PDA

View Full Version : Visit Visas Approval

PeterUK
10th February 2011, 07:36
My Fiancee and 2 daughters got there 6 month visit visas to the UK today. :xxgrinning--00xx3:Was a really quick process from the Embassy in Manila. 2 Days for the whole process and they were delivered by courier this morning. I believe the process was so quick as my Fiancee has had 2 visas before although this was the first time applying from the Phils. The Embassy Phoned her with a small issue yesterday, why we had not applied for my daughters visa on family visit visa. Just stated as we will be accommodated in hotel for 5 days and then hotels in London for 7 days did not think it fitted the criteria as stated the main purpose of visit for all was tourst. She said they were happy with that response.

Although not going to End of March have time now to make arrangements to suprise my mother as she has never met the kids before. Really pleased for them even though myself would prefer to spend my vacation in the Phils :) So after holiday next steps citizenship for my daughter, annulments and then hopefully start the process of the Fiancee visas etc

Thanks everyone for the advice I have asked and read on here its much appreciated.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sim11UK
10th February 2011, 07:44
Congratulations! & good luck to you. :)

joebloggs
10th February 2011, 07:45
:xxgrinning--00xx3: good news peter.

sophiamarie
10th February 2011, 08:35
:Jump::Jump:Congratulations Peter, well done:Jump::Jump:

Terpe
10th February 2011, 08:35
Congratulations :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Enjoy the time together :)

bruneicop
10th February 2011, 08:37
excellent news Peter, congratulations. your mum will be delighted to see everyone.

bruneicop
10th February 2011, 08:39
Peter on a side note, you could possibly get your wife to the UK on an unmarried spouse visa, (and then get her divorce in the UK)

I am not sure of all the details but this is what my mate did. (they have an 10 month old girl) she came on 6 months visa's before but this time they managed to get the 2 year unmarried spouse visa.

I will get the details for you, as this might be somehting that can get you together quicker. :)

Regards

Steve

keithAngel
10th February 2011, 09:04
Peter on a side note, you could possibly get your wife to the UK on an unmarried spouse visa, (and then get her divorce in the UK)

I am not sure of all the details but this is what my mate did. (they have an 10 month old girl) she came on 6 months visa's before but this time they managed to get the 2 year unmarried spouse visa.

I will get the details for you, as this might be somehting that can get you together quicker. :)

Regards

Steve

Dont know the details here it would be fine if your not got a problem with her ex and dont want to spend much time in the Phils as a devorce obtained and applied for by a filipino abroad is not recognised in the Phils:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
10th February 2011, 11:12
brilliant news for you peter :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
10th February 2011, 12:00

you need to have lived togther for a period of 2yrs and have evidence of this to apply for a Unmarried partner visa..

and as keith has said the divorce is not recognised in the phils..

PeterUK
10th February 2011, 12:43
Thanks to everyone for the messages.:Hellooo: Spoke to them all in the Phils this morning and obviously they are all excited to get to go to the UK for a vacation.

Myself and the Fiancee have been together for quite a few years and can prove that we have been together living in the Phils for the last 3 years since we have lived in our apartment. Maybe worth looking at. Thanks Steve will be worth talking about at least she could get divorced in the Uk and we can work on the annulment in the Phils.

bruneicop
10th February 2011, 13:39
you need to have lived togther for a period of 2yrs and have evidence of this to apply for a Unmarried partner visa..

and as keith has said the divorce is not recognised in the phils..

My friends situation, they were not living together, they met while he was on holiday in Singapore 5 years ago and started a relationship. (for the first few years he would go over to phil to visit, her and her son. (from her marriage), she then started to get visit visa for the Uk for 6 months at a time., (sometimes granted sometimes refused)
SHe then fell pregnant with his child last year, (while on one of her visits to the UK), she went back to Phil to have the baby and thats when they starrted the spouse visa route. as she is still married but like others on here they are finding it extremely difficult if not near impossible to get the annulment, this was there only option to live together.
I will have to find out all the details as it can be done without physically living together. (as thy didn't).

After she has been in the UK for 1 year she can apply for the divorce, yes this isnt recognised in Phil, but they are not worried about that, they jsut want to be married and have the chance to live together now, as Peter says you can always push the annulment after the divorce in the UK.

My mate isnt rich, but he does have a stable job and rented house etc.

Will find out more of the details from him and pass it on, maybe he found a small loophole in these situations.:)

joebloggs
10th February 2011, 14:33
then your friend was lucky :rolleyes:

any previous marriage or civil partnership that either of you was in has permanently broken down;

you have both been living together as if you were married or in a civil partnership for at least two years;

you both plan to live together permanently;

you both have enough money to support and adequately accommodate yourselves and any dependants without help from public funds; and
you are both at least 21 years old (or 18 years old if either of you is a serving member of HM Forces).

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partnersandfamilies/partners/unmarriedsamesexpartners/

bruneicop
10th February 2011, 14:41
yes very lucky by the sounds of it, as i say will get the details from him, as myabe others can try that way too

mikey73
10th February 2011, 15:51
congratulations :Jump:

keithAngel
10th February 2011, 17:10
There is an allowance in the 2 year bit if one of you has to travel away for work Ive read it but a couple of years ago:xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
10th February 2011, 17:50
Congratulations Peter:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
10th February 2011, 19:58
My Fiancee and 2 daughters got there 6 month visit visas to the UK today. :xxgrinning--00xx3:Was a really quick process from the Embassy in Manila. 2 Days for the whole process and they were delivered by courier this morning. Although not going to End of March have time now to make arrangements to suprise my mother as she has never met the kids before. Really pleased for them even though myself would prefer to spend my vacation in the Phils :) So after holiday next steps citizenship for my daughter, annulments and then hopefully start the process of the Fiancee visas etc

Thanks everyone for the advice I have asked and read on here its much appreciated.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Congratulations, Pete; it'll be especially exciting for your kids to meet their grandmother for the first time ... and vice versa! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
10th February 2011, 21:43
There is an allowance in the 2 year bit if one of you has to travel away for work Ive read it but a couple of years ago:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:NoNo: no its pretty strict, unmarried partner visa is probably the most difficult to get because of the evidence of 2yrs living together, maybe you was thinking ILR keith, where if you have a good reason to be out of the country..

keithAngel
11th February 2011, 02:18
Unmarried Partners Rule

OUTLINE OF THE UNMARRIED PARTNERS RULE

What do they mean by a relationship ‘akin to marriage’?
They mean that the relationship must be similar in its nature to a marriage. This means a high level of commitment to the relationship to the exclusion of other similar relationships. It means an intention to live together, to build a home together and grow old together. It is intended to exclude relationships, which are not committed.

What is meant by the phrase "have been living together in a relationship, which has subsisted for two years or more"?
In order to meet this requirement, the Home Office (or entry clearance officers at British Diplomatic Posts) will expect the couple to show evidence of cohabitation for the two-year period preceding the date of application. Short breaks apart would be acceptable for good reasons, such as work commitments, or looking after a relative which takes one partner away for a period of up to six months where it was not possible for the other partner to accompany.
The most straightforward application will be one in which there is evidence of 2 years cohabitation. Where a relationship has subsisted for 2 years but you have not cohabited throughout (e.g. some time spent apart due to living in different countries) then your application will be scrutinised carefully but you could still succeed. There is legal precedent (Ref. IM/09696/2004) for the argument that the Immigration Rules require a 2 year relationship akin to marriage but not 2 years of continual co-habitation. If you are in such a situation, it is suggested you seek legal advice to ascertain the chances of success.
If you have been separated during the two-year period it is necessary to show that the relationship has continued throughout that period by visits, letters/emails written and phone calls made. It is likely that a relationship based on occasional short visits followed by long periods of separation will not succeed.

http://www.uklgig.org.uk/uprule.htm

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

keithAngel
11th February 2011, 02:18
Unmarried Partners Rule

OUTLINE OF THE UNMARRIED PARTNERS RULE

What do they mean by a relationship ‘akin to marriage’?
They mean that the relationship must be similar in its nature to a marriage. This means a high level of commitment to the relationship to the exclusion of other similar relationships. It means an intention to live together, to build a home together and grow old together. It is intended to exclude relationships, which are not committed.

What is meant by the phrase "have been living together in a relationship, which has subsisted for two years or more"?
In order to meet this requirement, the Home Office (or entry clearance officers at British Diplomatic Posts) will expect the couple to show evidence of cohabitation for the two-year period preceding the date of application. Short breaks apart would be acceptable for good reasons, such as work commitments, or looking after a relative which takes one partner away for a period of up to six months where it was not possible for the other partner to accompany.
The most straightforward application will be one in which there is evidence of 2 years cohabitation. Where a relationship has subsisted for 2 years but you have not cohabited throughout (e.g. some time spent apart due to living in different countries) then your application will be scrutinised carefully but you could still succeed. There is legal precedent (Ref. IM/09696/2004) for the argument that the Immigration Rules require a 2 year relationship akin to marriage but not 2 years of continual co-habitation. If you are in such a situation, it is suggested you seek legal advice to ascertain the chances of success.
If you have been separated during the two-year period it is necessary to show that the relationship has continued throughout that period by visits, letters/emails written and phone calls made. It is likely that a relationship based on occasional short visits followed by long periods of separation will not succeed.

http://www.uklgig.org.uk/uprule.htm

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

PeterUK
11th February 2011, 08:22
Thanks for info guys. We have been together for 5 years now. I met her when we were both working in Kuwait. I have for the last 5 years been working away on a rotation of about 3 months work then home to Phils on vacation for 2-3 weeks. Whilst in between contacts 2 years ago I did stay there for 6 months, but i think they would get me on the clause

[QUOTE][It is likely that a relationship based on occasional short visits followed by long periods of separation will not succeed./QUOTE]

bruneicop
11th February 2011, 08:26
Hi Peter but as far as anyone is concerned you are living together, you just work away from home, ou can show that you visit the philippines on every rotation? (or at least most of them) and you have all the eveidnece that you have been together 5 years, i cant see why they could refuse you.

PeterUK
11th February 2011, 10:05
Thanks Steve, seems like a very good option open to me. Have loads of evidence pictures 1000's going back over the last 5 years, letters, emails, my passport obviously has all the stamps from the Phils from visits every 3 months. She did come and live with me as well for 10 weeks when I was working in Abu Dhabi (Getting her visa for there was a completly different story but still managed it)

I know many on here say its the hardest visa to obtain but may look at it as an option open to us.

joebloggs
11th February 2011, 12:03
:D keith that is not from UKBA ( what are you doing on that website :rolleyes:), i know of people who have been refused Unmarried partner visa's becuase of the 2yrs living together.. :NoNo:

but hey you never know :xxgrinning--00xx3:

keithAngel
11th February 2011, 14:52
worth a try

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/part8/unmarriedandsamesexpartners/

the problem might be more getting your partner out of the fils if she is still married