PDA

View Full Version : Egypt unrest: Day nine as it happened

Win2Win
3rd February 2011, 08:03
Coverage from a ninth day of unrest in Egypt, where President Hosni Mubarak says he will not stand in September elections, but defies protesters calling for his immediate resignation.

Content from... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/uk_politics/9385875.stm)

subseastu
3rd February 2011, 10:28
The lads on my old ship are now back in communication with the office in cairo after a week. All local crew has been sent home with 23 expat crew left onboard. They are now at anchor to try to conserve fuel and food / water. Trouble with the office not being open is there has been no wages paid, or crew changes organised!! There is also talk of them having to find their own way from port suez to cairo and pay for their own flight home!!!!! INSANE. I think I timed my exit from egypt rather well in hindsight. Just hope the lads on there will be ok.

KeithD
3rd February 2011, 10:31
Well the President's rented thugs failed yesterday...... the guys on the camels/horses getting their heads kicked in was funny :icon_lol: .... they didn't plan that very well :doh

subseastu
3rd February 2011, 13:03
I'm surprised that its got this far! Experience out there tells me that they couldn't organise a drinks party in a fermentation house let alone protests on this scale! So due to their amazing lack of organisational skills and general bone idleness i'm surprised that
1. protests where organised in the first place
2. other groups managed to organise themselves to go against the exsisting protesters, mind you it took them over a week to do that!!!