PDA

View Full Version : Flights from Manchester

KeithD
12th February 2011, 11:00
It is peak season then with the airlines. You can get cheaper playing with the dates either side. Have a look on Priceline, they are usually cheaper than the carrier.

KeithD
12th February 2011, 11:19
If you use the KLM site, tick the +/-3 Days box, and then when you get the results, in the bottom left it will sometimes offer you cheaper flights than you see on that page, different dates though, but can save you a wad sometimes.

joebloggs
12th February 2011, 12:34
it depends on the dates your flying, leaving mid week should be cheaper
but on the klm web site you can get a ticket ,for example leaving friday 8th july, return wednes 27th from MAN to MNL for £736

my stepson got a ticket leaving end of march return mid april for £570 klm, and last week the same ticket was £480 :angry: but its gone back to £570 again

Arthur Little
12th February 2011, 13:02
Good Morning, John ... I read somewhere recently that *Singapore Airlines :airline: were offering discounts on flights to the Far East. Unfortunately I deleted the email - as I tend to do with most advertising if it's not relevant to my needs at the time - but it might be worth your while checking with them. They're not the cheapest, but their service is second to none. I flew from Manchester to Davao in September 2008 for £730 return ... and had another flight from Heathrow for exactly the same amount two months later. Again, as you know, ticket prices can and do fluctuate ... depending on the date(s)/times(s)/season(s) you wish to travel. Goodluck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Howerd
12th February 2011, 18:04
Hi everyone just want to as about flights from Manchester. On my way to Tacloban in July.
Been searching the internet the cheapest I can find is KLM £962
Emerates £715 anyone know of any cheaper companys.

Please provide a date window for going. Is it any day in July? When are you returning? Prices vary greatly by each day.

How much luggage are you taking? It is much cheaper to get international flight to Manila and then internal flight to Tacloban but internal flights have much stricter wieght limits (usually 15kg)

Howerd
12th February 2011, 19:04
I assume the prices you have quoted are return flights to Manila?

The cheapest flight I can find (MAN-MNL) 12 July - 1 August is £651 with Emirates, booked with www.travelup.co.uk. Or £686 15 July - 4 August.

Englishman2010
12th February 2011, 19:58
Anything between £650 and £700 from MAN or BHX is a good deal in July, I was looking around these dates too, but couldn't find anything I was prepared to pay for. In the end I booked for the last 2 weeks of Aug and got a reasonable deal from BHX to HKG with Emirates, but I still need to sort out a connection from Honkers.
If you don't mind flying from LHR you might get a decent deal with Royal Brunei or Saudi