PDA

View Full Version : Getting schengen visa

purple
2nd February 2011, 19:37
Hi Everyone...

I'm not sure if I'm asking the right question here... as hubby wants to take me to other EU countries..

I wonder if anyone here have tried and what are the documents and how long would it take to process. We don't have any country in mind yet, but there might be a good long weekends for hubby to get away for a weekend.

Do EU countries are strict? I am on a spouse visa here in the UK.

Terpe
2nd February 2011, 20:19
Hi Purple,

It's a nice experience to visit other EU countries.
Schenghen Visa is not difficult to secure, but sometimes it can be a real frustrating pain in the :censored:
If you have any specific country in mind you will need to apply at that Embassy/Consulate.

You need to book an appointment and apply in person, with all the needed documents. Normally the holder of Philippine passport will not be issued with the visa on the same day. Maybe you need to wait a couple of weeks.

However, Purple, I have learned (from this forum) that a Schenghen Visa for Germany does not need a personal visit and can be obtained by post.
Look Here:-

http://www.london.diplo.de/Vertretung/london/en/07/Visa/__Visabestimmungen.html

Might be a big help.

You can travel from Germany to other places (Paris, Barcelona Rome etc) on the way home. :D

stevewool
2nd February 2011, 21:12
the trouble i have found and this is not gospal but i think you only can visit the country on the dates you have given and if you want to go again you have to go through it all again, i have given up on this, going to the phils this year and we will wait till emma has the ilr then watch out europe :icon_lol::icon_lol: