can only help you

Costwise it seems to be around P7000 - P8000 for the test alone.

Hope that will help initially, but I strongly suggest you do a search here as there is already a lot of detailed info.

Later, you can recall your experience here and help lots of others. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Good luck

emmscrow
24th February 2011, 19:45
thank you Terpe. I been doing some search online about the UKBA English Test. I found one in Cebu the "Theodolite" and I'm not sure about the school coz i heard lots of bad review but this is school is much closer to where I live than "connect" which has offfice in Manila, Bagiuo, and Cagayan de Oro. Anyway I dont know what kind of English Test to take. I will file spouse visa or settlement visa soon. Can you suggest what English Language test I should take? Thank you so much

Terpe
24th February 2011, 21:11
emmscrow, Yes there have been lots of posts about Theodolite. But, never the less they are approved by EDI (who are approved by UKBA) and as you say close to you.
The cost is the same as anyone else. Why not give them a call. They can advise you which test to take. It's very basic. Cost should be within the range I said.
I don't know if British Council are close to you?
The objective for you is to get that all important piece of paper that will be accepted by UKBA

alanp
24th February 2011, 22:13
hi emmscrow
i thought you were already here in uk living in Bristol if you are then you need not worry unless you are applying for your flr or ilr visa

Dedworth
24th February 2011, 22:40
Reading what Howerd has found out about Theodilite I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/29233-English-Language-Test-in-Cebu?p=275450&highlight=#post275450

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/29381-Has-Anyone-Taken-English-Language-Test-in-Cebu?p=276313&highlight=#post276313

emmscrow
25th February 2011, 11:17
hi alanp yes at the moment im living in Bristol but will be back in Philippines this March. I need to take medical course for me to get a good Job here in UK. I dont want to get my medical course here bec its too expensive and I may not able to concentrate coz my body keep shaking bec of weather...lol

emmscrow
25th February 2011, 11:19
Hi terpe thank you again for the info. I originally live in Leyte thats why Cebu is the closest city for me to take the exam. Is there a British Councel in Cebu? If not then i might flew to Manila.

Terpe
25th February 2011, 12:48
emmscrow, don't know if you have time, but you could always take the test here in UK.

steve monty
25th February 2011, 13:47
hi there emmscrow,

You are able to take the English test in Leyte through the British council, but the dates are every 3 months and it doesn't say where in Leyte. If you write British council Philippines in a search engine, it will take you to the opening page where there is a link to where the test dates and locations are.

On a personal note, my wife has just applied to do the English test and a review course in CDO. the review course is 3 weeks, 2 hours a day monday to friday for 4,500php. The test cost there was 8,460php. This was not with study connect but with another company on the British council website. i hope this helps.

joebloggs
25th February 2011, 14:26
hi alanp yes at the moment im living in Bristol but will be back in Philippines this March. I need to take medical course for me to get a good Job here in UK. I dont want to get my medical course here bec its too expensive and I may not able to concentrate coz my body keep shaking bec of weather...lol

what visa do you have to be in the uk emmscrow ? and what medical course are you planning to do ?

Josieyam65
25th February 2011, 14:38
Hello emmscrow,
I took the english test last month in Theodolite Training. Its because its the only approved test provider here in Cebu. I dont mind the bad reviews as long as its the approved test provider listed in VFS.
If youre in the UK right now, then, you dont have problem in taking the test and you dont need the review course.

Ladybug_sim
25th February 2011, 15:31
Hi! emmscrow, want to add some idea for taking English Language Test. Just went to the Studyconnect office here in CDO lately to have some information on it. Yes, they are the one credited to the UKBA and handling A1 test. The payment is only 7,500.00 deposited to the BPI bank. If you take the exam you need to bring 2 pcs. 2x2 passport ID size, passport copy and the receipt of the payment.

Then you need to get the schedule of the exam coz they only accept one day exam for only 3 to 4 person after that you need to wait for the next day mean just be sure to have a schedule on it.

Wish to know some too so gonna go together there for the exam. As what i know you are in Bristol so soon we meet there i hope :xxgrinning--00xx3:

They have a review center handling on it too for 2,000.00 but not sure if im go for the review still we will see and if i have some more information i will share it here.

Good luck to everyone who are taking the exam... :heartshape1:

emmscrow
25th February 2011, 16:35
:Wave:hi joebloggs, im planning to apply spouse/settlement visa after my short course. I'm not sure yet what course i'm going to enroll this May. Me and hubby will visit care homes by the 2nd week of March ask what will the best course for me.

emmscrow
25th February 2011, 16:38
:Wave:Josieyam65 thank you for the info. Yeah i heard that theodolite still approve from UKBA just have doubt because of bad reviews. I would love to take the exam in Cebu but maybe I will search on British Council Web or contact British Council and ask which school is good. Thank you and nice to met you.:)

emmscrow
25th February 2011, 16:41
:Wave::Hellooo::) steve monty thank you for the info. Yeah i think CDO have more opportunity for Filipinos taking English Language Test. CDO is far from Leyte i hope your wife is still in CDO if i decide to take the exam there so i have friend. Anyway, hope your wife pass the exam:):xxgrinning--00xx3:

emmscrow
25th February 2011, 16:45
:Hellooo: Ladybug_sim thank you for the info. Im glad you would like to met me soon here in Bristol. Im not sure if I will take my exam in CDO i never been to your place. If your still in CDO after I decide where to take my test that would be great. When do you plan to take the exam? Me not sure yet as I'm going to do some course first so when i return to UK i will able to get a good Job. Nice to met you Ladybug_sim. Will add you ok? :Wave::)