PDA

View Full Version : is this a scam?

simplyxiao
1st February 2011, 14:46
a friend of mine asked me to check if Naschem Oil and gas company in scotland is real as it gives her job appointment. I thought its a scam and posted here so that others may know.

here are the details:

Naschem Oil and Gas Company
address:
DAVIDSON HOUSE, SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
PARK WALTER LEIGH WAY, MOSS INDUSTRIAL
ESTATE WNZ3PT LEIGH SCOTLAND
Tel: +44 704 576 5312
E-mail: hr@naschemoil.com

their travel agency to process visa application:

GLOBAL DE TOUR TRAVELS AGENCY
Fairways Business Park, Deer Park Avenue
Livingstone EH54 8AF, Scotland
Email:info@global-detours.com
scotlandtravels@global-detours.com, globaldetour@yahoo.co.uk
Tel: +447024023982
Contact person: Controller(Mr. Campbell Colin)
Designation: Visa, Work/Resident Permit Department

thanks a lot.

KeithD
1st February 2011, 15:06
They would only be employing people from the EU anyway if it wasn't a scam.

Arthur Little
1st February 2011, 15:07
Hmm ... most likely IS! :rolleyes: National Oil & Gas Company - an African-based enterprise with outlets in Australia, South America and Europe - appears to have delisted on 28 October 2010 ... following the acquisition of over 75 percent of the company's share capital by Korea National Oil Corporation.

Advise your friend to give it - and the purported Travel Agency in Scotland - a wide berth! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
1st February 2011, 15:24
Usually any job offers are accompanied by requests for payments/fees for processing visas and working permits or admin and legal. Means scam.

Anyone interested should check out the UKBA website for Working In The UK
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/

simplyxiao
1st February 2011, 15:30
thanks everyone for your replies.

i thought its a scam as she's offered appointment for office assistant in accounts and was ask to process her papers thru that tour agency which would mean her paying for it.

Howerd
1st February 2011, 16:25
This is just another variation of the Nigerian 419 fraud. Those phone numnbers are NOT UK mobile numbers, they are UK personal rate numbers, currently charged at 60p/min. Personal numbers may be used to divert calls to virtually any country in the world.

Having checked the whois registration for the Global Detours website, it gives an administrative contact phone number in Nigeria. In all probability, if you call either of the personal rate numbers your call will be answered by someone with a West African accent (maybe even the same person on both numbers), who will want you to send money for your visa application via Western Union!

Howerd
1st February 2011, 17:04
The domain name, naschemoil.com was only created on January 11, 2011.

The Naschem Oil website www.naschemoil.com has been copied from the website of a genuine company based in Scotland www.dana-petroleum.com. Dana Petroleum has a warning on its website about this scam.

I have determined that the person running this scam has at least 113 websites registered in his name.

Arthur Little
1st February 2011, 17:25
The domain name, naschemoil.com was only created on January 11, 2011.

The Naschem Oil website www.naschemoil.com has been copied from the website of a genuine company based in Scotland www.dana-petroleum.com. Dana Petroleum has a warning on its website about this scam.

I have determined that the person running this scam has at least 113 websites registered in his name.

:doh ... Nastychemfoil would be a more appropriate designation in this instance!

Terpe
1st February 2011, 17:34
I like the cut of your jib Howerd. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Like shaman magic bringing down the webs malicious forces.
Wish I could it

Howerd
1st February 2011, 17:57
:doh ... Nastychemfoil would be a more appropriate designation in this instance!

I like your play on words, especially the other one about Czech mate!

Howerd
1st February 2011, 18:01
I like the cut of your jib Howerd. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Like shaman magic bringing down the webs malicious forces.
Wish I could it

The advanced fee scam has been in existence for centuries. The world wide web just make it easier for the scammer to hide and spend virtually nothing targetting his victims.

I think landmarks such as London Bridge and the Eiffel Tower have been sold more than once and some 'legitimate' businesses are even selling parts of the moon!

Arthur Little
1st February 2011, 18:37
I like your play on words, especially the other one about Czech mate!

:) Oh ... the one relating to the article about the Czech lady that got "nobbled" - along with her Nigerian spouse!? :68711_thanx:, Howerd.

Howerd
2nd February 2011, 00:18
:) Oh ... the one relating to the article about the Czech lady that got "nobbled" - along with her Nigerian spouse!? :68711_thanx:, Howerd.

A case of being encaptured, rather than enraptured, I think

imagine
2nd February 2011, 00:22
theres a saying ,,,,,,,:Erm: if its too good to be true ,then it proberbly is

john sergison
3rd February 2011, 10:25
if you are not sure about something like this,another quick check is to trace the IP address from the email,this will give you the geographic location of the origin of the email, so it can give an early indication of the scam:)

Howerd
4th February 2011, 09:19
if you are not sure about something like this,another quick check is to trace the IP address from the email,this will give you the geographic location of the origin of the email, so it can give an early indication of the scam:)

IP addresses are easily faked, so you can appear to be in any country you want.

Arthur Little
4th February 2011, 09:32
A case of being encaptured, rather than enraptured, I think

:laugher: ... that's a clever one of yours too!

Howerd
4th February 2011, 18:03
:laugher: ... that's a clever one of yours too!

When I met my loved one, it was a case of snared and paired. I did the snaring, she did the pairing.

dontpushme
7th February 2011, 22:18
Yeesh! Are there any people at all in the UK who are willing to hire from outside the EU?:doh I'm really hoping I don't have to get a fiancee visa. But my job search isn't turning anything up except "non-EU residents need not apply". LOL.

Steve.r
7th February 2011, 22:22
Yeesh! Are there any people at all in the UK who are willing to hire from outside the EU?:doh I'm really hoping I don't have to get a fiancee visa. But my job search isn't turning anything up except "non-EU residents need not apply". LOL.

It is the same for a lot of westerners looking for work in the far east too. :doh

dontpushme
12th February 2011, 20:56
It is the same for a lot of westerners looking for work in the far east too. :doh

Really? Wow, I didn't think you'd have the same problem. What excuse are they giving you?