PDA

View Full Version : Backup Software?

aposhark
18th February 2011, 22:40
Just curious.

What back-up software do you all use. Do you use the software that came with the computer or third party ones?

imagine
18th February 2011, 22:54
Just curious.

What back-up software do you all use. Do you use the software that came with the computer or third party ones?

hi aposhark, for me ,i only need it simple, not too worried of loosing anything should my comp go down, my most important is that i save my messages between my lady and myself,
within the 1st week of buying my lap top, i made rescue discs,using my computers inbuilt rescue program,
there are restore points auto set to do this ,if any changes, new programs ect ,
i dont back up anything regular, but i do have an external hard drive,i use.
i hear of something called clic free , which automaticaly backs up your files onto an external hard drive, it may be a hard drive that comes with it, not sure

KeithD
18th February 2011, 23:25
I use Smartsynpro to sync all my personal info such as documents, pics, etc, about 50GB+ of them :Rasp: ..... I sync with my laptop and a external HD.

aposhark
18th February 2011, 23:34
I use Smartsynpro to sync all my personal info such as documents, pics, etc, about 50GB+ of them :Rasp: ..... I sync with my laptop and a external HD.

How would you restore your pc back to its original state?

KeithD
18th February 2011, 23:52
I do a clean W7 install, and then reinstall all my software again so everything is fresh and clean. It doesn't take long to do the normal stuff.

imagine
19th February 2011, 00:22
How would you restore your pc back to its original state?

is it necessery , is it that bad? why do you want to restore to orignal state, how old is ur comp,its better to protect and maintain your comp in good order, i would say restoring back to original state is a last resort in my book

aposhark
19th February 2011, 09:45
Imagine,

All pc's get cluttered up with junk as time goes on.
This is why we all have to go back to the "start" from time to time.

imagine
19th February 2011, 12:25
Imagine,

All pc's get cluttered up with junk as time goes on.
This is why we all have to go back to the "start" from time to time.

yes, i know they get cluttered, but keeping it well maintained minimises that need, also depends on how you use your comp, downloading programs later deleting them they leave clutter behind, my lap top runs 24/7, must be 3 years old now,although last year i did install w7,which would have cleaned up for me, previous it was vista, tacky slow and used a lot of puter recourses,
i dare say il have bought a new pc before it becomes necessary,they are soon out of date these days

sars_notd_virus
19th February 2011, 12:32
I dont use a back up software,.. just save the important files I need

somebody
20th February 2011, 23:11
I go with the back up the unique and Important Files on the PC.

But have to say I can think of plenty of Windows XP PC's which have never been rebuilt with cleaning now and then and regular maintance run as good as new

KeithD
21st February 2011, 00:06
These are great for backups of your documents & emails :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3640/3626032099_9b54d3c009.jpg

worthingmale
25th February 2011, 17:56
I use synctoy by microsoft its free and only updates the new files instead of copying everything over again.

simpleHeart
25th February 2011, 22:07

Good one although I used the sync from windows itself, I should have try this,...It's too hard to rewrite the program all over again:doh

imagine
25th February 2011, 22:14
These are great for backups of your documents & emails :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3640/3626032099_9b54d3c009.jpg

oh the days before the computor :olddude:

ThomasWilson
28th February 2011, 07:20
Just curious.

I use third party software - Handy Backup, it's easy to use and reliable backup solution.

aposhark
28th February 2011, 11:58
yes, i know they get cluttered, but keeping it well maintained minimises that need, also depends on how you use your comp, downloading programs later deleting them they leave clutter behind, my lap top runs 24/7, must be 3 years old now,although last year i did install w7,which would have cleaned up for me, previous it was vista, tacky slow and used a lot of puter recourses,
i dare say il have bought a new pc before it becomes necessary,they are soon out of date these days

Hi imagine, I see Windows 7 has "system image", have you tried it?