PDA

View Full Version : And you thought UK had tough immigration laws

rusty
10th February 2011, 19:56
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12366676

TO MARRY A FOREIGNER

Both the Danish and the foreign partner need to be at least 24 years old
The Danish partner needs to post a bond of £7,200 collateral ($11,600)
The foreign partner has to pass a language and knowledge test
Both need to demonstrate a combined attachment to Denmark greater than to any other country

Dedworth
10th February 2011, 22:39

TO MARRY A FOREIGNER

Both need to demonstrate a combined attachment to Denmark greater than to any other country

Very interesting. I go along with this guy wholeheartedly particularly the last sentence "Denmark should welcome anybody who wants to contribute to this society, but we don't want people who don't want to contribute," :-

Naser Khader, himself of Palestinian and Syrian descent, is now the immigration spokesman for the Conservatives, part of the governing coalition which depends on the votes of the DPP, the anti-immigration Danish People's Party.

He defends the toughened immigration policies: "We have a lot of people with an immigrant background who married cousins from their parents' villages, who came to Denmark with no language skills, education or work experience and became a great cost to Danish society."

"Denmark should welcome anybody who wants to contribute to this society, but we don't want people who don't want to contribute,"

gWaPito
10th February 2011, 23:14
I never thought we had it tough :NoNo:. My wife got a Phil friend processing a spouse visa going to Oz, if all goes well, it takes a min of 6 months. We are sweating if we not herd anything within 4 weeks. Its similar I believe for USA. 'we got it tough' far from it. I applaude Denmark for there stance.

malditako
11th February 2011, 19:51

TO MARRY A FOREIGNER

our danish friend had gone through with it when he brought his filipina wife to denmark....it only take a day to process the visa though....by the amount u need to bond to their gov't it looks like only the ones with fat bank account can marry a foreigner.

Arthur Little
11th February 2011, 23:22
"Denmark should welcome anybody who wants to contribute to this society, but we don't want people who don't want to contribute,"

Oh I see: :rolleyes: You are welcome in Denmark if you contribute to the economy by *eating Danish bacon ... but if you don't eat Danish bacon - then the Danes won't beckon.

:cwm24: ... oops ... *this would've been better posted on the 'Utter Nonsense' thread, I reckon.

Whatever happened to "Wonderful, wonderful Co~pen~hag~en"? :doh

gWaPito
12th February 2011, 00:17
I dont think the average Mr Denmark will struggle finding the 7 and a bit grand considering the average wage over there. I knew what one of there truck drivers was earning when I was based in St Loubes Dept 33 back in the 90's It was near 4 times what I was getting, doing the same job, transporting pigs. A little off topic now, we were taking the pigs to plants in Southern Europe to be transformed into Danish packs of bacon etc then they would be shipped out to the buyers. I bet you all thought it all happened in Denmark, no way, there labour costs are way too high.

baby38
12th February 2011, 03:58
gWaPiTo
MY wife's spouse visa was granted in six weeks to come to Australia,mind you she had been twice to Australia on tourist visa for 3 month before,hopefully your friends visa wont be long cheers,

joebloggs
12th February 2011, 09:55
all the dane has to do is come to the uk(or any other EU country) , find a job for a couple of months and apply for a family permit for her, cost nothing :rolleyes:

gWaPito
12th February 2011, 16:57
Funny thing is Baby 38, she got another 6 month visit visa approved while waiting to have her spouse visa approved yes, it is allowed to apply at the same time Crazy of what? While you are there Baby 38 Can you tell me why Oz hate the English so much, where my sister is in Perth, some drive around with 'English go home' stuck to there rear windows. Is it just in there area ? I know they regret going. We dont treat you guys like it here, why do you there. Surely it stil cant be about the Prisoners of Mother England. Regards Mark

Arthur Little
12th February 2011, 17:12
where my sister is in Perth, some drive around with 'English go home' stuck to there rear windows. Regards Mark

:) ... you sure you're not getting :confused: with Perth in Scotland [where I live] Mark? ... 'cos there's a few :crazy: numbskulls up here like the ones you've mentioned! :doh

gWaPito
12th February 2011, 17:38
No Arthur It Kelmscot Perth. My wife sister husband is the same when drunk All the nasty stuff comes out then, otherwise he is a nice guy, im sure its past down from father to son and so on. You go to central west London its full of them We dont give then any trouble, no reason to. I hope Baby 38 replies. Its just friendly chat :D

Arthur Little
12th February 2011, 17:52
My wife sister husband is the same when drunk All the nasty stuff comes out then, otherwise he is a nice guy, :D

:icon_lol: ... my family maintain that wheneverI :66::party-smiley-012::66: - which is rare - I'm at my most relaxed! :laugher: