PDA

View Full Version : Just got my spouse/settlement visa approved!!...

sophiamarie
4th February 2011, 04:49
I just got the parcel from the Embassy, YES I GOT IT APPROVED!.....:Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump:

I wanna take this opportunity to say "THANK YOU" all for giving me a chance to share my stories in this great forum with wonderful & lovely people....

I would be more than willing to give some tips and ideas for everyone applying their settlement visas soon!...Good luck to you guys

Thanks again!

monahd0418
4th February 2011, 05:35
wow! congratulations! when are you going back to UK? :)

ybba
4th February 2011, 05:55
I just got the parcel from the Embassy, YES I GOT IT APPROVED!.....:Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump:

I wanna take this opportunity to say "THANK YOU" all for giving me a chance to share my stories in this great forum with wonderful & lovely people....

I would be more than willing to give some tips and ideas for everyone applying their settlement visas soon!...Good luck to you guys

Thanks again!

heloo sphiamarie congrats! im abby and about to logde my apllication next month, i wonder if you include any bank statements coming from you and employment certificate, because it is included in the new checklist the vfs provide for settlement aplication.any info would bemuch apreciated once again congrats!

Josieyam65
4th February 2011, 06:03
Congratulations, sophiamarie!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bruneicop
4th February 2011, 06:19
congratulations......enjoy life in the UK

Mickaela
4th February 2011, 07:54
:Hellooo:
Hi Sophiamarie! I knew you would get it. Congratulations!

sophiamarie
4th February 2011, 08:09
wow! congratulations! when are you going back to UK? :)

Hi Monahd:Wave:, will be flying out together with my hubby by end of this month...thanks

sophiamarie
4th February 2011, 08:12
heloo sphiamarie congrats! im abby and about to logde my apllication next month, i wonder if you include any bank statements coming from you and employment certificate, because it is included in the new checklist the vfs provide for settlement aplication.any info would bemuch apreciated once again congrats!

Thanks Abby:xxgrinning--00xx3:.. YES I did submit my own bank statements too (as evidence of fund transfers/support from my husband, to cross check with his bank statements too also to show any savings you have), and employment cert from my previous job...

hope this helps, thank you again and good luck to your future application:)

sophiamarie
4th February 2011, 08:19
Hi Mikaela, thank you:)...congratulations to both of us:Jump::xxgrinning--00xx3:

sophiamarie
4th February 2011, 08:20
congratulations......enjoy life in the UK

Thank you bruneicop:Jump:....

Terpe
4th February 2011, 08:23
Congratulations sophiamarie and well done. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Best wishes for your life in UK :)

Hope you will still find some time to pass on your experience to others here

aryM
4th February 2011, 08:27

Thanks again!

Congratulations Madz...!!!:Hellooo::Hellooo: To God be the Glory!!

sophiamarie
4th February 2011, 08:27
Thank you Terpe!... I am so excited to see my friends again soon:xxgrinning--00xx3:....Yes it is always my pleasure to share both my knowledge & experience to everyone... feel like throwing a party tonight, would you like to come to celebrate with us? hehehhe:Jump::Jump::Jump:

sophiamarie
4th February 2011, 08:34
Thank you again Myra...God bless you and family xxxx

Arthur Little
4th February 2011, 09:00

All's well that ends well, Sophia Maria/Madz ... as I predicted it would be! I'm absolutely delighted :BouncyHappy: ... Congratulations! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks again!

:) It's our pleasure ... and thank you for your kind offer.

mindanao
4th February 2011, 09:25
:xxgrinning--00xx3: well done sophiamarie. Congratulations.

sophiamarie
4th February 2011, 14:05
Would be a pleasure to be of help in any way I can...:)
Thanks Arthur & mindanao....

joebloggs
4th February 2011, 14:27
:xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo::Jump:
great news

alanmf1
4th February 2011, 14:29
:xxgrinning--00xx3:Many congratulations.....:Jump:

sophiamarie
4th February 2011, 15:11
It is indeed Joe!...:Wave::Jump: Thanks to you and Alan.....
....sniff sniff I can smell the spring:crazy:

sophiamarie
4th February 2011, 15:20
Hi all, I've got one question.....
I'm a bit confused and not sure the reason behind as I got no explanation or a letter of approval whatsoever!...I noticed that my visa states that I have 0 dependant??? But I have a daughter....is it going to a problem when I get to the passport control in the UK? Has it got something to do with "being a spouse with no recourse to public funds"?? But she is a British citizen who is entitled to all the benefits she ought to get....

Thanks in advance!!

Dedworth
4th February 2011, 16:06
I'm a bit confused and not sure the reason behind as I got no explanation or a letter of approval whatsoever!...I noticed that my visa states that I have 0 dependant??? But I have a daughter....is it going to a problem when I get to the passport control in the UK? Has it got something to do with "being a spouse with no recourse to public funds"?? But she is a British citizen who is entitled to all the benefits she ought to get....

Thanks in advance!!

I'd hazard a guess that as your daughter is a Brit there is no need for her to be mentioned on your paperwork. Congratulations on getting the visa sorted :)

sophiamarie
4th February 2011, 16:10
Hi Dedworth, thanks for your opinion appreciate it:xxgrinning--00xx3:....hubby & I thought the same but still not sure the real explanation behind it....

Dedworth
4th February 2011, 16:26
Hi Dedworth, thanks for your opinion appreciate it:xxgrinning--00xx3:....hubby & I thought the same but still not sure the real explanation behind it....

I assume she's got a British Passport. By the way when you pitch up at the airport don't you waste time and queue seperately at the non brit/non EU channel at passport control. Just all go through together at the UK one. I was told this by an official a couple of years ago applies to spouses with leave to remain whether travelling singly or with partner. Might save you a bit of time.

sophiamarie
4th February 2011, 16:32
I assume she's got a British Passport. By the way when you pitch up at the airport don't you waste time and queue seperately at the non brit/non EU channel at passport control. Just all go through together at the UK one. I was told this by an official a couple of years ago applies to spouses with leave to remain whether travelling singly or with partner. Might save you a bit of time.

Yepp shes got a British passport!...Thanks for this tip Dedworth, will take note of it...I didn't know this before, in fact, it always took us ages to get through to the passport control during my previous visits, now I know:Jump::Jump::Jump:...THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

sophiamarie
4th February 2011, 16:33
But I was on a tourist visa, should be a different story right???:doh

bruneicop
4th February 2011, 16:36

Just to add to dedworth's note, when my wife traveled to the UK last year with our son. (son is british passport holder) she went straight to the UK / EU line, and didn't have any problems (and she as only on a visitors visa), infact this was the easiest she has ever passed through Heathrow.

sophiamarie
4th February 2011, 16:58
Hi bruneicop, thanks for the input! :xxgrinning--00xx3:....well I was on a tourist visa before I had my daughter, so its gonna be my first time to enter the UK with her.....this is really a big help in saving our time when we get there esp having a cheeky and active tot with you:icon_lol::Jump:

raynaputi
4th February 2011, 18:50
congrats sophiamarie :Jump:

cessxy
4th February 2011, 19:25
Congrats Sophia. Have a safe flight :):Wave:

stevie c
4th February 2011, 19:42
congratulations sophia i never doubted your visa would be granted fantastic news :Jump:

Sim11UK
4th February 2011, 21:32
Oh well done :xxgrinning--00xx3: You didn't have to wait long.
I don't think they have any diamond mines in the UK though? :Erm: :D

Terpe
4th February 2011, 22:21

Only in my village where I was 'mined' :D

purple
5th February 2011, 00:02
:Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump:CONGRATULATIONS:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

sophiamarie
5th February 2011, 03:43
Thank you thank you all:Wave::Wave:

Rosie1958
5th February 2011, 04:11
Congratulations Madz/ Sophia Maria, a wonderful outcome for all of you! Whereabouts are you going in the UK?

sophiamarie
5th February 2011, 04:16
Only in my village where I was 'mined' :D

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::hubbahubba:

sophiamarie
5th February 2011, 04:17
Congratulations Madz/ Sophia Maria, a wonderful outcome for all of you! Whereabouts are you going in the UK?

Hi Rosie, thank you again:xxgrinning--00xx3: My hubby lives in Tenterden Kent.

sophiamarie
5th February 2011, 04:21
congratulations sophia i never doubted your visa would be granted fantastic news :Jump:

Thank you Steve, yea after all the disappointments, stresses & struggles to get everything done and a long long wait, it was all paid off!!....I shed some tears of joy the moment I saw my visa:Jump:
Thank you again for the support you've given to me.

sophiamarie
5th February 2011, 04:25

Maybe its about time for us to open a diamond mine there, so hubby can resign & live with us for good:Hellooo:

joebloggs
5th February 2011, 10:12

Thanks in advance!!

because you didn't apply for a settlement visa for her ( no need to as she has a brit pass port) but if she didnt have a brit passport you would have had to apply for a settlement visa for her, and it would have said on your visa 1 dependent. :rolleyes:

joebloggs
5th February 2011, 10:14
i see your in laguna Sophiamarie , what part ? i spent many happy days over the years living at my misses place in San Pedro :rolleyes:

sophiamarie
5th February 2011, 11:40
because you didn't apply for a settlement visa for her ( no need to as she has a brit pass port) but if she didnt have a brit passport you would have had to apply for a settlement visa for her, and it would have said on your visa 1 dependent. :rolleyes:

Thank you for more infos Joe, its a bit clearer for me now:xxgrinning--00xx3: appreciate it....hubby & I realized how favorable it was for us to have made the right decision of getting her British passport 1st & foremost before they sent me home!!...well apart from the thought of having to get her Philippine passport 1st at the Philippine embassy in London...
Could have been a nightmare if we also had to apply for another set of settlement application for her:hubbahubba:

sophiamarie
5th February 2011, 11:41
We are in Biņan, just close to Pavilion Mall...to be exact in Jubilation county....

steve monty
5th February 2011, 21:45
Hi there Sophiamarie,

I would like to say many congratulations on getting your spousal visa!! Safe travelling and I hope you can get used to the weather here!! might be a little bit of a shock for you! :yikes:

I hope in the future to start applying for a spousal visa also, so hopefully you won't dissappear from this forum so you can help with my questions. :xxgrinning--00xx3: :D

joebloggs
6th February 2011, 00:07
We are in Biņan, just close to Pavilion Mall...to be exact in Jubilation county....

my wife went to Perpetual help in binan for more than 5yrs :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sophiamarie
6th February 2011, 05:08
Hi there Sophiamarie,

I would like to say many congratulations on getting your spousal visa!! Safe travelling and I hope you can get used to the weather here!! might be a little bit of a shock for you! :yikes:

I hope in the future to start applying for a spousal visa also, so hopefully you won't dissappear from this forum so you can help with my questions. :xxgrinning--00xx3: :D

Hi steve monty, promise I won't disappear to this forum:xxgrinning--00xx3: cuz I also need some advise for ILR before my 2 yr spouse visa expires!...:Jump:..Anyway, thanks, I should rather say that I miss the UK weather though:hubbahubba:

sophiamarie
6th February 2011, 05:09
my wife went to Perpetual help in binan for more than 5yrs :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Awww, my sister goes here too....so whereabouts in Pinas do you reside now?

joebloggs
6th February 2011, 06:57
Awww, my sister goes here too....so whereabouts in Pinas do you reside now?

most of my misses family now lives in Puerto Princesa :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ViesVies
6th February 2011, 19:05
Congratulations Sophiamarie.

Im about to apply for my spouse visa, just passed the english test. Husbands about to send documents to me but hes struggling on the letter in invitation and what to write. Do you think that 6 months bank statements, 7 months payslips, mortgage statements, utility bills, 1 years phone bill statements to prove he calls me daily, copy of his birth certificate, copy of his passport and his visit to the phils, his nhs number is sufficient. He has photo copied everything and is sending the originals except for passport and birth certificate. I told him he might need all this but I now think I have gone a bit too far..lol
Congratulations once again and any advice you may give me will be really appreciated. We married in Aug09 and we have waited so long to be together..

ViesVies
6th February 2011, 19:07
one thing, how long did your visa take, im hoping to join my husband in march..im so happy that its happening at last

ViesVies
6th February 2011, 19:13
when are you applying for your spouse visa, Im about to apply for mine, just sat the english test and got good result. Im so excited that i can join my husband but hes struggling on what to write in his letter of invitation for me, any ideas?

hope you may help

sophiamarie
7th February 2011, 03:40
Congratulations Sophiamarie.

Im about to apply for my spouse visa, just passed the english test. Husbands about to send documents to me but hes struggling on the letter in invitation and what to write. Do you think that 6 months bank statements, 7 months payslips, mortgage statements, utility bills, 1 years phone bill statements to prove he calls me daily, copy of his birth certificate, copy of his passport and his visit to the phils, his nhs number is sufficient. He has photo copied everything and is sending the originals except for passport and birth certificate. I told him he might need all this but I now think I have gone a bit too far..lol
Congratulations once again and any advice you may give me will be really appreciated. We married in Aug09 and we have waited so long to be together..

Hi ViesVies, thank you:xxgrinning--00xx3: Will pm you my hubby's sponsorship/personal letter for you to get some idea at least would be less problem for you, no worries:xxgrinning--00xx3: will also include the cover & my personal letters.
Important: copies of his passport & birth certificate should be testified (have to ask a solicitor to do it)...also don't forget to include all the stamp pages of his passport too not just the ID page!...
All mentioned supporting documents is ok....you're getting there, just make sure to double check, go through one by one to make sure you don't miss anything:xxgrinning--00xx3:

sophiamarie
7th February 2011, 03:49
btw got mine in just 8 days!!!!..
Jan 25 - lodged my application, got a text same day that it has been forwarded to the British Embassy
Jan 30 - got another text informing that it has been forwarded to the British High Commission under process
Feb 03 - got another text saying that it has been processed and forwarded to courier...

I should say that no one can tell exactly as to "how long you have to wait", my impression is, if you have all the complete supporting documents + other relevant docs + photocopies provided (a very straight forward application), then there shouldn't be any reason for your application to put "on hold"... I would have thought mine would have taken a bit longer the fact that its their peak season...
Good luck to your application again:xxgrinning--00xx3:

ybba
7th February 2011, 05:19
heloo again sophiamarie its abby,is testifying my bf birth certificate and his passport copies pages by a solicitor is the same as certifying the said documents by a lawyer? is ethier way acceptable to the british embassy? becuase i read a post before theres are being certified by a lawyer so im a bit confused is these two procedure is the same. thnks

sophiamarie
7th February 2011, 05:29
Yea certify/testify by a lawyer or solicitor is the same, just using different terms:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

ybba
7th February 2011, 06:16
wow thnks for the quick reply sophi,now im not confused anymore hehehe and thnks for the new info solicitor/lawyer is the same,though its not stated in the cheklist that these documents have to be certified but i guess it helps to shortend the pocess,may i ask if did you considerd your birth certificate have it sealed with a red ribbon at the DFA? i read some post that they did not considered this procedure and still got there visa,do you think these is necessary, for a read ribbon seal is expensive and time consuming.Im still in the process of gathering the documents for my fiancee visa aplication once everything is ok then i will submit to vfs.

imagine
7th February 2011, 06:43
hi,about solicitor certifying doccuments, for him is it just his passport ? and where a uk solicitors or solicitor in philipines, and is this nessacery ?

sophiamarie
7th February 2011, 07:05
Hi Abby, its only a pleasure!!...:xxgrinning--00xx3: re: birth certificate, you don't need to have it sealed with red ribbon, for as long it is on a security paper from the NSO (meaning authenticated copy)....

