PDA

View Full Version : Hotels in Brunei (BSB)

Englishman2010
20th February 2011, 08:59
Does anyone who lives in or has been to Brunei know of any reasonably priced hotels or guest houses in BSB, preferably close to Gadong district?
I've had a good look on the hotel search engines but everything is really expensive, prices range from around 150 SGD - 400 SGD a night:yikes: I've found a place called the Jubilee Hotel which is 80 SGD a night (but that's still £40). I'm not bothered about luxuries, all I want is a room that is clean and has a decent bathroom, and dont really want to pay any more than 60 SGD a night.

stevewool
20th February 2011, 09:35
sorry Ian cant think of any , when i am planning i always try trip adviser and if not that just punch in google that usualy does the trick

Englishman2010
20th February 2011, 10:00
I've tried all of the search engines and hotel booking websites, but what I've found over the years is that these sites often dont include some of the smaller 2 star hotels and guest houses. I've found some really good cheap places to stay over the years which haven't been listed on search engines, usually I find them by recommendation or by walking around an area and taking a look before I book.

stevewool
20th February 2011, 10:41
what days ian are you planning ti be there and how long for,cannot find the gadong distict

Englishman2010
20th February 2011, 10:54
There's only one hotel listed in Gadong Steve, The Centrepoint Hotel, but its about £60 a night.

I only want 2 or 3 nights in mid April, dates are flexible as I'm in Brunei for 12 days but will be travelling around Borneo and may spend some time at Elaine's sisters house, but need a hotel to fall back on as I don't want to be in the way. As we know, when a Fili says you can stay here, what they don't tell you is it means sleeping on the floor with about 10 other people:icon_lol:

aposhark
20th February 2011, 11:19
BSB

The only good thing there in the 90's used to be the Japanese Supermarket, forget the name now. I suppose things have changed.
I couldn't wait to get out of BSB and back to Kuala Belait which wasn't exciting either and on the West side of the country.
In fact I was in Brunei for over a year all told and I don't have any nice memories really :yikes:

There were some smaller B&B back then, maybe Bruneicop knows more?

Englishman2010
20th February 2011, 13:52
BSB

The only good thing there in the 90's used to be the Japanese Supermarket, forget the name now. I suppose things have changed.
I couldn't wait to get out of BSB and back to Kuala Belait which wasn't exciting either and on the West side of the country.
In fact I was in Brunei for over a year all told and I don't have any nice memories really :yikes:

There were some smaller B&B back then, maybe Bruneicop knows more?

I'm already prepared for it being the dullest place on earth Apo. One of my best friends has been working offshore for a couple of years and has warned me, and Elaine has been there for a month and it's driving her mad already. However, I see it as a good base to explore Borneo and might try to get a week in KK if she can get the time off.

aposhark
20th February 2011, 17:01
I'm already prepared for it being the dullest place on earth Apo. One of my best friends has been working offshore for a couple of years and has warned me, and Elaine has been there for a month and it's driving her mad already. However, I see it as a good base to explore Borneo and might try to get a week in KK if she can get the time off.

That's right Englishman2010 :xxgrinning--00xx3:
We used to have a sneaky beer, which was served in teapots to disguise it back then, but even that stopped.
Everybody in KB used to nip over the border for a good time at the weekends, if they could.
KK was fun also, very Chinese in atmosphere.

I never really had many fun days in Muslim countries, Egypt and Malaysia being the exceptions. :rolleyes:

Englishman2010
20th February 2011, 17:26
That's right Englishman2010 :xxgrinning--00xx3:
We used to have a sneaky beer, which was served in teapots to disguise it back then, but even that stopped.
Everybody in KB used to nip over the border for a good time at the weekends, if they could.
KK was fun also, very Chinese in atmosphere.

I never really had many fun days in Muslim countries, Egypt and Malaysia being the exceptions. :rolleyes:

I have to admit it's not my idea of a holiday destination either, but as Elaine has moved there for a while, it looks as though I'll be heading there a few more times this year. Fortunately, it's a small country and Malaysia isn't that far away, so I won't let it spoil my fun too much.