PDA

View Full Version : yahoo chat

ebony
30th March 2007, 01:06
hello there. just would like to ask for advice about yahoo chat transcripts. As what I've known from this site every document that will be submitted for the application should have two copies. We have not printed our yahoo chats yet but i think it will be more than a hundred pages. Do we need to send two copies for this?

tiger@tigress
30th March 2007, 02:51
hello there. just would like to ask for advice about yahoo chat transcripts. As what I've known from this site every document that will be submitted for the application should have two copies. We have not printed our yahoo chats yet but i think it will be more than a hundred pages. Do we need to send two copies for this?

I did mine including our cam snap shot on top of the page... it didnt reach to so many pages as TJ and I are into voice conversation so its just one page per day. :xxgrinning--00xx3: i also include the snap shot of our voice call history for every 15 days i guess... i did photcopy mine as well so i come up to two each....

Good luck :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo:

andypaul
30th March 2007, 07:21

Sorry in phill at the moment setting up our families web connection so loads to do. But there is an excellent thread on this subject. You dont need the full convos just the chat log showing how often you chat, the thread explaines it in detail.

Dont send two copies as sending two copies is only when you have an important document you need returning like house or land deeds.

jta
30th March 2007, 12:29
I did mine including our cam snap shot on top of the page... it didnt reach to so many pages as TJ and I are into voice conversation so its just one page per day. :xxgrinning--00xx3: i also include the snap shot of our voice call history for every 15 days i guess... i did photcopy mine as well so i come up to two each....

Good luck :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo:

hi,

just wonder how to retrieve those old chats, if not save as archive messages, is it still possible to retrieve? just know that it's very important...

regards, JTA

Philip
30th March 2007, 12:47
If you didn't have archive messages selected then they wont be saved. This is presuming you use your own pc or the person you were chatting to was?

If neither of you had the archive selected, then I think the chat logs are lost for good!:cwm3:

STU3UK
25th April 2007, 12:52
We usually just use Yahoo Chat for writing messages as you might expect! :Erm:

But over the weekend we tried the Calling Function which is obviously a good way to caht to my fiancee without the costs of the Calling Cards etc.

However, she could hear me fine but I could not hear her. I have a logitech webcam, she was using an internet cafe headset. Can anyone please suggest any reason as to why I cant hear her?

aromulus
25th April 2007, 13:13
We usually just use Yahoo Chat for writing messages as you might expect! :Erm:

But over the weekend we tried the Calling Function which is obviously a good way to caht to my fiancee without the costs of the Calling Cards etc.

However, she could hear me fine but I could not hear her. I have a logitech webcam, she was using an internet cafe headset. Can anyone please suggest any reason as to why I cant hear her?

Check the Volume control on your pc, if its set on mute microphone, that could be it...
Otherwise it could be the cam microphone, to which i would suggest a re-install.
But then again I am a techophobe, so I could be wrong on all counts...
I had bad experience with Mike carrying cams... So I only use creative webcam and separate headset/mike. Might look old fashioned, but it works great.

Dom

joebloggs
25th April 2007, 13:53
yes on most pc's the 'microphone\line in' setting is muted on the windows master volume, its muted by default, so not to cause feed back with the speakers.

also use the sound recorder program in windows, to test your mic is working, lets you record sound from your mic, check your mic is working, if this works looks like its setting in your cam software.

what ever software your using , it should have a test function, so you can test the mic and speakers,

if still not working checked you plugged the mic in the right hole :doh

also check the settings in windows sound and audio icon, they are not muted or volume is not too low.

eljean
25th April 2007, 13:58
hi,

just wonder how to retrieve those old chats, if not save as archive messages, is it still possible to retrieve? just know that it's very important...

regards, JTA

if you did set your preference to yes save all the messages then you can retrieve you ym chat logs....

go to PREFERENCES then click ARCHIVE then tick the circle yes, save all my messages so all your chat logs will be save and can be retrieve...:)

resnic123
5th May 2007, 20:30
If you didn't have archive messages selected then they wont be saved. This is presuming you use your own pc or the person you were chatting to was?

If neither of you had the archive selected, then I think the chat logs are lost for good!:cwm3:

I use Msn to chat with my Gf.
I have no records of any chats we have had.
I have screenshots of all chat but no archive history.
When i started chatting to my Gf in Nov 2005 it did not occur to me to record everything as i have never had to go through this whole visa process.
Does this mean i am screwed if i am to apply for fiance visa??

Thanks
Stew