PDA

View Full Version : True Grit....has anyone seen it yet?

Farmerg
12th February 2011, 01:08
I'm a big John Wayne fan but I'm in two minds as to whether I should watch the new " true grit ". For me Rooster Cogburn was John Wayne's definitive character.

I understand that this is not meant to be a remake & that it follows the original book rather than Wayne's film but I'm worried that it will be like a song that the original artist did with perfection & then another singer does a cover version that pales in significant's & yet at the same time it damages or corrupts the original and you never see it in the same light again.

I have read the reviews of the new one & it seems to be just about the best western in a decade so I'm kind of at a in pass:Erm:

Has anyone seen it yet?
Can anyone recommend it?

fred
12th February 2011, 02:14
Ill probably watch it in a few days as its showing here now..I`ll let you know what I think of it..
Watched THE FIGHTER the other day..Enjoyed it.

burdock
12th February 2011, 02:24
I've watch it mainly to see what the Coen brothers had done with it

I think its a good western and worth watching.

is it better than the original
I'm not sure

johncar54
12th February 2011, 09:01
If my download works may watch it tonight

stevewool
12th February 2011, 09:10
i will wait till my bro gets a copy off it, and yes that is wrong but the price you pay at the pictures is robbery

KeithD
12th February 2011, 10:56
Does my head in when they remake movies.

johncar54
12th February 2011, 12:43
My download was good, so I will let you know what I thought tomorrow.

les_taxi
12th February 2011, 12:57
Does my head in when they remake movies.

Usually stink,The wicker man remake was *****!,why on earth re-make a classic.
Also Clash of the Titans remake rubbish too:NoNo:

Arthur Little
12th February 2011, 13:24
Slightly :icon_offtopic: ... but I take the point about remakes of Classics. For example, I watched ITV's 2001 revamp of John Galsworthy's 'The Forsyte Saga' - having seen the original version on BBC back in 1968 - and, to my mind at least, there was no comparison ... even although the latter had been screened in colour and the former in *black & white - *which, I felt, lent it an atmosphere more relevant to the period it spanned, i.e ... from late Victorian era to circa 1920s.

Farmerg
12th February 2011, 15:25
Usually stink,The wicker man remake was *****!,why on earth re-make a classic.
Also Clash of the Titans remake rubbish too:NoNo:

I totally agree, Clash of the Titans remake was dire! & don't get me started on the Lady Killers remake!!!...What the :censored: possessed anybody to remake such a classic, that's like Damien Hirst trying to remake the Sistine Chapel:crazy:

Farmerg
12th February 2011, 15:33
Generally I don't like remakes of films or tv.
There has been some really bad tv remakes, Wonder Woman / Randle & hopkirk deceased / Knight Rider / the Prisoner.
I hated the thought of a remake of Battle star Galacticia as it was one of my favourite shows when I was a child until a friend sat me down and showed me an episode on dvd, I was hooked!...This remake almost makes up for all the bad tv remakes!

Tawi2
12th February 2011, 15:36
I mean to kill you in one minute Ned.......I call that bold talk from a one-eyed fat man rooster :icon_lol: Awesome movie,I just hope that Jeff Bridges has similar grit to the original Rooster ;)

alex34
14th February 2011, 14:06
cant wait to go and see it :D