PDA

View Full Version : best times to fly

worthingmale
7th February 2011, 22:09
Hi

Is it cheaper to go during the week for example a Wednesday than a Saturday flight ?

Cheers

Nigel

Steve.r
7th February 2011, 22:12
I have found it is better during the week, over weekends. If you go to Southall Travel for instance and do a flight search, you can get up a grid of outward and inbound flights to Manila. You can choose your dates as to the prices shown. You can see the diffents prices as a guide. I booked yesterday and already the same flight is now £45 more expensive.

hth
Steve

stevewool
7th February 2011, 22:13
depends who you fly with , me i always look the whole week and try different dates too, you may save a little fortune by looking

JimOttley
7th February 2011, 22:34
It can be, on KLM at least, you really need to check your dates carefully the variations can be quite extreme, avoid major festivals i.e. Easter, Christmas, all Saints day and avoid summer (March, April, May) if you really want the cheapest deals.

Even during the above times some good deals can be had but you have to check often.

Ako Si Jamie
7th February 2011, 22:36
Yeah, if you're flexible with your dates, shop around and take your time you''ll get a better price and it seemed to me weekdays were cheaper. Saw a return flight for £380 on a Wednesday, six weeks before the date of travel.

Arthur Little
7th February 2011, 23:00
Hi

Is it cheaper to go during the week for example a Wednesday than a Saturday flight ?

Cheers

Nigel

I have found it is better during the week, over weekends. If you go to Southall Travel for instance and do a flight search, you can get up a grid of outward and inbound flights to Manila. You can choose your dates as to the prices shown. You can see the diffents prices as a guide. I booked yesterday and already the same flight is now £45 more expensive.

hth
Steve

depends who you fly with , me i always look the whole week and try different dates too, you may save a little fortune by looking

It can be, on KLM at least, you really need to check your dates carefully the variations can be quite extreme, avoid major festivals i.e. Easter, Christmas, all Saints day and avoid summer (March, April, May) if you really want the cheapest deals.

Even during the above times some good deals can be had but you have to check often.

Yeah, if you're flexible with your dates, shop around and take your time you''ll get a better price and it seemed to me weekdays were cheaper. Saw a return flight for £380 on a Wednesday, six weeks before the date of travel.

Loads of good suggestions there, Nigel ... just make sure you steer clear of the "fly by nights "!!! :603785:

worthingmale
9th February 2011, 16:08
this forum rocks,

cheers everybody off soon for my second trip to see my lady and cant wait

its like being a child at christmas :)

Steve.r
9th February 2011, 17:15
Did you book up ?

keithAngel
10th February 2011, 03:10
on a another note

I also prefer leaving the UK in the early morning say 9.30am this means im already rested on the journey arriving around 11.30am 18 hours later the next day in Cebu I can then just stay up till bedtime and dont suffer the same from jetlag:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
10th February 2011, 09:58
Best time to fly is when you're in an aeroplane :airline:, I've tried flying after slipping on ice but fell far short of Manila :crazy:

Steve.r
10th February 2011, 11:49
Best time to fly is when you're in an aeroplane :airline:, I've tried flying after slipping on ice but fell far short of Manila :crazy:

Depends what 'ice' you flew on :Cuckoo: