PDA

View Full Version : News of some of my old shipmates in Egypt

subseastu
4th February 2011, 12:56
Not sure if any of you will this funny or amusing but as I've just worked with these blokes for a while this email I've just received from my old captain who is stranded in the Gulf of Suez really tickled me.

Hi Stu,
Ahmed Sary our Dpo is throwing stones at the pro-Mubarak supporters - trouble is - our other DPO Mohamed Fouad is pro-Mubarak and was hit o the head by a rock in the square and is now in hospital !! Maybe it was Sary!!
Jeff
I just like the idea of two blokes who work very closely with each other going at it hammer and tongs when they get home!! Got to find the humour in everything, obviously before anyone mentions it I do realise it is a very serious situation over there, this just made me laugh thats all.

JimOttley
4th February 2011, 14:59
It is a bit amusing :)

But I was just trying to work out what a DPO is? "Dynamic Positioning Operator" drilling platforms?

subseastu
4th February 2011, 15:09
Correct, though a dpo is employed on any dynamically positioned vessel. Dive support, ROV, cable lay, pipe lay, construction, semi sub drill platform, FPSO (floating, production, storage, offloading) amoungest others.

Terpe
4th February 2011, 18:45
Not sure if any of you will this funny or amusing but as I've just worked with these blokes for a while this email I've just received from my old captain who is stranded in the Gulf of Suez really tickled me.

Hi Stu,
Ahmed Sary our Dpo is throwing stones at the pro-Mubarak supporters - trouble is - our other DPO Mohamed Fouad is pro-Mubarak and was hit o the head by a rock in the square and is now in hospital !! Maybe it was Sary!!
Jeff
I just like the idea of two blokes who work very closely with each other going at it hammer and tongs when they get home!! Got to find the humour in everything, obviously before anyone mentions it I do realise it is a very serious situation over there, this just made me laugh thats all.

Yep, I could see the funny side of it.:)