PDA

View Full Version : Its a small pool we swim in.

Tawi2
7th February 2011, 20:07
I just found out Graham knew some guys I used to knock around with in Hong Kong back in the early-mid 90's,since I have been on this forum I have met two members whose husband/boyfriend are aquaintances,one works abroad in a consultant capacity,one works in keeping this country safe closer to home,I also know one or two other members who I heard of or met once long before I even logged on here,I even had lunch with a schoolmistress who taught a member of this site :icon_lol: Its indeed a small pool we swim in ;)

joebloggs
7th February 2011, 20:38
have you met my misses :yikes:

i hope not :icon_sorry:

:xxparty-smiley-004:

i probably saw dom at the barrio in heaton park 2 years ago :rolleyes:

well we were both there :icon_lol:

Sim11UK
7th February 2011, 20:39
You know my wifes Aunt as well, down in Davao. :rolleyes: :Hellooo:

Tawi2
7th February 2011, 20:43
You know my wifes Aunt as well, down in Davao.
Toril,St Peters :) I didnt know she was your wifes aunt till I mentioned her name and you told me :Erm: Its like a big spiders web and we are all somehow linked :cwm24:

joebloggs
7th February 2011, 20:47
have you ever been to Timbuktu Tawi2 :Erm:

Sim11UK
7th February 2011, 20:51
Toril,St Peters :) I didnt know she was your wifes aunt till I mentioned her name and you told me :Erm: Its like a big spiders web and we are all somehow linked :cwm24:

Ladybug couldn't believe it when you said...she went all giggly. :D It was nice. :)

Tawi2
7th February 2011, 20:56
If ever I am in Toril the same time as you pop over Sim,you can spend the day at the beach,my guest :)

Sim11UK
7th February 2011, 21:10
Salamat...ok! We've got to get down that way sometime. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
7th February 2011, 21:12
it is indeed a small world we live in :)

Sim11UK
7th February 2011, 21:22
Didn't you know gracia a member here...her friends, relatives & the street she lived in? :Erm:

grahamw48
8th February 2011, 01:58
You just can't go anywhere can you ! :NoNo:

Arthur Little
8th February 2011, 02:32
Toril,St Peters :) we are all somehow linked :cwm24:

:gp: ... "we're ALL God's children".

But ... shh :D ... don't tell Apo I said that ... :signs136:

Terpe
8th February 2011, 10:14
Six degrees of separation is the theory that anyone on the planet can be connected to any other person on the planet through a chain of acquaintances that has no more than five intermediaries. The theory was first proposed in 1929 by the Hungarian writer Frigyes Karinthy in a short story called "Chains."

In 2001, Duncan Watts, a professor at Columbia University, continued his own earlier research into the phenomenon and recreated Milgram's experiment on the Internet. ........Watts found that the average number of intermediaries was indeed, six. Watts' research, and the advent of the computer age, has opened up new areas of inquiry related to six degrees of separation in diverse areas of network theory such
as as power grid analysis, disease transmission, graph theory, corporate communication, and computer circuitry.

Source:- http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,,sid9_gci932596,00.html

......Still totally amazes and astounds me whenever it happens.
Makes me really smile.

Arthur Little
8th February 2011, 14:12
:gp: ... "we're ALL God's children".

But ... shh :D ... don't tell Apo I said that ... :signs136:

... better he continues to believe "we're a' Jock Tamson's bairns"!!! :anerikke: