PDA

View Full Version : just another successful spouse visa story

eytch
3rd April 2007, 16:16
Well:Erm: just like the story of every members who applied for their spouse/fiancée visa:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... mine was successful too just this afternoon:Hellooo: :Hellooo: … and just like everyone here who got their visa... I’d like to say thank you to all of you!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3: This site really helped me in preparing my documents… I learned to be organized especially in preparing things (sorting out)… I learned to follow instructions just by reading all your post… I learned to hope and have faith when I needed it most… I learned to laugh when I read some of your post… and especially I learned to be patient (patience is a virtue)… enough of this:Rasp: … let’s all be happy:rolleyes: :rolleyes: … let’s hope and have faith that everything will work out smoothly, just be patient and follow instructions on what’s written on this site hehehehe… again… thanks guys!!!! See you all in UK:Hellooo: :Hellooo:

ebony
3rd April 2007, 16:30
were you requested for an interview?

gingxrick
3rd April 2007, 16:31
CONGRATULATIONS on geting your visa eytch,so when will you be coming to the UK, and what part are you going to
Scotland or England. Maligayang biyahe po.
Ricky and Ging

scotsfiancee
3rd April 2007, 16:32
Hi eytch congratulations to both of you!!!

:joke: :huepfen024: :appl: :333: :animal-smiley-034: :9: :Britain:

So when are going here in uk? and what place?

eytch
3rd April 2007, 16:40
exactly 4 weeks i got my visa without interview...
our original plan was may 1 but i need to go malaysia on the 28th of march for our company football tournament until may 1 (getting ready for your national sports hehehehe)
by the way, it's on southampton my wife's a nurse and also a filipina but already a British citizen...
THANKS AGAIN TO ALL OF YOU!!! see you all!

andypaul
3rd April 2007, 20:06
Congrats and wow thats some company tourament a whole month of football have a good time:xxgrinning--00xx3:

empott
3rd April 2007, 20:16
Congratulations eytch. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Ur wife must be ecstatic! Best wishes! Have a safe trip and God Bless on ur new life in UK.

eytch
4th April 2007, 05:40
thanks again!!!!:Hellooo: :Hellooo:

yes andypaul! actually last year we played at China for asia pacific qualifying for our company's world cup at Germany because our company is one of the sponsors of the FIFA world cup but unfortunately some asian countries are better footballers than us hehehehe we settled for 2nd... to the last hehehe:D :D

tiger@tigress
4th April 2007, 09:47
Well:Erm: just like the story of every members who applied for their spouse/fiancée visa:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... mine was successful too just this afternoon:Hellooo: :Hellooo: … and just like everyone here who got their visa... I’d like to say thank you to all of you!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3: This site really helped me in preparing my documents… I learned to be organized especially in preparing things (sorting out)… I learned to follow instructions just by reading all your post… I learned to hope and have faith when I needed it most… I learned to laugh when I read some of your post… and especially I learned to be patient (patience is a virtue)… enough of this:Rasp: … let’s all be happy:rolleyes: :rolleyes: … let’s hope and have faith that everything will work out smoothly, just be patient and follow instructions on what’s written on this site hehehehe… again… thanks guys!!!! See you all in UK:Hellooo: :Hellooo:

:Hellooo: Congrats :Hellooo:

eytch
5th April 2007, 13:37
thanks tiger! when do you plan on moving to UK?

Philip
5th April 2007, 19:26
Hey hey congrats!:Hellooo::xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger@tigress
5th April 2007, 22:38
thanks tiger! when do you plan on moving to UK?

We'll be flying 2nd week of May :xxgrinning--00xx3:

eytch
6th April 2007, 04:15
hey philip! thanks!

Tiger! goodluck!

Philip
6th April 2007, 18:38
We'll be flying 2nd week of May :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Same as Tonet...

ThE WaIt iS MaKiNg mE CrAzY!:Rasp::cwm3:

mach
7th April 2007, 11:55
congRatulationS eytch:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ann07
7th April 2007, 12:05
Congratz!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

eytch
7th April 2007, 13:00
thanks mach and An07!

Ann07
7th April 2007, 13:07
t:D hank you eytch:D

eljean
7th April 2007, 21:07
:Britain: congrats!have a safe trip and i advance welcoming you here in uk!

eytch
8th April 2007, 02:06
thanks eljean! i can't wait to be there in UK! But still, i need to fix things first here in PH... my target date would be on may 30... i'm still looking for a cheaper plane ticket.

joebloggs
8th April 2007, 05:41
30th of may ! , you'll miss the summer lol, sun will be shining for about another wk , you'll just be in time for winter :xxgrinning--00xx3:

30th of may - eytch if your on a 2yr spouse visa and you come to the uk more than 28 days after the visa was issued you might have to apply for FLR before you can apply for ILR. so becareful of your dates or it will cost you :REGamblMoney01HL1:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

eytch
8th April 2007, 06:42
hey joebloggs is that true?!:omg: im on a 2 yr spouse visa and my visa was issued last march 29, 2007. please tell me more about it.

eytch
8th April 2007, 07:43
joebloggs, what's my next step after i was issued visa date march 29, 2007? i was confused after you said that i should leave after 28 days... i'll get my CFO next week then what's next? please advise... thanks!

eytch
8th April 2007, 07:45
what's the next step after spouse visa? ILR or FLR? when? after 2 years of stay in UK?

joebloggs
8th April 2007, 08:08
yes its true , my wife came to the uk 6 wks after her visa was issued, and becuase you have to be IN the UK 2 yrs to apply for ILR( but you can apply upto 28 days b4 you have been in the UK 2yrs)

so if you enter after 28 days, then before you have been in the uk 2 yrs your spouse visa will have expired :omg: . IND have a strict policy of telling people you can not apply for ILR more than 28 days before you been in the uk 2yrs. they do mention if its a fews day or a week then call them and the case officer might accept you app for ILR. but if its weeks then you will prob need to get an extension (FLR) to make up the 2 years.

thats what i had to do for my wife, get FLR for 6wks cost me £335 and its i think £395 now.

your visa was issued march 29th 2007 so it expires march 29th 2009, if you enter the uk on say 30th of may 2007, then to apply for ILR, which you can apply upto 28 days before you been in the uk 2 years, that means about 30th of april 2009, but your spouse visa expired on march 29th !!!

watch your dates :Erm: or get caught out like me :bigcry:

eytch
8th April 2007, 08:20
i am really confused now! my visa is valid from 29/03/07 and expires 29/03/07 (dates as shown on my visa) that means 2 years. im confused with the 28 days before i apply for ILR.

joebloggs
8th April 2007, 08:46
your suppose to be LIVING IN THE UK 2 years to be able to apply for ILR!!!
but you can apply for ILR upto 28 days b4 you have been in the uk 2 yrs.

so basically if you go by the rules,

if my wife got a visa on say the 1st of jan 2005 - it expires 1st of jan 2007
and she left same day to come to england, so she arrived in england 2 of jan
she can apply for ILR UPTO 28 days before shes been in england 2 yrs,
so 28 days off 2 of jan is what around the 4th of dec 2006 ! shes ok becuase her spouse visa is still vaild til 1st jan 2007

if my wife got a visa on the 1st of jan 2005 - it expires 1st jan 2007
but she left 2 months after the visa was issued say 1st of march 2005, she can apply for ILR upto 28 days before shes been in the england 2 yrs, as she entered on the 1st of march 2005, and 2 years would be 1st of march 2007, but she can apply for the visa upto 28 days before shes been in the UK 2yrs, so thats about 1st of feb 2007, your spouse visa expired thou on the 1st of jan 2007 !!!

hope it explains it a bit easier

now iam confused :Erm: :Erm: :Erm: :Brick: :Brick: :Brick:

not really i think if its a few days or a wk or so you might get away with - i mean sending it more than 28 days + a wk, so 35 days before you have been living in the UK, but if like you , you enter the uk 2 months after the visa is issued , you would have to apply like 60+ days before you been in the UK 2 years. the limit is upto 28 days .

eytch
8th April 2007, 08:58
now i get it joebloggs... so technically it's not 2 years it's 23 months to stay in UK then before it ends on the 24th month i should be able to apply for ILR? hehehe what's the IND site?

joebloggs
8th April 2007, 09:01

from the SET(M) ILR guidance notes ..