Hi imagine, it so happened that I had my hubby's passport...so what I did was just made photocopies and have them attested/certified here in the Philippines!..

Mind you, you can't have the photocopies certified without its original!! so if only photocopies to be sent off from the UK, make sure to have them certified before sending them on post:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I have experienced these issues myself in the past....hope this helps:xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo:

sophiamarie
7th February 2011, 07:10
more clarification: her partner is going to send the photocopies of his passport & birth certificates only, so these should be certified!...otherwise, all photocopies with the originals - no need to have them certified:xxgrinning--00xx3:

malditako
7th February 2011, 07:56
congratulation sophia :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

sars_notd_virus
7th February 2011, 11:49
Aww Good news!! Congratulations Sophia!!:xxgrinning--00xx3::)

sophiamarie
7th February 2011, 13:07
Thank you gparry and sars...a great blessing for us though:xxgrinning--00xx3:

South-east boy
7th February 2011, 13:26
Congratulations on having the visa granted so quick!

I know Tenterden as it's not so far from me. Sadly I don't think that there's so many forum members here from Kent!

Do you have a date planned for coming over yet?

sophiamarie
7th February 2011, 14:02
Hi south-east-boy, thank you yea I was surprised too!!...:Jump: i noticed that as well that not many of us here in the forum lives in the south east area, so whereabouts are you then?
Basically, only waiting for my hubby to come by 3rd week of Feb then maybe stay here for about 10 days and fly together, roughly 1st week of March:Jump:...

ybba
7th February 2011, 14:15
hi sophi did you take the CFO seminar before submitting the visa aplication or after recieving the visa result,may i ask wc CFO office you attend here in manila and what are the requirements, thnks! abby

South-east boy
7th February 2011, 15:46
Hi south-east-boy, thank you yea I was surprised too!!...:Jump: i noticed that as well that not many of us here in the forum lives in the south east area, so whereabouts are you then?
Basically, only waiting for my hubby to come by 3rd week of Feb then maybe stay here for about 10 days and fly together, roughly 1st week of March:Jump:...

Not long then! I'm in Walderslade which is near Maidstone and near the M2 and M20 motorways.

sophiamarie
7th February 2011, 16:00
hi sophi did you take the CFO seminar before submitting the visa aplication or after recieving the visa result,may i ask wc CFO office you attend here in manila and what are the requirements, thnks! abby

I attended the CFO seminar as it was written as one of the requirements in getting a new passport using foreign husband's surname, but it wasn't asked at all!...apparently, you need the sticker/certificate to present together with your spouse visa at the Immigration office at the international airport on your day of departure.
Complete CFO infos, guidance & requirements: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=329&Itemid=78

sophiamarie
7th February 2011, 16:05
Not long then! I'm in Walderslade which is near Maidstone and near the M2 and M20 motorways.

Awww closer to Isle of Sheppy where my in-laws live...could have been to this place already but can't remember exactly which side of the road:Erm:...must be a sign of old age:laugher:

stevie c
7th February 2011, 18:09

Hi sophia me & my wife florsel are from the south east we live in essex :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sophiamarie
7th February 2011, 18:35
Hi Steve, wow maybe we can meet up somewhere when we get back there? Would really be nice to make some filipina friends around...:Hellooo::Hellooo:

imagine
8th February 2011, 00:21
thankyou, sophiamarie, thats nice and clear, i understand now, :)

blessings and congratulations

sophiamarie
8th February 2011, 18:12
thankyou, sophiamarie, thats nice and clear, i understand now, :)

blessings and congratulations

Thank you imagine and all the best :xxgrinning--00xx3: