PDA

View Full Version : do they eat dog in the philipines?

bornatbirth
3rd April 2007, 22:54
i saw a tv programme the other week on the dog meat trade in the philipines,i really wasnt aware of this! and they seem such nice freindly people lol.

but the dogs they are eating(who ever is eating dog meat)are skinny mongrels and some people sold there dogs:doh ,all the dogs i saw didnt have much meat on them.
And they all remind me of santas little helper(the dog in the simspons)some how i cant thing of eating him!

but is that right they have a dog meat trade there?

baboyako
3rd April 2007, 23:07
I think in baguio and places there is a 'trade', but really.. if a dog is run over by a truck anywhere in the phil, someone would butcher it & cook it up.

I think to say it was a 'trade' is a bit extreme. In the phil, if they see a snake in the garden they will run outside & 1hr later its snake adobo.. they don't just breed dogs to eat (like the koreans :NoNo:) in the phil.

now a question: why are there no stray dogs in london? :Rasp: :xxgrinning--00xx3::Erm: yum yum

bornatbirth
3rd April 2007, 23:41
no stray dogs BUT plenty homeless people:Erm:

baboyako
3rd April 2007, 23:53
and there will be one one less homeless tomorrow :Hellooo: :cwm24::rolleyes:

no.. seriously.. those guys make £300/day:furious3:

fred
4th April 2007, 00:07
I have eaten dog (didn't know at the time) during one particular drinking session and I must say that it was so bloody delicious that I requested another bowl!

joebloggs
4th April 2007, 00:25
people who eat man's best friend :cwm23:
i've seen some animal cruelty in the phlippines. dogs in little cages, so small they cannot even turn around, even inside the pet shop, a couple of the animals were dead.
where my wife use to live, next door neighbour had a german shepard dog in a cage, the cage was so small the dog could just sit or lay down, it must have been 30ft away from his house, but next to his car, i asked my wife why did he have the dog there, she told me it was guarding his car... poor dog was out most of the time in the cage, even in the burning heat.. i thought about what i could do to his car :Erm:

north koreans will eat dogs,cats and reported to have eaten even human flesh, when your starving most people would :cwm24:

quote from ghandhi "The way that we treat animals measure our greatness
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated"

fred
4th April 2007, 07:38
people who eat man's best friend :cwm23:Like I said Joe..I didn't know..

Anyway, apparently the one I ate was roadkill so at least I don't feel guilty about the poor thing being mistreated..

bornatbirth
4th April 2007, 10:15
have u not noticed how homeless people have mobile phones? never give to them they do it for a living!

getting drunk and eating roadkill stew is not so bad but u did like it,when u watch lassie what do u think about lol

theses guys had a jeepney with a cage in it with all the dogs tied up and stuffed in there alot of them died,these are street dogs why would u want to eat them its like eating rats!

joebloggs
4th April 2007, 10:27
reminds me of my wife telling me they had a pet dog, and one day it vanished, and she sure the neighbours put it in a cooking pot. :omg:

Mich
7th April 2007, 09:07
they eat dogs in the philippines, esp in Baguio City. A friend of mine did. he didnt liked it. He said he liked the taste of cats and snake.

fred
7th April 2007, 11:03
He said he liked the taste of cats and snake.

Bizarre!!
So your friend has eaten Cats and snakes?

klsl_forever
7th April 2007, 18:31
reminds me of my wife telling me they had a pet dog, and one day it vanished, and she sure the neighbours put it in a cooking pot. :omg:

The same happened to my girlfriend's dog. Apparently dognapping is very common in Mindanao.

Her previous dog before that got shot by the PNP after escaping and running amok. The corpse got returned and the brothers sold it.

During my visit the pet rabbit died. I can assure you I never ate it, can't vouch for her brothers though (where's the sick smiley).

Mich
14th April 2007, 03:06
Bizarre!!

yeah he ate cats and snakes already! i ate frogs before. taste good... taste like chicken!

KeithD
14th April 2007, 09:41
:NoNo: Frogs do not taste like chicken, they tast like frog :Brick: . Different species, different proteins, they can't taste the same.

andypaul
14th April 2007, 10:42
When in phill some of the phills found it odd we ate lamb and you could buy kangroo meat in some stores!!

At a resturant near the wifes home town in laguna you can order snake frog as well as all the phill normal ones pork,chicken,squid.

KeithD
14th April 2007, 11:53
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.worth1000.com/entries/64000/64228kQSO_w.jpg

fred
14th April 2007, 22:02
:NoNo: Frogs do not taste like chicken, they tast like frog :Brick: . Different species, different proteins, they can't taste the same.

It must be down to the chicken OXO I used for the gravy then??

mrs j english
15th April 2007, 14:53
Bizarre!!

They that siopao's meat came from cats. :icon_lol:

Mrs Daddy
15th April 2007, 15:05
i saw a tv programme the other week on the dog meat trade in the philipines,i really wasnt aware of this! and they seem such nice freindly people lol.

but the dogs they are eating(who ever is eating dog meat)are skinny mongrels and some people sold there dogs:doh ,all the dogs i saw didnt have much meat on them.
And they all remind me of santas little helper(the dog in the simspons)some how i cant thing of eating him!

yesss...some people in philippines eat dog meat but not majority of the people eat dog meat.even us filipinos finds it cruel but some people really they just wanted to eat dog meat instead of any other kind of meat.but its really not allowed to the philippine government and we`re not tolerating it.:furious3: a dog should be a man`s bestfriend:doh

baboyako
15th April 2007, 15:42
sinigang na mouse :icon_lol:

:vomit-smiley-011:

fred
15th April 2007, 22:03
They that siopao's meat came from cats. :icon_lol:

Indeed!! But be honest..Siopao would never taste the same without an added rat fillet in the mix would it?? .. Di ba?

However..If they told me it was full of chicken then I would still believe them..
Will I ever learn??:doh

KeithD
16th April 2007, 09:10
I've seen women eating dog on videos on the WWW, but strange thing is, they always start with the :icon_tonguew: :cwm24:

fred
16th April 2007, 12:08
I've seen women eating dog on videos on the WWW, but strange thing is, they always start with the :icon_tonguew: :cwm24:

Now that really wants to make me vomit!!
How could she?:D

Mich
16th April 2007, 12:25
there are rumors about cats meat in siopao at one time. but i dont think it is cat's meat! by now, u will see no cats around if it is true.

eljean
16th April 2007, 12:44
there are rumors about cats meat in siopao at one time. but i dont think it is cat's meat! by now, u will see no cats around if it is true.

not really cat meat...for what i have been warned b4 they say is a rat meat:furious3:
p.s i love siopao

Mich
16th April 2007, 12:52
not really cat meat...for what i have been warn b4 they say is a rat meat:furious3:
p.s i love siopao

i love siopao too... rat's meat??? :yikes: yuck!!!!

joebloggs
16th April 2007, 13:37
hey pinoys leave them dogs alone :omg: sounds like a famous song :Erm:

anyone of you pinoys want to come and try get my dog in a cooking pot, your'll welcome to try, my dog been sharpening her teeth for 2 years now since my wife came :icon_lol:

my wife went to the pinoy shop near us buying some little sausages that she use to eat in pinoyland, and the next time we went in the guy who runs it asked her if she liked them, she said no, they didnt taste the same, and he said oh thats becuase they cannot sell the sames ones here, becuase in the philippines there made out of worms :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: , oh shes said she never eat them again...

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
16th April 2007, 19:58
Pork & dog fried rice...yummy :)

bornatbirth
18th April 2007, 13:41
what worms did they use?

u know they put anything in sauages here except meat,so they must use whatever they can get there?

joebloggs
18th April 2007, 18:37
they are little hot dogs red in colour, and in the philippines they are made from earth worms, but they cannot export them to the uk, so instead they make them from pork !!.

i dont know which is worse the PORK or the worm !, as a member of STOP ! ( Save The Opressed Pig) from becoming lechon.

:cwm24:

baboyako
18th April 2007, 19:46
:NoNo: yea you cant get tender juicy here.

joebloggs
6th May 2007, 14:20
baboyako and other dog meat, oh i mean lechon lovers...

tonite on bbc 2 at 7pm , cooking in the danger zone, shows the south koreans making a tasty dog stew and also showing clubbing a baby seal b4 eating it :omg:

:NoNo:

Durden
18th June 2007, 04:12
I believe its a popular dish in Pampanga.

bigtombowski
6th August 2007, 00:38

I SURE HOPE SO

KeithD
7th August 2007, 09:31
You have no wildlife as you've eaten it!!! Mosquito's are next target for the pot :rolleyes:

tommyw
7th August 2007, 12:26
I have eaten many different kinds of meat, snake included, but no dog (yet),
to be honest, it would probably taste similar to all the others as everything is "Sunog", - cremated!!! Medium rare or anything else seems to be almost a sin. lol