5 WHEN TO APPLY
You must apply before the end of your authorised stay in the
UK when you are nearing completion of the 2-year qualifying
period required by the Immigration Rules. Please do not
apply more than 28 days before completing that period. If
you apply earlier than that, your application may be refused.
If that happens, we will not refund the fee and you will have
to pay again when reapplying.
If you entered the UK with a visa as a spouse, civil partner,
unmarried or same sex partner, the 2-year period to be completed
started on the date of your arrival here.
If you delayed your journey to the UK by weeks or months
after the date from which your visa was valid for use, you will
not have completed the 2-year period when your visa runs
out. You may need to apply for an an extension of stay to
make up the 2 years, using form FLR(M). If you are in this situation
and need more advice on what to do, please call 0870
606 7766.

IND is immigration web site

eytch
8th April 2007, 09:11
thanks so much joebloggs! that only means i should start packing my things heheheh:rolleyes:

joebloggs
8th April 2007, 09:26
if you dont want problems, and dont want to apply FLR , and applying for any visa is a hassle and pay £395 then be in the uk within 28 days of the visa being issued.

if you got the money and dont mnid applying for FLR then stay in pinoyland longer :rolleyes:

its your choice, people are just not aware of immigration rules. infact i think your allowed to use the visa 28 days before the start date. but then you have to tell the embassy what date you want the visa to start, and thats diffucult because you dont know how long its going to take them to process it !!!

most people dont have this problem or aware of it, becuase most are in the UK within the 28 days of the spouse visa being issued.

eytch
8th April 2007, 09:33
thanks joebloggs! now im aware.. FLR cost £395 how about for ILR? that's a lot of money!!! and a lot of hassle!

joebloggs
8th April 2007, 10:16
ILR is £750 now :omg: :yikes:

bornatbirth
8th April 2007, 11:33
tell me what date is the 2 year visa issued on?

u need to be in the uk for a full 2 years then apply with 28 days to go!

with the date of the visa u are given a month before its started,time to book ur flight?

joebloggs
8th April 2007, 12:29
the date its issued is the date the embassy approved your visa app,

yes in other words you need to be in the uk just over 23 months to apply for ILR.

i believe you can ask the embassy for a date for the visa to start, and you can enter the uk upto 28 days before that start date. but you better check with the embassy with that one thou.

eytch
8th April 2007, 14:00
thanks to both of you... i'll phone the embassy on tuesday since it's holiday tomorrow...

Ann07
8th April 2007, 18:15
Thats better eytch:D Weather now is so lovely :xxgrinning--00xx3: I really enjoy going out now:icon_lol: everday we go out for a walk :Rasp:

Welcome eytch and experience the beauty of nature here :icon_lol:

eytch
9th April 2007, 02:59
thanks ann!

Ann07
9th April 2007, 15:13
Your welcome Eytch...

eytch
10th April 2007, 04:48
hey Joebloggs! i talked with the uk embassy here in manila, according to them i can delay my flight anytime. but when i asked them regarding the effect on my 2 years visa they told me i should contact the home office regarding this. can anyone help me here? i'll try to contact the home office later this afternoon ph time. thanks

LadyJ
10th April 2007, 10:06
Ofcourse, its up to spouse visa holder whether they come here after visa was issued or later but in the end, you'll still need to complete your 24 months stay here in UK before you can apply for ILR.

What Joebloggs experienced was all true, if you don't want to have same problem like him then don not delay your flight.

joebloggs
10th April 2007, 10:51
yes and you better listen to ladyJ, shes not one to be messed with ,
i know :cwm3:

:xxparty-smiley-004:

eytch
10th April 2007, 11:15
joebloggs! please direct me to the site where it explained the 28 days... please....

scotsfiancee
10th April 2007, 11:45
QUALIFYING FOR AN IN DEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN
THESE CATEGORIES

To qualify for indefinite leave to remain, you must satisfy the
requirements of the Immigration Rules for the category in
which you are applying.

The relevant requirements for the categories for which you
must use form SET(M) are set out in Part 8 Section 1 of the
Immigration Rules, which are on our website. You can also
seek information about the relevant rules by calling 0870
606 7766.

One of the requirements is that you have to complete 2
years’ leave to enter or remain as the partner of the person
named in your application.

If you were granted leave to remain as an unmarried or same
sex partner and are now applying for indefinite leave to
remain as the spouse or civil partner of the same person, the
year period which you have to complete started when you
were granted leave as an unmarried or same sex partner.

Here is the guidance http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/11406/setmguidanceapril2007.pdf

If you are still married and living with your spouse at the end of the period for which you have been given permission to stay, you may apply for indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom. You must apply before the end of your authorised stay in UNIted Kingdom, but not more than 28 days completing that period.

If you apply earlier than that your application may be refused.

joebloggs
10th April 2007, 13:42
what you need to look at is section '5 when to apply' of the applying on form set(m) guidance notes, the link is the one scotsfiancee sent above.

eytch
10th April 2007, 14:20
thanks so much! i need to clarify in my resignation letter this quote from section 5... this makes me stress!!! whew! a short notice, though they know that i'm leaving, but not this early hehehehe

joebloggs
10th April 2007, 15:02
why dont they mention this when you apply for a spouse visa :Erm: , only when you apply for ilr you see it, too late by then :doh

well its a nicer little earner for the gov :REGamblMoney01HL1:

eytch
10th April 2007, 15:26
yes joebloggs, why dont they mention this to me? who should by the way? ukvacs? uk embassy? should i know this beforehand?

eytch
12th April 2007, 15:04
hey joe! what would be the effect if i followed the rule of leaving PH after 28 days of my visa was granted then the rules of home office changed (i hope not) from 2 years to 3 years <--(is this possible?)

Mrs Daddy
12th April 2007, 15:41

A Big Congratulations to you and welcome to uk:Hellooo:

joebloggs
13th April 2007, 01:40
hey joe! what would be the effect if i followed the rule of leaving PH after 28 days of my visa was granted then the rules of home office changed (i hope not) from 2 years to 3 years <--(is this possible?)

hmm i suppose they could,but i dont think so as your passport has a start and expire date of your visa. so i think they wouldnt do that.

eytch
13th April 2007, 02:21
A Big Congratulations to you and welcome to uk:Hellooo:

Thanks MrsDaddy!!

tiger@tigress
13th April 2007, 02:22
Thanks MrsDaddy!!

So when are u leaving????

eytch
13th April 2007, 02:27
April 24th... how about you tiger?

tiger@tigress
13th April 2007, 02:29
April 24th... how about you tiger?

I still have lots of things to settle before i leave the country for good since glad i dont need to rush cuz mine is fiancee visa.... we'll be leaving 2nd week of May..... Have a safe journey to u :Hellooo: :Hellooo:

eytch
13th April 2007, 02:31
ok... have a safe trip too!!!

Ann07
13th April 2007, 11:14
Enjoy your trip eycth... :)

eytch
13th April 2007, 13:40
thanks Ann07! i got my ticket already!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3: yipeeee!!!!

Chrisirene
13th April 2007, 15:24
thanks Ann07! i got my ticket already!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3: yipeeee!!!!

CONGRATSSSS EYTCH!!!!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mich
14th April 2007, 02:54
i am so envious of you guys... u definitely found THE ONE. i hope i can find mine too... and hope it's from UK hehehe... :D :D :D

eytch
14th April 2007, 03:09
CONGRATSSSS EYTCH!!!!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks chris!!! how's the UK?! hehehehe

MITCH, don't worry... you'll have your time...

empott
14th April 2007, 03:35
I bet u r excited now to go eytch. :D Have a safe journey.

Mich
14th April 2007, 06:10
Thanks chris!!! how's the UK?! hehehehe

MITCH, don't worry... you'll have your time...

im keeping my fingers crossed, eytch! buhol buhol na nga hehehe...

tiger@tigress
14th April 2007, 06:12
im keeping my fingers crossed, eytch! buhol buhol na nga hehehe...

hehehehe whats your status?

