PDA

View Full Version : Schegen visa for france

subseastu
20th February 2011, 16:20
Hi all

This has probably been covered before but I can't really find any info about it, so please bear with me.

I want to take the wife to paris for a long weekend but can't really / don't want to do the whole visiting london twice and queing up for hours thing. So looking into it, it seems that there are a few agencies that will do everything for you (at a price obviously) and post your passport back to you. Looks like the turn round is 2-3 weeks for a filipino passport.

It seems that all you need as a spouse of a EU national is the application form, 2 passport pics, both partners passport and original marriage cert.

The thing that confuses me though is some of these agency sites then say that you need to have proof of travel details, hotel booking, proof of financial support, travel insurance, last 3 wage slips etc. There is then another agency (expat explore) that says as a married couple you only need marriage cert, both passports, 3 passport pics, the visa application form and their expenses form. They'll do this for 60 quid which seems a very good price.

I'm just confused as to whats actually required though!!:crazy:

johncar54
20th February 2011, 17:18
Subseastu, I just did a search on 'Schengen visa France' and it came up with a lot of threads. I suggest that would be the fastest way of getting the info you probably require.

stevewool
20th February 2011, 17:25
good luck , yes there are agencies that do it all for you but it did my head in so stopping in this country till xmas then wait a little longer before we go into europe

Terpe
20th February 2011, 17:58
Correct me if I'm wrong somebody, but I believe that a Philippine passport holder MUST apply in PERSON for Schengen visa . :omg:

Now if you're interested in going to Berlin followed by Paris then, correct me if I'm wrong somebody, but a Schengen Visa for Germany can be done by post.:)
Look Here:-
http://www.london.diplo.de/Vertretung/london/en/07/Visa/__Visabestimmungen.html

stevewool
20th February 2011, 18:05
i have been told that terpe about germany, but what gets me is that if you haqve to give dates going and coming back ,some places just give you those dates so how can you travel to another country without applying again

Terpe
20th February 2011, 18:11
i have been told that terpe about germany, but what gets me is that if you haqve to give dates going and coming back ,some places just give you those dates so how can you travel to another country without applying again

Don't know Steve. You may be right.... but we (Carina) got 2 and never had to supply confirmed dates and places etc. Although I do remember something about travel insurance confirmation. It was OK in the end as she gets it free with her bank account.
(No not free sorry, she pays a monthly fee for all the 'free' benefits :D)

stevewool
20th February 2011, 18:17
:icon_lol::icon_lol: correct nothing is free, i tried both wways for the visa paying a agent , i rang and as he said he would offer me the world and i would get it too just had to pay over so much money, then try it on line , insurance, dates, accomadation, and either flights or ferry and so on, yet some say that you can get a visa for so many months too, just seemed so much to do for just a break,

subseastu
20th February 2011, 18:33
Subseastu, I just did a search on 'Schengen visa France' and it came up with a lot of threads. I suggest that would be the fastest way of getting the info you probably require.

Thanks john, did what you said and it did indeed bring up a shed load of threads, ta

subseastu
20th February 2011, 18:40
Thanks everyone for the advise as well

stevewool
20th February 2011, 18:43
if paris dont work out , we could meet up for a picnic at calke:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
20th February 2011, 18:52
if paris dont work out , we could meet up for a picnic at calke:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:Erm:
Where?
We love picnics.

stevewool
20th February 2011, 20:49
calke abbey terpe, a beautiful place to be not that far from myself and infact not far for many to travel from this forum

subseastu
21st February 2011, 18:14

Do you walk down the back of calke by the ponds and resevior steve?

stevewool
21st February 2011, 20:23
yes past the deer park over the weir then round to the carpark down the lane round up past the church then for a cup of tea then i am lost thats where i proposed to emma where the ponds are :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
21st February 2011, 20:25
yes past the deer park over the weir then round to the carpark down the lane round up past the church then for a cup of tea then i am lost thats where i proposed to emma where the ponds are :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Happy days........Happy memories :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
21st February 2011, 20:29
every day is a happy day terpe, what lucky people we are:)

subseastu
22nd February 2011, 08:03

Nice spot. We do something similar though we park up in the carpark in calke village at the top of the res, then walk down the hill, along the res, up the hill round the deer enclosure, then through the wood and back down the hill past the weirs and on past the res again to the carpark. We tend to miss the house out mainly to try to steer the missus away from any shops!!!

Terpe
22nd February 2011, 14:38
................ We tend to miss the house out mainly to try to steer the missus away from any shops!!!

Good strategy. Glad to learn I'm not the only one. :yikes:

stevewool
22nd February 2011, 16:20
yes but mines art night when everywhere is shut , did i say i am a pocher:icon_lol::icon_lol:

subseastu
22nd February 2011, 18:11
That explains the stag horns on the front of the house then:icon_lol:

stevewool
22nd February 2011, 18:37
never found any of those yet