Mich
14th April 2007, 06:14
hehehehe whats your status?

single and VERY MUCH AVAILABLE! hehehe... im not even dating for more than a month now.

eytch
14th April 2007, 07:28
don't worry mitch hehehehe sa quezon city ka pala? sa taguig ako hehehe... just don't get tired of searching... wala ka bang boyfriend?

Chrisirene
15th April 2007, 11:06
Hi Eytch,

it was a nice Day yesterday, i can wear a mini skirts and shorts now... but still missing PI :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

i miss the foods (lechon Baboy.. and balot!!!):bigcry:

eytch
15th April 2007, 15:18
hey Chris, tell me your experience from NAIA to Heathrow... did you had any problems? How was it?
lechon baboy? wow sarap ng lechon sa cebu!!! and balot sa pateros... na miss mo ano? hahahah

Ann07
15th April 2007, 16:08
helow guys...san ka sa qc mitch? i used to stay in cubao in aurora in st joseph archdiocese.. sa likod ng school...lol!:icon_lol: then i transfer to St paul makati..i stayed in taguig....sarap nga balot sa pateros parati me dun sa school tambay with kapatiran dahil lang sa balot:icon_lol: kakamis nga lalo na ang lechon sa talisay cebu hahahahaha.....:bigcry:

eytch
15th April 2007, 16:27
uy ann! im from taguig sa signal village been here for almost 6 years... sa pateros naman ako graduate ng elementary and high school hehehe.. yes masarap ang lechon sa cebu hehehe mami-miss ko lahat ito pag andyan na ako sa UK

Mich
16th April 2007, 11:59
dito lang ako sa murphy, malapit sa araneta center. 10 minute walk lang...

Mich
16th April 2007, 12:01
don't worry mitch hehehehe sa quezon city ka pala? sa taguig ako hehehe... just don't get tired of searching... wala ka bang boyfriend?

mag uumpisa lang ako magsearch hehehe. no, i dont have a bf eytch...

Chrisirene
16th April 2007, 15:15
Ahhh :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: miss kuna talaga ang balot :(..eytch, kainin muna lahat lahat nang pagkain jan kasi ma mimiss mo talaga yan pag andito kana...

Philip
16th April 2007, 15:19
:Erm:

eytch
17th April 2007, 07:07
hey im done with my CFO just this morning!!! :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: yipeee!!! good to go now!!!

KeithD
17th April 2007, 08:52
See you at the airport then! :xxgrinning--00xx3: Don't forget our pressies....

eytch
17th April 2007, 09:25
thanks Win2Win! see you at the airport then... are you immigration officer? hahaha

empott
17th April 2007, 13:03
Pwedeng magpadala eytch? :D

Kidding! :icon_lol:

eytch
17th April 2007, 13:19
Pwedeng magpadala eytch? :D

Kidding! :icon_lol:

hahahaha sure!!!! what would i bring anyways? i only have 20kg:Erm: :Erm: alloted for my baggage:NoNo: :NoNo:

Ann07
17th April 2007, 17:52
hehehe ganun ba eytch...dati sa cubao me work mga 4 years din me dun tapos lumipat me ng skulsa makati sa taguig kasama ko coleagues sa may tulay ilalim lol! tapos i transfer to guadalupe makati kasi mas malapit sa skul...pero sa huli sa paranaque din bagsak ko :icon_lol:

empott
18th April 2007, 00:40
hahahaha sure!!!! what would i bring anyways? i only have 20kg:Erm: :Erm: alloted for my baggage:NoNo: :NoNo:

:icon_lol: I'm just kidding. Thats the drawback of emirates, baggage is limited to 20kg. Anyway, have a safe trip eytch and good luck to ur new life in UK.:Hellooo:

eytch
18th April 2007, 03:20
thanks empott! it's another story of my life in the UK hehehehe

Mich
18th April 2007, 06:54
have a safe trip eytch!

eytch
18th April 2007, 07:49
thanks mitch!:xxgrinning--00xx3: i'll start packing tonight hehehehe

Mich
18th April 2007, 07:50
wow... excited na! :icon_lol: